PDA

View Full Version : Bryce 5 Error

trugmolly
01-06-2004, 10:26 PM
HI
I am having probs with Bryce 5. It installs fine but on opening the prog it just hangs on 'finding network data' There is no error msg just hangs there.
I have tried it under xp and Me {both partitions on the same comp}
I am sure that I have had it working before with no probs.. I cannot get as far as the request for serial number window.
Wondered if anyone had had this prob or any ideas what it could be...
I believe it could be something to to with the network rendering.. This comp is not on a network I did try with the network card disabled ..till the same result
Cheers
Peter

4play
01-06-2004, 10:40 PM
I think it uses your unique network adapter mac adress to create the serial, something must be wrong with this process.

either somebody has cracked it badly or its pretty much screwed to begin with.

Project E-01
01-06-2004, 10:49 PM
Er, i dont remember Bryce 5 ever doing something like that. Heck, i dont remember the installer ever checking the network at all.

Are you sure you haven't installed Bryce 5 Lightning by accident? Its the smaller program that you install on extra machines to spread out the work when your rendering animations. If thats not it, then i guess you just have a corrupt version running (or rather, trying to).

And yes, i do use Bryce 5 (legit copy at that).
No, you may not have my serials.

Edit :- just checked, Bryce 5 doesnt even give a 'finding network data' message when loading at any point. It doesnt give any status messages for that matter - you must have installed lightning by accident.

trugmolly
01-06-2004, 11:11 PM
HI
Thanks for your help.
I do indeed have Bryce Lightning. Just looked. Not I feel quilty about where my compy came from.. serves me right that it does not work :)) Cheers again I would have been puzzling over it all night and worry about my network connections to no avail.... I can sleep now sound in my bed with just my twinge of guilt
Peter

Project E-01
01-06-2004, 11:20 PM
Where you get your software is your business, not mine. :music1:

Well, I'll let you figure out where to get Bryce from, This time, make sure its bryce and not lightning. B)

internet.news
01-11-2004, 10:20 PM
Look on http://www.renderosity.com - this is artist community - there might be some nice opened guy who could help you ;)

I think Bryce5 is a cultural part of life, cause you can easily share your dreams & thoughts with it. If you get it on K-Lite, the file called Bryce5 CD1.RAR or so is ok.