PDA

View Full Version : How Many Of You Chat

UKMan
01-06-2004, 10:39 PM
Do you just use these forums to communicate or do you use a regular IRC or MSN chat network?

If so, what do you chat about, is it important to you and do you enjoy it? I know i do and am finding out all sorts of things of interest.

Have you made any real friends over chat, did you meet your partner via chat and could you live without it? Have you a webcam and do you use it?

I am extrememly nosey B)

I actually love it!!

Peace
UKMan

Pete Waterman
01-06-2004, 10:41 PM
i chat a fair bit on slsk to people, speaking of which when are you coming back old timer?

Skweeky
01-06-2004, 10:42 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you doing this on purpose?

yes, I chat every night, yes I met my partner via chat. I think I'll be able to live without it from next week on, but there are many great people I met and I don't want to lose touch with them ;)

I have a webcam and a mic, I use that too on regular bases, it's very nice, much more intimate than just chatting

UKMan
01-06-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Pete Waterman@6 January 2004 - 23:41
i chat a fair bit on slsk to people, speaking of which when are you coming back old timer?
when my new HD arrives and when my PC can take the strain ;) It is rather resource demanding at times!

Peace
UKMan

Pete Waterman
01-06-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by UKMan+6 January 2004 - 22:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UKMan @ 6 January 2004 - 22:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pete Waterman@6 January 2004 - 23:41
when my new HD arrives and when my PC can take the strain ;) It is rather resource demanding at times&#33;

Peace
UKMan [/b][/quote]
just think of the bob dylan though. also i got some nice new rolling stones rom jetje the other day.

Aaron_T
01-06-2004, 10:47 PM
on the internet ive got stuff like MSN and that but i always end up here, occasiaonaly i will go on k-lte chat but very rarely, i make good friends by chatting but end up not talking to them much because i cant find them the next day or week. :)

JONNO_CELEBS
01-06-2004, 10:49 PM
:( Just........ :(

Jonno :(

UKMan
01-06-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Pete Waterman+6 January 2004 - 23:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pete Waterman @ 6 January 2004 - 23:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by UKMan@6 January 2004 - 22:43
<!--QuoteBegin-Pete Waterman@6 January 2004 - 23:41
when my new HD arrives and when my PC can take the strain ;) It is rather resource demanding at times&#33;

Peace
UKMan
just think of the bob dylan though. also i got some nice new rolling stones rom jetje the other day. [/b][/quote]
That would be nice of course :unsure:

Skillian
01-06-2004, 11:00 PM
I only use msn to chat with people I know already from real life - I&#39;d have to get to know someone before I&#39;d add them to my list, and the idea of random people just messaging me while I&#39;m working on the computer doesn&#39;t really appeal.

I chat a bit sometimes on slsk but that&#39;s because I&#39;m in a room where we all have a common interest, but I&#39;ve never been one for just chit-chatting about random stuff, a/s/l and all that.

My other trouble on slsk is I chat to someone for a while, but more often than not I forget their name so I don&#39;t get round to talking to them again :frusty:

Gemby!
01-06-2004, 11:02 PM
i chat mostly on msn but i post here too and sometimes on aol aswell but not as often as others :P

ivy
01-06-2004, 11:09 PM
i LOVE to chat. I run a file sharing server in a slavanap network and we&#39;re big chatters. Its great to meet people all over the world. I&#39;ve been running a server with almost the same bunch of people for about 2 1/2 years now. I&#39;ve even met a few of them. I have a webcam and mic and use them pretty regularly. Its quite novel to talk to someone from overseas and SEE them too.

I&#39;m such a big fan of chatting that I even play a chat game. www.there.com, if you&#39;re interested. They have a free two week trial but you have to have a pretty nice system to run it. Its not ONLY chatting, but its a big part.

I wont even go into how many friends ive made. I also have them on MSN and Yahoo so that I can talk to them from work.

:D :D :D :D

ugluk
01-06-2004, 11:50 PM
i chat on IRC. on occasion. mostly i tend to lurk these days. :P

ah the old KLF MusicWorld on slsk.. havent been for ages. :o

internet.news
01-07-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@6 January 2004 - 21:49
:(&nbsp; Just........ :(

Jonno :(
http://www.kosherquest.org/assets/images_food/icecream.jpg for Jonno :)

namzuf9
01-07-2004, 12:05 AM
Loner at heart :music1:

internet.news
01-07-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by UKMan@6 January 2004 - 23:39
Do you just use these forums to communicate or do you use a regular IRC or MSN chat network?

If so, what do you chat about, is it important to you and do you enjoy it? I know i do and am finding out all sorts of things of interest.

Have you made any real friends over chat, did you meet your partner via chat and could you live without it? Have you a webcam and do you use it?

I am extrememly nosey B)

I actually love it&#33;&#33;

Peace
UKMan
I am on this board, on #klchat I was some time ago - but you really can get a little
addictive ... but #klchat is a nice place...

I normally also have ICQ running when I am online...

internet.news
01-07-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by ivy@7 January 2004 - 00:09
i LOVE to chat. I run a file sharing server in a slavanap network and we&#39;re big chatters. Its great to meet people all over the world. I&#39;ve been running a server with almost the same bunch of people for about 2 1/2 years now. I&#39;ve even met a few of them. I have a webcam and mic and use them pretty regularly. Its quite novel to talk to someone from overseas and SEE them too.

I&#39;m such a big fan of chatting that I even play a chat game. www.there.com, if you&#39;re interested. They have a free two week trial but you have to have a pretty nice system to run it. Its not ONLY chatting, but its a big part.

I wont even go into how many friends ive made. I also have them on MSN and Yahoo so that I can talk to them from work.

:D :D :D :D
hey ivy, I have had a slavanap server sometime ago, cause I love seeing people logging on my pc ;) was nice - I was as well part of ballad network and I think I am still - we had some nice discussions with the guys from netherland - but when they updated their servers I was no longer able to connect to the main server :(

http://www.ballad.tk

http://www.ballad.gr ;)

internet.news
01-07-2004, 01:04 AM
USed tto chat on MSN but drunken Samsnasmamsansam got too much vfor ecvery one so now I&#39;m on time ou t :)

cowswithguns
01-07-2004, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by samsamsamsam@7 January 2004 - 11:04
USed tto chat on MSN but drunken Samsnasmamsansam got too much vfor ecvery one so now I&#39;m on time ou t :)
Hi Sam :) You&#39;re always welcome, you know that.......

ivy
01-07-2004, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by internet.news+6 January 2004 - 21:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.news @ 6 January 2004 - 21:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ivy@7 January 2004 - 00:09
i LOVE to chat.&nbsp; I run a file sharing server in a slavanap network and we&#39;re big chatters.&nbsp; Its great to meet people all over the world.&nbsp; I&#39;ve been running a server with almost the same bunch of people for about 2 1/2 years now.&nbsp; I&#39;ve even met a few of them.&nbsp; I have a webcam and mic and use them pretty regularly.&nbsp; Its quite novel to talk to someone from overseas and SEE them too.

I&#39;m such a big fan of chatting that I even play a chat game.&nbsp; www.there.com,&nbsp; if you&#39;re interested.&nbsp; They have a free two week trial but you have to have a pretty nice system to run it.&nbsp; Its not ONLY chatting, but its a big part.

I wont even go into how many friends ive made.&nbsp; I also have them on MSN and Yahoo so that I can talk to them from work.

:D&nbsp; :D&nbsp; :D&nbsp; :D
hey ivy, I have had a slavanap server sometime ago, cause I love seeing people logging on my pc ;) was nice - I was as well part of ballad network and I think I am still - we had some nice discussions with the guys from netherland - but when they updated their servers I was no longer able to connect to the main server :(

http://www.ballad.tk

http://www.ballad.gr ;) [/b][/quote]
well... im a close friend of the network owner. i can certainly give him your info so you can log back on. im sure he would love to see you. :)