PDA

View Full Version : File Preview

maxtor
01-07-2004, 01:37 AM
When i'm checking downloads on kazza i use avi preview.....now i'm just starting to use e mule and i'm having trouble previewing downloads...can anybody help me (please keep in mind that i'm totally new to e mule)

Joakim Agren
01-07-2004, 02:15 AM
Hello!

Use VideoLan Client for that:

http://www.videolan.org

It is best player to preview all sorts of incompletes but it is not the best player for those files that work in Avi Preview which is most of the files that I download. VLC has terrible playback control and is unintuitive. But you need it as most people do for those problem files!

DVD PIRATE III
01-07-2004, 02:19 AM
get the new version (070) as it supports previewing without having to download a seperate plugin

Joakim Agren
01-07-2004, 02:52 AM
Hello!

I am using version 0.6.2 and do not need any plug in to preview files!.

DVD PIRATE III
01-07-2004, 03:33 AM
Thats cause you havent come across a file it wont play yet without the plugin.....
Dont worry you download enough movies and you will
Theres a link for the plugin if anyone wants it on the eMule FAQ's page

maxtor
01-09-2004, 03:59 AM
I do try to preview using videolan 0.7.0 , but with no luck. It will only play complete files and not the partials I would like to have a look at. Any more advice?

DVD PIRATE III
01-09-2004, 04:32 AM
If your using version 070 you need to delete the preferences file.Once thats deleted then youll be able to preview incomplete files..
This technique is well documented on the VideoLAN.Org forum

This is where its located:
C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME HERE\Application Data\vlc

Youll need to have "show hidden files & folders " enabled to be able to get there

ricochet
01-11-2004, 05:39 AM
Question on installing videolan ... Do I need to install this into the emule temp folder or just let it install anywhere it wants ???

ricochet
01-11-2004, 05:39 AM
Question on installing videolan ... Do I need to install this into the emule temp folder or just let it install anywhere it wants ???

Double post sorry