PDA

View Full Version : Help!

wellimgoingtohellplayingthepiano
01-07-2004, 08:30 AM
Iknow ive posted a few help topics, but this is it i think. anyone here now if theres a way that i can DELETE ALL of my computer files? i mean something is wrong with my computer. i have 120GB HD but i can only find like 20 GB that i can actually see. the others are hidden, but anyways thats beside the point. do you guys know how i can start over? ill burn all the stuff i want to keep on a CD so when i start over, ill have everything and i wont need to DL it. Thanks guys

wellimgoingtohellplayingthepiano
01-07-2004, 08:41 AM
hi people, please dont think im joking around or anything but, i have a 120 GB HD and for 3-4 weeks it said i was around 4 gigs left, so when ever they would come close to running out i would warn me. now i restart my coputer and it freezes up, restart again, and freezes up again, now the third time, it takes a while to restatrt, and now i have 65GB free space???how did this happen????

I.am
01-07-2004, 08:46 AM
You will get tons of replies only if you start posting in the right sections. Each section is categorized, find where your question fits in. Isnt this your 6th post on the wront section.

I dont want to overwhelm you but just :) know where to post, otherwise not many people will reply.

Request a mod to move this.

deerslayer
01-07-2004, 09:05 AM
sorry ~ yr bad luck piano, DL heidi"s eraser, create boot disc per their simple instructions, boot up 2 floppy -- erase entire drive --- overwrite several times per DOD specs -- voila -- nu,clean drive --- good luck --- deerslayer

jetje
01-07-2004, 09:43 AM
topics moved and merged... maybe someone can help B)

Virtualbody1234
01-07-2004, 02:45 PM
To erase your HD, try this: http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm

clocker
01-07-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by wellimgoingtohellplayingthepiano@7 January 2004 - 01:30
i mean something is wrong with my computer. i have 120GB HD but i can only find like 20 GB that i can actually see. the others are hidden, but anyways thats beside the point. do you guys know how i can start over? ill burn all the stuff i want to keep on a CD
If you can only see 20GB of your drive how do you plan on burning your files to CD as a backup?
What have you tried so far to unmask the other, hidden part of your drive?