PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa Crash After A While

Man1
01-07-2004, 03:14 PM
Hey!
Lately, my KaZaA's speed is aspire to zero (0.2 KB etc.) and the program crash after a while, and I get this massage:
http://chaosfish.free.fr/Personal/Yoav/kazaa-prob.gif
It's happen in ALL versions. (Kazaa lite, Clean KMD etc.)

+ I share a lot of files, 1700 and something, so it isn't the problem.

Please tell me what to do! I can't download! :( :helpsmile:

Sparkle1984
01-07-2004, 04:52 PM
Are you on a university/college campus? Maybe they are against filesharing and so they have tried to throttle your download speed?

firefox
01-07-2004, 05:23 PM
if you are crashing, you could have a corrupt *.dat file. Move your files from your shared folder and then try and restart kazaa lite. Does it still crash. If not then one of those dat files is bad. Also your db folder could be corrupt. You could delete it too and then restart kazaa lite.

Man1
01-07-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@7 January 2004 - 16:52
Are you on a university/college campus? Maybe they are against filesharing and so they have tried to throttle your download speed?
No, I'm in my home.

And firefox, it's not one of the things that you mentioned.

thanks anyway :)

more ideas?

Sparkle1984
01-07-2004, 09:23 PM
OK here's some more suggestions I found in the K-Lite help files at http://kliteinfo.freesites.ws/faq/ It's quite long but hopefully the answer is there ;) :

Kazaa Lite crashes after a while
Are you using Windows 95, 98 or ME?
If so, those Operating Systems can only handle a limited number of simultanious connections to the internet. Each program that you have running that connects to the internet uses one or more of these connections. You have to reduce the amount of connections, so that your OS won't crash anymore. You can do that by closing down as many unneeded programs as possible. More importantly: Limit the number of simultanious downloads in Kazaa Lite. Also disable all tools that search for more sources (Speed Up, DietK, Kazap, etc.). This will hopefully solve your problem.

Another possible reason for the instability can be a too low amount of available system resources and internal memory. Kazaa Lite uses a lot of system resources. Specially when you edit file details in the My Kazaa Lite window. So whenever you have editted a lot of file details, it is a good idea to restart Kazaa Lite to free up the used resources. Also when running Kazaa Lite, always minimize it to systray if you aren't using it. That will save resources too. Best is to put it on another window as the traffic view first. Restarting Kazaa Lite once in a while can help much.

If you have less than 128 MB internal memory, you might want to consider adding some extra internal memory. This will improve the speed and stability of some programs. Besides memory is very cheap at the moment.

There is a bug in some old versions of ZoneAlarm Pro that can cause this. Download the latest version of ZoneAlarm.

Try the solutions from the topic "Things to do when Kazaa Lite crashes, freezes or has other stability problems".

Things to do when Kazaa Lite crashes, freezes or has other (stability) problems
Reduce the amount of downloads
If you have a lot of downloads in your traffic screen, then you should reduce that amount to something below 40. Just move some of the .dat files (partial downloads) out of your download folder into a different folder. You can move them back a few at a time when your other download are finished. Close Kazaa Lite before you move the files.

Set you upload bandwidth at the correct setting
If you set your upload bandwidth at unlimited, that may cause stability problems and high CPU usage.

It is recommended to set your upload bandwidth at about 80% of your maximum upload bandwidth. Run the Configuration Wizard that is included with the latest versions of Kazaa Lite K++ to set the correct upload bandwidth based on your type of Internet connection.

Also don't set the maximum number of uploads on unlimited. It is better to have set maximum of 10.

Man1
01-08-2004, 12:39 PM
I tried all of this.. :(
I think it's something related to my IP or something, because KaZaA isn't working on all the computers in the house.

Sparkle1984
01-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Who is your Internet Sevice Provider then?

Man1
01-09-2004, 12:12 PM
Local cable company (Matav and Internet Zahav, Israel)

Lite
01-09-2004, 05:12 PM
have you tried K-Lite v2.6 (its in devs corner)? Tried Uninstalling ALL versions of K-lite and deleting the Db folder?

Man1
01-09-2004, 09:32 PM
I tried K-lite 2.6. It's not working! :confused: :sadwalk: :sly: :sneaky1: :(

Switeck
01-10-2004, 12:56 AM
Are you on a wireless LAN?
Wireless routers often cannot handle the number of connections KL++ can create per second. This is especially true the further away your computer is from the wireless router.

Are you using a router?
If so, are you port-forwarding the ip port KL++ wants to use?
Also, are you trying to use KaNAT?
Without port-forwarding AND KaNAT, your connection is firewalled and very hard to connect to. It eliminates your ability to download from firewalled Kazaa/KL++ users.

Is your LAN in the 192.168.x.x address space?
(If so, do you see a LOT of connections TO 192.168.x.x while running KL++?)
This is the Kazaa/KL++ 'DDoS attack' bug in action, and it can no doubt knock out connections.

Lite
01-10-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Man1@9 January 2004 - 21:32
I tried K-lite 2.6. It's not working! :confused: :sadwalk: :sly: :sneaky1: :(
what error message do you get? have you downloaded and installed Kazmag.exe (from www.nsane.owns.it)

Man1
01-10-2004, 07:25 PM
Switeck, I don't think so. It used to work until some time ago. thanks

Lite, now I don't get this massage, I get others, but it's not matter.
The main thing that piss me off is that I can't download. Yes, I installed Kazmag.exe. thank you too :)

Switeck
01-11-2004, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Man1@10 January 2004 - 14:25
Switeck, I don't think so. It used to work until some time ago. thanks

The main thing that piss me off is that I can't download. Yes, I installed Kazmag.exe. thank you too :)
Is that "I don't think so." basically a "No" answer to all my questions?
Oh well, so much for that idea.

But if it was 'running well' before and now it's not AND it's crashing, I tend to think of software conflicts or a virus/trojan.

Lite
01-11-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Man1@10 January 2004 - 19:25
maybe if you tell me them i can help ;)

PGr
01-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Man1@7 January 2004 - 15:14
Hey!
Lately, my KaZaA's speed is aspire to zero (0.2 KB etc.) and the program crash after a while, and I get this massage:
http://chaosfish.free.fr/Personal/Yoav/kazaa-prob.gif
It's happen in ALL versions. (Kazaa lite, Clean KMD etc.)

+ I share a lot of files, 1700 and something, so it isn't the problem.

Please tell me what to do! I can't download! :( :helpsmile:
Are you downloading Dreamcatcher?

Offworlder
01-11-2004, 09:22 PM
poor you, i haven't got that message

Tok_Gajah
01-12-2004, 05:31 AM
Try changing ur supernode connection. :D

newcster68
01-12-2004, 06:20 AM
Yall have no earthly idea what you are saying to this man. All your ideas are wrong. His internet provider has nothing to do with Kazaa crashing. I had this same problems 2 times and it has to do with the resources that the program uses. Also yes, it definately is a bad .dat file in your saved folder, whether you see it or not it could be a movie that you extracted from a tar file, winzip, etc and the movie was extracted incorrectly which corrupts the movie even though you can watch it ok. I have said this many times before and I will say it again. Ever since these guys have kept on changing things in the kazaa program, updating it, adding, subtracting, etc. they are only screwing it up more and more. It don't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I went back to using the 3rd version that was put out and have never had the problem again.

Basically, make seperate folders for your movies, games, software, etc. then share those folders seperately on kazaa. the more you have in one folder, kazaa uses lots of resources and cant handle everything at one time so it crashes. This is a bug that needs to be fixed by these so called developers. They can say what they want but this is a major flaw in the system. Just my 2 cents worth :D

01-12-2004, 06:23 AM
newcster68
what version do you using? can you email me where can I find it???

newcster68
01-12-2004, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by 022@12 January 2004 - 00:23
newcster68
what version do you using? can you email me where can I find it???
You can Try any of these versions but I use the 210 ver. :D

kazaalite200.exe (http://domania.us/LWN2003/KazaaLite/kazaalite200.exe)
kazaalite202.exe (http://domania.us/LWN2003/KazaaLite/kazaalite202.exe)
kazaalite210.exe (http://domania.us/LWN2003/KazaaLite/kazaalite210.exe)
kazaalite210b2.exe (http://domania.us/LWN2003/KazaaLite/kazaalite210b2.exe)
kazaalite243.exe (http://domania.us/LWN2003/KazaaLite/kazaalite243.exe)
klitekpp243e.exe (http://domania.us/LWN2003/KazaaLite/klitekpp243e.exe)

zedd
01-12-2004, 08:28 AM
can someone tell me please, everytime i change to a new page in this forum an error message comes up saying 'script error' with other bits of information informing me of the problem and then it gives me the option of going ahead or not, whats that all about?

newcster68
01-12-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by zedd@12 January 2004 - 02:28
can someone tell me please, everytime i change to a new page in this forum an error message comes up saying 'script error' with other bits of information informing me of the problem and then it gives me the option of going ahead or not, whats that all about?
I have been having the same problems to plus I keep getting this at the bottom left:

http://domania.us/LWN2003/KazaaLite/error.PNG

Must be an script error in the board.. :(

Switeck
01-12-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by newcster68@12 January 2004 - 01:20
His internet provider has nothing to do with Kazaa crashing. I had this same problems 2 times and it has to do with the resources that the program uses. Also yes, it definately is a bad .dat file in your saved folder, whether you see it or not it could be a movie that you extracted from a tar file, winzip, etc and the movie was extracted incorrectly which corrupts the movie even though you can watch it ok. I have said this many times before and I will say it again. Ever since these guys have kept on changing things in the kazaa program, updating it, adding, subtracting, etc. they are only screwing it up more and more. It don't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I went back to using the 3rd version that was put out and have never had the problem again.Yes, the ISP/internet connection is an unlikely cause of crashes. However, it is remotely possible to cause KL++ to crash due to bad networking data caused by corrupted data packets.

With that said, what you said (bad DAT file) is the MOST likely cause of crashes.

The second most likely is software or firmware conflicts in his computer.

The third is bugs in KL++ -- it's become a house of cards built by people who don't communicate with the original makers enough to insure 100% compatibility. (And naturally, that's impossible because the original makers -- Sharman -- are complete a$$hole$.)

firefox
01-12-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by zedd@12 January 2004 - 02:28
go to internet options and take the tick mark off of Disable Script Debuging.

man2
01-14-2004, 07:48 PM
Thanks newcster68! It actually works! You're the man! :D