PDA

View Full Version : Many Users But More Sources Needed

RationalBOb
01-07-2004, 07:39 PM
How come when I search for songs ( for instance as search for Iggy Pop) I get a lot of listed song with great bandwidth and at a least a 128 bit rate. But when I try to download from the 18+ users it keeps saying more sources needed...... Surely 18 or 20 users would increase the likelihood of being able to download it i.e increase the shared bandwidth. Also you can see more songs that are named exactly the same in the search window but in traffic when you search for more sources you get nothing

internet.news
01-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by RationalBOb@7 January 2004 - 20:39
How come when I search for songs ( for instance as search for  Iggy Pop) I get a lot of listed song with great bandwidth and at a least a 128 bit rate. But when I try to download from the 18+ users it keeps saying more sources needed...... Surely 18 or 20 users would increase the likelihood of being able to download it i.e increase the shared bandwidth. Also you can see more songs that are named exactly the same in the search window but in traffic when you search for more sources you get nothing

At the time you searched there had been 18 Users available with this song. But maybe when you started downloading some Users have currently no slot available -> wait a little -> it should change after some time as Kazaa downloads from each of the 18 Users a little bit of the file.