PDA

View Full Version : Halo Hacked!?

brucelee21
01-07-2004, 08:53 PM
I'm not sure if someone was tryin to hack my pc, but maybe someone can clarify this for me...I was playin Halo online MP on a cracked server, then some guy was whining about somethin...so naturally I dissed him and called him a baby...then seconds later I was booted out of the game and back to windows but then there was a box with a little Halo icon and it said "gathering exception data" (or something like that) and my pc started to flip out...so I got freaked and shut down b4 it could finish doing whatever it was doing. Needless to say that has never happened b4. any thoughts?

phAnt0m buRn
01-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Maybe this server doesn't tolerate rudeness.

Then again, I have no idea.

Sorry. :(

brucelee21
01-07-2004, 09:21 PM
yeah right...its just a game....but what about that gathering exception data? what does that mean?

Mad Cat
01-07-2004, 09:34 PM
Its just that crappy Windows report error rubbish. It collects information about an error that occured on your PC. Don't worry about it. You can turn the Send Report error messages by:

Right Click My Computer > Properties > Advanced Tab > Error Reporting

Then: Disable error report. Seeing critical errors is optional, but you might as well turn it off to avoid annoyance.

muchspl2
01-07-2004, 09:38 PM
what, your recommending turning off error reporting, even critical errors :huh:

Mad Cat
01-07-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@7 January 2004 - 21:38
what, your recommending turning off error reporting, even critical errors :huh:
Yes, its rubbish basically. It also uses system resources gathering this data, even if you don't send the error report.

Plus, if you've got a critical error, an annoying system message doesn't help the problem.

If you want error reporting, and feel you have a moral obligation to help Microsoft, then by all means keep it. Your choice.

brucelee21
01-08-2004, 04:47 AM
true...whenever I get those error report things, I always click don't send...f**k bill gates! But if he wants to adopt me, I'm okay with that...hehehe

Duracell Plus+++
01-08-2004, 04:01 PM
WHOS YOUR DADDY!!!!!

:rolleyes: