PDA

View Full Version : My God

dwightfry
01-08-2004, 01:09 AM
Once again, some people know about the shit that I've been going through...well...today I made the mistake of being hopeful, I looked around and felt good about things for the first time in months, big mistake.

5 months ago, me and my now ex-fiance, moved out of our apartment so that a homeless friend of ours could move in for the remainder of the lease. That is when all the shit started. One of the big things was that the landlord of the apartment was billing us for around $700 for damages. After some argueing with him we thought it was settled, they get to keep the deposit and thats it. Well, now, 5 months later, he actually filed a lawsuit. Not only that, but he ADDED stuff like $30 for painting the radiator.

At this point I've gotten so low that it is almost humerous how bad things have been going. The good news is I don't think he has a chance of winning. 3 days before our lease was up they came in and tore up the carpet and began repainting even before we were moved out. (Well, my friend was moved out). They still had a bunch of crap there and the people moved everything into one room, tore up the carpet and moved everything to the other room and tore up that carpet. When we got the $700 bill, there were at least 4 things that they billed us for that we had written on the sign-in sheet was already broken when we moved in. And now he is sueing us for stuff that he didn't even ask us for. I'm pretty confident his credibility is shot.

Oy....this has definitly been the WORSE 5 months of my life. :rolleyes:

internet.news
01-08-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by dwightfry@8 January 2004 - 00:09
Once again, some people know about the shit that I've been going through...well...today I made the mistake of being hopeful, I looked around and felt good about things for the first time in months, big mistake.

5 months ago, me and my now ex-fiance, moved out of our apartment so that a homeless friend of ours could move in for the remainder of the lease. That is when all the shit started. One of the big things was that the landlord of the apartment was billing us for around $700 for damages. After some argueing with him we thought it was settled, they get to keep the deposit and thats it. Well, now, 5 months later, he actually filed a lawsuit. Not only that, but he ADDED stuff like $30 for painting the radiator.

At this point I've gotten so low that it is almost humerous how bad things have been going. The good news is I don't think he has a chance of winning. 3 days before our lease was up they came in and tore up the carpet and began repainting even before we were moved out. (Well, my friend was moved out). They still had a bunch of crap there and the people moved everything into one room, tore up the carpet and moved everything to the other room and tore up that carpet. When we got the $700 bill, there were at least 4 things that they billed us for that we had written on the sign-in sheet was already broken when we moved in. And now he is sueing us for stuff that he didn't even ask us for. I'm pretty confident his credibility is shot.

Oy....this has definitly been the WORSE 5 months of my life. :rolleyes:
You don't go through life without at some piont fucking oup over something and losing cash or putting trust wehere it shouldn't be - you still with your fiance? If the answeres "yes" then life is goiod - be hap-pyu for that and put it down to leeon learnt

Cheese
01-08-2004, 01:14 AM
Landlords are the bane of my life (apart from my current one who is great) they are just in it for the money and have little care that the place they are renting is a home to someone. They don't give a flying feck about the laws that protect tenants, they always try to rip you off your deposit and they visit you unannounced. :angry:

I hope you do win dwight because my blood boils whenever I hear a story like yours. :angry:

internet.news
01-08-2004, 01:15 AM
BTW - TYou're rightg - it NEver ends - such is life :(

internet.news
01-08-2004, 01:20 AM
I had a landlord 9 yrs back who sold the place (block of flats) to someone else who then went on to give the keys to some buikllders to add fire doors - the first thing I knew I was being woken up one morning to the sound of drilling and then seeing 3 blokes in my living room fucking up my appartment

dwightfry
01-08-2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by samsamsamsam@7 January 2004 - 19:20
I had a landlord 9 yrs back who sold the place (block of flats) to someone else who then went on to give the keys to some buikllders to add fire doors - the first thing I knew I was being woken up one morning to the sound of drilling and then seeing 3 blokes in my living room fucking up my appartment
:frusty:

Mïcrösöül°V³
01-08-2004, 02:24 AM
if you live in the USA, more than likely, when you get to court, the judge will appoint a moderator for you and then you will go into a separate room, and the mod will try to work out the problem with both parties involved(i know, i did it too :P ) they say that usually you can come to an agreement, and if not, its back out into the courtroom, where you sit untill the judge calls your case, AGAIN! just make sure that if he is the one filing the lawsuit, that you SHOW UP TO THE HEARING, otherwise, your screwed.

Skillian
01-08-2004, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese@8 January 2004 - 00:14
Landlords are the bane of my life (apart from my current one who is great) they are just in it for the money and have little care that the place they are renting is a home to someone. They don't give a flying feck about the laws that protect tenants, they always try to rip you off your deposit and they visit you unannounced. :angry:

I hope you do win dwight because my blood boils whenever I hear a story like yours. :angry:
Exactly. I really hope you do win dwightfry, I know what it's like to have a scumbag landlord who'll try and charge you £50 for a day late payment but will happily not provide heating for months :angry:

googlebot
01-08-2004, 02:36 AM
Google once lived in rented accommodation but had to spank his landlord to death with AOL discs.

noname12
01-08-2004, 02:36 AM
Ummmm... yeah those landlords, only after the money :blink:

Cheese
01-08-2004, 02:42 AM
Arrgghh :angry:

I can feel my blood boiling again...There's so many laws that protect us from these scumbags but who the feck enforces them? You can't goto the police if a landlord is threatening you because they'll tell you it's a civil matter, so if you have a problem with a landlord you have to go to court...but that's not easy let me tell you...

So what happens most of the time is that landlords walk all over tenants and charge them for things they shouldn't, don't fix things, call around all the time to "just check on things"......aarrgghhh I hate landlords :angry: :angry: :angry: