PDA

View Full Version : Worms 3d File Is 62.4mb In Size?

Duracell Plus+++
01-08-2004, 01:54 PM
i just downloaded what said was worms 3D and it says that it is an iso file although it is showing only .exe extension.

when i goto the properties of the file there is 6 tabs, i cant seem to extract it, about a year ago i had a similar file but i cant remember how i resolved it although i did at the time.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanx

UPDATE= Just been lookin at the release on Emule and it is actually on 2 cds, so i dont know what i downloaded from Kazaa...... i wish kazaa had Emule quality and content. That would be so f******** COOL!!!

:rolleyes:

srosner
01-08-2004, 02:30 PM
To the best of my knowledge, an iso file would not be an .exe Be careful, It's a tarp!

Kk4S-HaVoK
01-08-2004, 04:44 PM
hi

my worms 3d was 2 cd's so if its of kazaa its prolly a fake

first of make sure it aint infected with a virus then rename it from exe to .iso then use something like daemon tools to mount it or win iso to extract it (thats if it is an iso) if they dont work then i dunno

hope this helps

mahammued786
01-08-2004, 04:49 PM
real rip is 81mb

cwctv
01-08-2004, 05:44 PM
That is correct on KaZaa it works out at 82.6 megs I know I have passed it around to alot of users now works great and expands to somewhere around 700 megs if I recall,haven't got it loaded now.
PMing you about a site to go and get it from stuff KaZaa you'll get it at a real fast speed too.

--Spam--
01-09-2004, 07:43 PM
How do they compress a file that much?

Mad Cat
01-09-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by --Spam--@9 January 2004 - 19:43
How do they compress a file that much?
I believe they mostly use a program called "UHARC."

I have no idea how it does it so much.

cwctv
01-09-2004, 11:50 PM
Your right Mad Cat its UHARC and I once had one that had a 15 meg to 1 ie a 90 meg file became 1350 knocked a big hole in my hard drive at the time.

http://www.dragoonhome.de/uharc_ov.htm

Mad Cat
01-09-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by cwctv@9 January 2004 - 23:50
Your right Mad Cat its UHARC and I once had one that had a 15 meg to 1 ie a 90 meg file became 1350 knocked a big hole in my hard drive at the time.

http://www.dragoonhome.de/uharc_ov.htm
Its a pretty damn powerful program in the right hands.

Peerzy
01-10-2004, 12:47 AM
um okay kinda off topic but. i went to that website that cwctv gave me ages ago (thnx for that btw) and i download all of the files for worms and i click extract here on the file that ended with .01 and it wa sokay i read all the .nfo and everything and clicked the myth installer selected my directory path and it sed it couldnt open the file whateveritwascalled.00 and i didnt get one of those. i went back to the site and there wasnt one of thoose files to downl;oad. i tried to then get the class rip of hit and run. the same happened.

i think im just being unbelievably stupid so could some point out my cock up. :rolleyes:

thnx

Mad Cat
01-10-2004, 12:50 AM
You need to download every single file. They are probably 14.3 MB in size.

And its a.. 186 mb rip? 186/14 = about 13 files?

Peerzy
01-10-2004, 12:52 AM
im not THAT stupid :D

its a 82.4mb rip

there are 30 files going from:

mytw3d01.gif

up to

mytw3d30.gif

the reason there gif is cause i think its the only way the person could get them uploaded.

and hit and run is a 179mb rip

there are 65 files

going from:

clsshr01.gif
>>>
clsshr65.gif

Mad Cat
01-10-2004, 12:55 AM
Sorry, it is 80 mb you're right. I was thinking of an NFSU rip.

Well, a good piece of advice is not to trust warez sites. Did it come with a .sfv file? That will tell you the exact filenames you should rename them to.

Peerzy
01-10-2004, 01:01 AM
its not a warez site that is hosting these files. its a normal site that is hosting them using anti leech and thats why they had to b named .gif. can i give the website to it but without directly linking it. i cant remember what the rules say? :huh:

cwctv PMed me the site giving me instrutions and i followed them perfectly but i still get that thing. i must b missing something.

(btw he PMed me the instructions ages ago so i have been trying that way the whole time)

EDIT: no nothing else apart from those 30 files i can extract those fine and i get the .nfo and the myth installer and a few things and thats where it goes wrong trhe myth installer looks for the file .00 which i cant find or get from the site.

i tried doing it manually but that didnt work either.

Mad Cat
01-10-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by peerzyboy@10 January 2004 - 01:01
its not a warez site that is hosting these files. its a normal site that is hosting them using anti leech and thats why they had to b named .gif. can i give the website to it but without directly linking it. i cant remember what the rules say? :huh:

cwctv PMed me the site giving me instrutions and i followed them perfectly but i still get that thing. i must b missing something.

(btw he PMed me the instructions ages ago so i have been trying that way the whole time)

EDIT: no nothing else apart from those 30 files i can extract those fine and i get the .nfo and the myth installer and a few things and thats where it goes wrong trhe myth installer looks for the file .00 which i cant find or get from the site.

i tried doing it manually but that didnt work either.
Are you really sure you have renamed them properly?

Like you said they were .gifs, you need to rename them as .001 or whatever they need to be.

Peerzy
01-10-2004, 01:09 AM
[Links to warez sites are not allowed]

all it says that i dont understand is

Simpsons Hit & Run (CLASS)
Files : 65
Total size : 179MB

[Download]
* Rename to .zip

and

Worms 3D (MYTH)
Files : 30
Total size : 82.4MB

[Download]
* Rename to .zip

that bit. do i hav to rename every file to .zip

but i thought they came as .01 usually rared but this in pic format but u cant open them but i can extract them okay.
just the myth installer dont find that one file and its needed cause it dont work otherwise.

Mad Cat
01-10-2004, 01:11 AM
If it says "rename to .zip" clearly in bold letters I think it will need to be renamed to .zip :rolleyes:

Peerzy
01-10-2004, 01:13 AM
yeah i put that in bold letters! :P

but do i rename everyfile to zip cause iv never seen a game with 30 different files all zipped. shouldnt they be .01 and .02 and stuff or just one giant zip?

why cant piracy b legal then i could call up sega and ask them why it aint working ;)

Mad Cat
01-10-2004, 01:19 AM
Rename them all to .zip!
Thats what it says. I really don't understand how you can put in bold the part that you haven't actually followed yet :P

Peerzy
01-10-2004, 01:22 AM
yeah well...i didnt understand it. its confusing. but to b honest hav u eva seen a myth game that came as 30 .gif files and u hav to rename all to .zip?

and a class game as well with hit and run!

i mean (8)whats wrong with the world mama, everybody acting like they aint got no mama's(8) :P

EDIT: and when i extract all those mo-foin' .gif fil;es the myth installer comes out fine and runs fine.

Peerzy
01-10-2004, 01:33 AM
nope didnt work. changed every little file to .zip that didnt work so i tried taking the zip and after b4 the number at the end (ie 01) i put the doot there so i tried stuff like mytw3d.01 that didnt work.

so any more ideas?

Mad Cat
01-10-2004, 01:38 AM
Try .000, .001, .002 etc.

cwctv
01-10-2004, 01:39 AM
Ok I can't install these at the moment but heres the readme from it.

1. Unzip.
2. Unace either manually or use our installer. If you unace manually
and see a Crack.ace, unpack that into your gamedir too.
3. Run Setup.bat to decompress gamefiles.
4. Start the game with Launcher.exe

Add to edit this sorry make a folder ie Worms3D drop the file(s) in there first now open Winrar go to the file(s) hit the "ace" one this in turn will open another which as all the folders and files in there highlight all of these and drop them into the same folder close Winrar.
Go to the folder now and hit the Setup.bat and away it should go.
Once done the game doesn't need to be loaded just hit the Launcher as it say's.

As for simpsons had no problems uncompressing the thing and loading it I just can't get it to run now that thing opens to about 1.3gig. :blink:

Peerzy
01-10-2004, 02:33 AM
well for all you u ppl who were woried i wouldnt b able to play then :P i got them to work! i was board to i played a game see how fast i could re-name them all .rar n e way i just extracted after i had changed them to rar and did the myth installer and it worked!

so yay. im going to do simpson's 2 moro (its nearly 2 here in UK)

--Spam--
01-10-2004, 03:18 AM
Rename the first file to .zip
next one .z01
next .z02
And so on
Then open with WinZip

That's how WinZip spans ZIP files.

edit: You got it to work