PDA

View Full Version : Suprise In Local Music Shop!

internet.news
01-08-2004, 09:53 PM
I went to a local CD store some time ago and there was something new:
No, no, RIAA Agent controling...

There was a PC standing there, were you search through CDs and listen to
the Music, but you only here the first few seconds of the music.

But anyway: a great progress!!! But the best would be - in many CD stores there
are CD Players you can listen fully to a CD ;)

Skillian
01-08-2004, 09:59 PM
Do you not have listening posts? We have them in most stores in England where you can listen to any CD you like.

CrumbCat
01-08-2004, 10:21 PM
We have CD shops here (California) which will open any CD in the store and let you listen to it - that's right, walk up to the front counter and give them the CD you want to hear, and they will open it and place it in a player, hand you a set of headphones and you can listen until your heart is content.

I've seen the same thing in Europe and in South America.

CC

Edit: By the way, what does Nuremberg have to do with this topic - is that where you live? Great place - I've been there many times - how I miss the ChistKindlesMarket and a nice Brat......oh yes, and some Gluwine!

Skillian
01-08-2004, 10:28 PM
Yeah, that's like the listening posts here. They normally only have 8 or so albums on the post at one time, but if you ask at the counter they'll put on anything you like if they.ve got it.

However, when I used to work in record shops we used to get regulars who'd ask you to put on about 5 albums, hog the post listening to them for two hours and then buy nothing. They'd do this every day if you let them... :music1:

Benno
01-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by CrumbCat@8 January 2004 - 22:21
We have CD shops here (California) which will open any CD in the store and let you listen to it - that's right, walk up to the front counter and give them the CD you want to hear, and they will open it and place it in a player, hand you a set of headphones and you can listen until your heart is content.

I've seen the same thing in Europe and in South America.

CC

Edit: By the way, what does Nuremberg have to do with this topic - is that where you live? Great place - I've been there many times - how I miss the ChistKindlesMarket and a nice Brat......oh yes, and some Gluwine!
Yeah we have the same thing in Austria, you just take the csds you want and you can listen to them as long as you want

btw CC nothing beats the Christkindelmarkt in Vienna, have you been there too? :P

CrumbCat
01-08-2004, 11:26 PM
Unfortunately no, Benno, I have not been there........but it is on my list of places to see / visit.

How is the Bratwurst there? :P

CC

Mad Cat
01-08-2004, 11:50 PM
I've seen them when I went over to America. In record stores they have a little touchscreen PC and you can select any album in the shop and listen to it on a pair of headphones.

Storm
01-09-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by CrumbCat@8 January 2004 - 23:21

uhmmmm............. yeah............... dunno if its a big deal, but here (Holland) weve had that since we have cd stores............

Alucard1475
01-09-2004, 01:17 PM
That's all tooooooo old peeps :frusty:

Benno
01-09-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by CrumbCat@8 January 2004 - 23:26
How is the Bratwurst there? :P

CC
Its the best :D

though i dont know the one from Nuremberg :unsure:

Cloud.
01-10-2004, 07:54 AM
Internet News Posts always confuse me

they make me think

Mïcrösöül°V³
01-10-2004, 08:33 AM
i have kazaa lite and bittorrent, so i can listen to any album i want from my house. :P

sparsely
01-10-2004, 08:40 AM
If I go to a local music shop that actually has any of the CDs I go in looking for, I'm pretty fucking impressed.
Rarely ever happens though....
<_<

Nimdock
01-10-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Sparsely@10 January 2004 - 03:40
If I go to a local music shop that actually has any of the CDs I go in looking for, I&#39;m pretty fucking impressed.
<_<
Touché :lol:

Benno
01-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Sparsely@10 January 2004 - 08:40
If I go to a local music shop that actually has any of the CDs I go in looking for, I&#39;m pretty fucking impressed.
<_<
You just need the right shops :P

sparsely
01-10-2004, 07:14 PM
http://pluto.imagemagician.com/images/sparsely/truedat.gif

but it&#39;s not gonna happen here...
rural east texas :rolleyes: