PDA

View Full Version : I Downloaded 1.2 Gb But Uploaded 3.9 Gb...

newteech
01-08-2004, 09:57 PM
ok i admit im an extreme bit torrent newb here....

i understand the whole idea is get rid of the leechers...
but should i have to upload more than 3 times the file size??

I have a smokin fast cable connection and I still cant get any kind of speed. My uploads have been avg around 12K while the downloads are lucky to get to 6k

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

dragon_son
01-08-2004, 10:02 PM
dont like it then get a shadows client
http://home.elp.rr.com/tur/
set to dial uo isdn and it should go ffaster

just make sure that when you finish the dl to keep it open for a while so that others can get it too

vegasguy
01-08-2004, 10:02 PM
Hi,

It good to seed at least twice the amount that you downloaded, however, I on the same file, can upload 5times more then what ive downloaded, but that is due to me not being home and my pc running, I home for about 9hours a day, to sleep, shower, and the net,

if it just happen liked that, its ok, but it is not necessary, unless you are the only seed,

Mobas
01-08-2004, 10:24 PM
*deleted post*

NotoriousBIC
01-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Yesterday I uploaded 5,5 GB of a 550 MB file.
Share the Files!!!

Xero Grid
01-10-2004, 01:58 AM
You can download if people don't upload! Just think about it... the only reason you can ever get a file is because someone has the same setup. Bit Torrent is meant to keep sharing up, so DL speed is proportional to UL speed. Keep your windows open. Someone had to do it for you to get the file in the first place.

-- Xero Grid --

kenny g
01-11-2004, 09:14 AM
The highest share ratio I reached before I got the file was 13.85 when I got Gangster No.1 a while back . The seed stopped for around 281 peers when were at 87% and did not come back for a couple of days. Total nightmare. M

The Reverand
01-11-2004, 12:34 PM
Dude, don't close the box just because you've uploaded more than you've downloaded... the guy you were uploading to wasn't leeching, he was just getting his file like you were. I always upload more than I download, but I know for every MB I upload that person has also uploaded. It's what keeps the system running. Of course once you've uploaded at least double what you've downloaded then it's fair to close. But don't close it straight away, or you'll be the leecher.

DVD PIRATE III
01-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Mobas@9 January 2004 - 11:24
Oh well, I just ain't going to leave my window open when I'm done. I think I've done more then my fare share.
:angry: leech alert!!
We got a leech amongst us..kick his ass to the curb :angry:

Mobas
01-11-2004, 06:23 PM
*deleted post*

james_bond_rulez
01-11-2004, 07:29 PM
it's not about what's fair what's not

you take from the great river and the great river taketh from u

This is what file sharing is all about it's not about you dl'ed more or u ul'ed more

DVD PIRATE III
01-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Mobas@12 January 2004 - 07:23
Actually the real leeches on Bittorrent are the ones that use the Dialup/isdn trick (I obviously didn't), and they take more then what they give, and don't even bother to reseed afterwords. The worst part about that is that some of them have really fast connections (T1 or better), and can spare the upload bandwidth... but don't. :(
I use that same trick myself if the truth be told, as it sometimes lags out my download speed if i leave everything on "unlimited".But I always make sure that after my torrents finished downloading that I turn it back to "unlimited" so that the speed increases for the rest of the peers.

ZaZu
01-13-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III@11 January 2004 - 16:47
I use that same trick myself if the truth be told, as it sometimes lags out my download speed if i leave everything on "unlimited".But I always make sure that after my torrents finished downloading that I turn it back to "unlimited" so that the speed increases for the rest of the peers.
The speed would increase for the rest of the peers all the while your on the torrent if yuo did not use the "trick" <_<

j4y3m
01-13-2004, 04:40 PM
But You Wouldnt Get The File. You Download At 70KB/s And Get The File In 2 Hours Then For The 6 Hour It Wouldve Took If You Didn&#39;t Use The Trick You Can Upload At Full Speed While You Watch Your Newly Downloaded Movie...It&#39;s Perfectly Fair

StyleWarz
01-13-2004, 04:41 PM
Just share m8... If you don&#39;t upload others can&#39;t download and so on... If they don&#39;t share, you can&#39;t download.... So please keep uploading... It&#39;s best for everybody... :)