PDA

View Full Version : Sheraza D/l Speed

jackc
01-10-2004, 05:49 PM
Although I admire Raza's rich interface plus its file availability and quality, I am starting to become somewhat frustrated by its pathetic D/L speed. I think it is crazy seeing people uploading from me utilizing my total U/L bandwidth (128 Kbps) when I struggle to exceed 2-3 KB/s in my D/Ls!!! (For the record, my D/L ADSL speed is 384 Kbps, i.e. 48 KB/s). It is even more frustrating when I see K-Lite D/Ls getting double digit KB speeds with ease. :frusty:

I wonder what might be the problem. I know that in principle Raza is much slower than K-Lite, but man, this is ridiculous! Is it something wrong with my settings? (I am using the default settings proposed by Raza for my modem speed). A friend of mine suggested that in the Settings->Upload->Bandwidth Limit I shouldn't use MAX KB/s and AVERAGE MODE, but try a lower figure instead; he said he did so and he saw improvement in his D/L speed. To me it looks weird, but to tell you the truth, in K-Lite (which D/Ls faster) I have indeed a smalled U/L limit which might be a eason for the discrepancy...

Any other suggestions for speeding up? Help will be greatly appreciated!

jackc

P.S. To those who wonder, I AM NOT BEHIND A FIREWALL! :D

aserty
01-10-2004, 06:05 PM
If you upload with all of your bandwidth, you won't be able to download. Try setting your upload speeds a little lower.

jackc
01-10-2004, 07:03 PM
So, that was really the prob then?

jackc
01-10-2004, 07:33 PM
Well, i tried it but nothing really happened. :( Any other ideas?

BTW, what kind of speeds do u ppl get? Does anybody get 15+ KB/s here? (Something I haven't even dreamt of, yet)... :unsure:

grunt
01-10-2004, 08:52 PM
It is quite strange, I have the opposite problem. Kazaa Lite seems dead (except uploads, obviously) and Shareazza downloads, wery often, at 15-25 KB/s, sometimes more. Why?

Cyril
01-10-2004, 09:44 PM
Firstly your upload speed should not affect your download speed, however your upload bandwidth should be restricted to no more than 80% of your total upload bandwidth. Regarding your download speed I doubt there is much you can do about that, other than try aa different p2p application. Currently I recommend Overnet (see the Emule forum for details).

aserty
01-10-2004, 10:12 PM
Isn't there an Overnet-lite?

jackc
01-11-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by grunt+10 January 2004 - 20:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grunt &#064; 10 January 2004 - 20:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>It is quite strange, I have the opposite problem. Kazaa Lite seems dead (except uploads, obviously) and Shareazza downloads, wery often, at 15-25 KB/s, sometimes more. Why? [/b]

OK, now I got puzzled... :huh:

<!--QuoteBegin-cyril
Regarding your download speed I doubt there is much you can do about that, other than try aa different p2p application. Currently I recommend Overnet (see the Emule forum for details). [/quote]
So you mean that most people d/l at this snail speed of mine, in Raza? But grunt said that he hits 15+... :blink:

Any ideas regarding the average speed that a typical Raza user gets (provided he has at least a DSL connection, of course)? Because if the avg speed is really below 5 KB/s, then the program is crap. But I do not want to condemn it before I definitely know about what is actually happening with the speed issue.

tree_for
01-11-2004, 10:43 AM
same here, infact even worse...
I&#39;m queued in the Edonkey 2000 network forever..
When queue number reaches 1 I eagerly wait..
then suddenly the user goes away, and then I get a queue number.. like 4 digits...
this is really crazy..
I&#39;m downloading for a while and then stop for a hour queue again..

I&#39;m trying to blame the software letting u all know whats hapenning with raza...