PDA

View Full Version : Image On T.v

creamer
01-10-2004, 10:46 PM
UP TO NOW THERE ISENT A GAME OR VID ECT THAT IVE COME ACROSS THAT I CANT PLAY, ITS JUST A PAIN IN THE ARSE USING A SMALL MONITER ALL THE TIME.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THERE IS ANY WAY OF GETTING THE IMAGES ON TO MY BIG SCREEN T.V, WITHOUT A GRAPHICS CARD. :D

Virtualbody1234
01-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Don't type in capital letters. It's considered yelling.

What Graphics card do you have in your system?

Mr. Elmo
01-10-2004, 10:52 PM
well, first thing you could do is not to piss ppl off by typing in CAPS

you cant get any image in the first place without a gfx card.

and if your card is so powerful that you have yet come across a game that you cant play, im sure it has a video output.

if not, get yourself a tv tuner card.

EDIT: damn it, vb beat be to it

Virtualbody1234
01-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@10 January 2004 - 16:52
Sorry about that. :lol:

3RA1N1AC
01-10-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@10 January 2004 - 14:52
as far as i know, tuner cards are input-only. tv-out is a feature of graphics cards...

... or of mpeg-decoder cards. such cards have pretty much gone out of fashion because Nvidia and ATI integrated hardware mpeg-decoding onto their cards and CPUs are now plenty fast enough to decode mpegs in software. but if you're willing to install an mpeg-decoder card that you really have no use for, a lot of them do include tv-out.

Mr. Elmo
01-10-2004, 11:21 PM
there are a few card that has output capabilities, found a couple on newegg

3RA1N1AC
01-10-2004, 11:31 PM
if so, then my mistake. ;)

creamer
01-11-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@10 January 2004 - 22:52
well, first thing you could do is not to piss ppl off by typing in CAPS

you cant get any image in the first place without a gfx card.

and if your card is so powerful that you have yet come across a game that you cant play, im sure it has a video output.

soz 4 writing in caps :D

ive gor a graph card on my motherboard, its a compaq and its pretty good, fast and shit. i dont know if there is a name 4 the graph card if its comes standard with the comp. but there is nothing on the back i can see for this.

my original question was is there anyway round this, ie through the usb and being coverted ect :blink:

creamer
01-11-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@10 January 2004 - 23:21
there are a few card that has output capabilities, found a couple on newegg
most graphics cards that u buy seperate ti slot into ur p.c have outputs dont they :blink:

Mr. Elmo
01-11-2004, 01:22 AM
yes, and by the sound of things, u seem to have a onboard vid card....i dont know hwat games you been playign so far, but onboard gfx card is certainly not able to do what you said.
A GAME OR VID ECT THAT IVE COME ACROSS THAT I CANT PLAY

maybe you have a seperate gfx card.

look in te back where your monitor is pluged in, is there another s-video port or a rca video port?

btw, whats your compaq model number?

creamer
01-11-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@11 January 2004 - 01:22
yes, and by the sound of things, u seem to have a onboard vid card....i dont know hwat games you been playign so far, but onboard gfx card is certainly not able to do what you said.
A GAME OR VID ECT THAT IVE COME ACROSS THAT I CANT PLAY

maybe you have a seperate gfx card.

look in te back where your monitor is pluged in, is there another s-video port or a rca video port?

btw, whats your compaq model number?
ive been playing ps1 games and they run sweet as.

there is 2 connections in the back what i dont know of

10101 a and 10101b im gussing theses have fuck all to do with it.

i dont need the power of a graphics card, just need a way to network the images to my t.v and with the sounds of it, its not possible

Virtualbody1234
01-11-2004, 01:47 AM
Right click on your desktop and click 'Properties', click the Settings>Advanced>Adaptor. Your display adaptor information should be shown there.

Again...
btw, whats your compaq model number? :angry:

creamer
01-11-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@11 January 2004 - 01:47
Right click on your desktop and click 'Properties', click the Settings>Advanced>Adaptor. Your display adaptor information should be shown there.

Again...
soz about this but i dont know how to get the modle number.

is there a way to get it off my computer by any chance <_<

creamer
01-11-2004, 02:02 AM
Right click on your desktop and click &#39;Properties&#39;, click the Settings>Advanced>Adaptor. Your display adaptor information should be shown there.

Again...
oh yeah and its says its, intel&reg;82845g/gl/ge/pe/gv graphics controller............what the fuck :blink:

cwctv
01-11-2004, 02:08 AM
Being a Compaq they normally put a sticker either at the back or underneath the case.

Mr. Elmo
01-11-2004, 02:10 AM

WWWTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFF??????????????????

what i do?

ntelŪ82845g/gl/ge/pe/gv graphics controller thats an intergrated gfx card.....and im pretty sure your board doesnt have an agp slot

cwctv
01-11-2004, 02:13 AM
I think you will be surprised most 815/845 chipsets came with an agp slot.

Virtualbody1234
01-11-2004, 02:14 AM
@creamer, there is no need to make 2 posts when you reply.

If you need to add more information after you have posted, please use http://klboard.ath.cx/style_images/1/p_edit.gif.

creamer
01-11-2004, 02:31 AM
Right click on your desktop and click &#39;Properties&#39;, click the Settings>Advanced>Adaptor. Your display adaptor information should be shown there.

Again...
seems to b n119

Evil Gemini
01-11-2004, 04:00 AM
What ever happened to just checking in device manager or display properties :P

Mr. Elmo
01-11-2004, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Evil Gemini@11 January 2004 - 04:00
What ever happened to just checking in device manager or display properties&nbsp; :P what ever happen to reading b4 you post.

_John_Lennon_
01-11-2004, 04:46 AM
*Has been googling for the past 15 mins for you creamer.

Now, here is the thing, in my opinion, the best option would be to just get a video card, (even the cheap ones) so you have something like an S-Video output, because alot of TV&#39;s now have that, and it would just be a simple s video to s video cable, and those are pretty cheap.

But, we need a VGA, to s video, or probably just an RCA because all TVs usually have those.

Now with that in mind, that means this. You have to do converting, which means a chip in the cable, which means more money.

Cheapest onestop answer I found,

http://store.yahoo.com/ruby-electronics/aitechwebcable.html

29 bucks, and like 6 shipping I believe.

It will do what you need to do.

Btw, there is a cheaper option, but it only has female RCA ouputs, so you would need a Male RCA to RCA male cable to complete everything. So if you have one of those just tell me, but if you dont, it will just cost most to buy one.

creamer
01-12-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@11 January 2004 - 04:46
*Has been googling for the past 15 mins for you creamer.

Now, here is the thing, in my opinion, the best option would be to just get a video card, (even the cheap ones) so you have something like an S-Video output, because alot of TV&#39;s now have that, and it would just be a simple s video to s video cable, and those are pretty cheap.

But, we need a VGA, to s video, or probably just an RCA because all TVs usually have those.

Now with that in mind, that means this. You have to do converting, which means a chip in the cable, which means more money.

Cheapest onestop answer I found,

http://store.yahoo.com/ruby-electronics/aitechwebcable.html

29 bucks, and like 6 shipping I believe.

It will do what you need to do.

Btw, there is a cheaper option, but it only has female RCA ouputs, so you would need a Male RCA to RCA male cable to complete everything. So if you have one of those just tell me, but if you dont, it will just cost most to buy one.
cheers ill have a look into it :D