PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Users

100%
01-11-2004, 11:26 AM
I have seen 3 different makes of laptops which are more than a year old sometimes overheating
or that the Fan is buzzing Alot stronger than it did in the begining.

This is probably because of the dust build up in the vents.

This trick seriously solved the problem
either get a can of compressed air or a vacuum cleaner and push or pull out the dust from all the vents.
with the compressed air you will seriously see alot of dust pushed out.

It worked on all three laptops

angel_of_death57
01-11-2004, 02:48 PM
Does this work with Playstarion 2's and PC's at all

james_bond_rulez
01-11-2004, 02:53 PM
yeah and if ur too cheap to buy those air cans u can blow it with ur mouth. but be careful u'll often get a noseful of dust :lol:

speaking from personal experience :lol:

Mad Cat
01-11-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@11 January 2004 - 14:53
yeah and if ur too cheap to buy those air cans u can blow it with ur mouth. but be careful u'll often get a noseful of dust :lol:

speaking from personal experience :lol:
:lol: :lol:

I've done that too...

100%
01-11-2004, 02:57 PM
Does this work with Playstarion 2's and PC's at all

for sure - but pcs are easier you just open them up

maintenance is important - like wiping your ass after going to the toilet.

BILLY-THE-FISH
01-11-2004, 03:30 PM
funny enough I just opened my comp. for first time (in 6 months from new)
to do the very same!
I used a plastic vacumn cleaner head and made sure I did'nt touch too much!
It was sooo dusty it was unbelieveble!!
i think everyone should do this at least every 3-6 months!
JUST BE CAREFUL NOT TO TOUCH TOO MUCH BECASUE OF STATIC!
make sure you touch a radiator first or something and DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING IF IT'S ON!!!

Tormentor
01-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by BILLY-THE-FISH@11 January 2004 - 08:30
to do the very same!
I used a plastic vacumn cleaner head and made sure I did'nt touch too much!
It was sooo dusty it was unbelieveble!!
i think everyone should do this at least every 3-6 months!
JUST BE CAREFUL NOT TO TOUCH TOO MUCH BECASUE OF STATIC!
make sure you touch a radiator first or something and DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING IF IT'S ON!!!
I dont understand all that shit people tell you about wearing special gloves, ground yourself and all that shit before touching the inside of your pc. I leave my case open all the time when im using it and i always touch stuff when its on with no problems. like fiddle with stuff or check how hot the heatsink is.

bob_the_alien
01-11-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Tormentor@11 January 2004 - 15:22
I dont understand all that shit people tell you about wearing special gloves, ground yourself and all that shit before touching the inside of your pc. I leave my case open all the time when im using it and i always touch stuff when its on with no problems. like fiddle with stuff or check how hot the heatsink is.
You can damage the boards inside your pc withe static electricity, its not a joke.
However, most people seem to make it a bigger deal then it really is, just touch the metal on the case before touching anything inside the pc, and you will be just fine.

Tormentor
01-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by bob_the_alien+11 January 2004 - 14:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bob_the_alien @ 11 January 2004 - 14:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tormentor@11 January 2004 - 15:22
You can damage the boards inside your pc withe static electricity, its not a joke.
However, most people seem to make it a bigger deal then it really is, just touch the metal on the case before touching anything inside the pc, and you will be just fine. [/b][/quote]
Maybe thats why nothin has happened, when ever i touch somthin i put my hand on my case for support. Glad i didnt have to find out the hardway. And ya alot of people make a huge deal out of it, gets a little annoying.

BILLY-THE-FISH
01-11-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Tormentor+11 January 2004 - 20:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tormentor @ 11 January 2004 - 20:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BILLY&#045;THE&#045;FISH@11 January 2004 - 08:30
to do the very same&#33;
I used a plastic vacumn cleaner head and made sure I did&#39;nt touch too much&#33;
It was sooo dusty it was unbelieveble&#33;&#33;
i think everyone should do this at least every 3-6 months&#33;
JUST BE CAREFUL NOT TO TOUCH TOO MUCH BECASUE OF STATIC&#33;
make sure you touch a radiator first or something and DON&#39;T TOUCH ANYTHING IF IT&#39;S ON&#33;&#33;&#33;
I dont understand all that shit people tell you about wearing special gloves, ground yourself and all that shit before touching the inside of your pc. I leave my case open all the time when im using it and i always touch stuff when its on with no problems. like fiddle with stuff or check how hot the heatsink is. [/b][/quote]
I would&#39;nt advise people to go touching inside there case while it&#39;s on though&#33;&#33;

Just be careful and make sure you touch metal first&#33;

SciManAl
01-12-2004, 12:07 AM
damn i wonder how many watts of staic it would take to damage it... i don&#39;t know about you, but i would think that simply not rubbing your feet on carpets or rugges for 10 minutes and then touching your rig... lol
:P

yeah static can hurt, but only when you overload a circut with it... that does however require some extreme static... (i wonder if i could have a gerbil inside my pc in a wheel that rubbed against the side of the case and generated staic power... hmm... i will have to make that my newest thing... brb poeple gonna make things happen :P :lol: hehehehe yeah ground yourself and go in... it is harder though for those poeple with acrylic cases, nothing to ground on... also nothing for electricity to travel on... witch is nice lol... :D

bob_the_alien
01-12-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by BILLY&#045;THE&#045;FISH@11 January 2004 - 17:38
I would&#39;nt advise people to go touching inside there case while it&#39;s on though&#33;&#33;

Just be careful and make sure you touch metal first&#33;
Yeah, that&#39;s true, you should turn it off before doing anything inside the pc, if for nothing else, you never know, when your doing something you may fry yourself :lol:

100%
01-12-2004, 04:15 PM
QUOTE (BILLY-THE-FISH @ 11 January 2004 - 17:38)

Just be careful and make sure you touch metal first&#33;&nbsp;

Yeah, that&#39;s true, you should turn it off before doing anything inside the pc, if for nothing else, you never know, when your doing something you may fry yourself&nbsp;

That also applies to taking into the bath with you - for a real clean up

BILLY-THE-FISH
01-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Zedaxax@12 January 2004 - 15:15

That also applies to taking into the bath with you - for a real clean up
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: