PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Beta Testers - Apply Now

7thElement
01-11-2004, 04:36 PM
We are looking for a few (around 25) beta testers for a new file sharing software. If you are interested to help us please post a message and explain why you think that we should pick you.

Requirements

- Member Rank (3 Stars)
- We need to know your OS
- How much time do you spend online
- Why do you want to become a beta tester (details)
- Did you help to test other software ?
- Do you run a website ? (if yes: what kind of content?)

Please do not spam or post questions here.

This topic is for applications only.

Selected beta testers will have access to a hidden beta test forum to communicate with each other.

Marc

Lite
01-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Requirements

- Member Rank (3 Stars) - I got
- We need to know your OS - Windows XP SP1, Windows 2000 Pro Sp3, Win 2k3 Server
- How much time do you spend online - 4+ hours a day
- Why do you want to become a beta tester (details) - I think i should be selected as i already test alot of BETA's and have a pretty good knowledge of apps and do some developement my self.
- Did you help to test other software ? - Yes, I currently am testing eWall (a program similar to peer guardian, but runs at driver level)
- Do you run a website ? (if yes: what kind of content?) - No, but have a decent knowledge of HTML

Edited after reading Illuminati's post

*Please do not edit this post as I use my "edited by" to verify testers

infamousalbo101
01-11-2004, 05:56 PM
I will be second

1. Windows 2000 sp4

2. 8-10 hours a day on the computer

3. I want to become a "Beta Tester" because I have alot of knowlage of p2p and programming I used to work with the mappers of Counter-strike:Coundtion Zero
Until we got fired because valve was bought. I will test the prgram extensivly all day long I will give you feed back and any known bugs on it. I will not distribute this beta.I really want to because a beta tester because i always want to help out the p2p community and the k-lite forum.

4.I use to beta test a few games and programs Games-Half-life, Counter-strike, Cs:Cz, Unreal 2. Programs-Winamp.

5. I use to run quite a few warez sites and forum but i slowy been trying to get myself out of the loop because I have other things to worry about so I sold most of my forum and sites.

6.Yes i have 3 start and in a few more posts I will have 5 Plus I've been on this board for a long time and i would be glad to help you anyway possible

Sincerely,
IzZy

chinook_apache
01-11-2004, 06:42 PM
Hey.
I am applying to be a beta tester and i have the following reasons why i should:

Firstly i am 3 star member and i post most of my posts in Softwareworld.

My OS is currently Windows XP Professional SP1a. i also run two other pc's which have windows 2003 server and one which is testing windows xp professional SP2.

I spend about 4 hours a day on the internet a day. sometimes can be less.

i would liket o become a beta test to test ut new software and give my views on any errors in any program

i have only helped out to test windows sp2

i have started on websites in the last 2 weeks...i had planned at the end of november but i have been very ill for a month and i am back up now to start websites.

Samurai
01-11-2004, 06:58 PM
Operating System:
Windows XP Home Edition SP1, AMD Athlon 3000+

Member Rank:
3 Stars

Time Spent Online:
I work from home, so easily 8-10 hours

Why Do I Want To Become A Tester:
I enjoy beta testing several programs currently in use, and forward all pros and cons to the dev's aon a regular and routine basis.

Did I Help Test Other Software:
Yes, several mods for PC games, such as Desert Combat, Eve Of Destruction and also PC software such as Winamp, Damn NFO Viewer & TagScanner.

Do I Run A Website:
Yes. My squad, Illuminati Gaming Network play several online games, and I am one of 2 administrators for the Battlefield 1942 (http://www.i3hq.com/1942/) section.

Samurai

namzuf9
01-11-2004, 07:29 PM
Windows XP SP1. (AMD 1800XP, 256 SDRAM)

Member Rank:
3 star.

Time spent online:
3-4 hours weekday evenings (GMT), normally connected (downloading) from 18:00 till 06:30.

Why do I want to become a tester?
I enjoy using many P2P apps and have pretty much tried everyone out there. Unfortunately I dont have any programming knowledge but I do have an eye for detail when it comes to the usability (ease of use, GUI etc.) of applications.

Did I help test other software:
No

Do I run a website?
I'm currently in the process of designing a WAPsite.
Content: Fansite and J2ME apps/games.

nostalgia
01-11-2004, 07:39 PM
No offence, but all the people volunteering use XP or W2k
I think this program should also be tested on the 98/Me machines.

Illuminati
01-11-2004, 07:55 PM
My squad, Illuminati Gaming Network

That a coincidence or you trying to kiss ass? :lol: :P (j/k ;))

I have to admit that so far, there isn't as many applying as was originally thought would :wacko: Just in case it wasn't clear before, you don't need to be the best beta tester in the world to join up, or even a credited beta tester. What is looked for is those who can spot things that shouldn't be there and can form an opinion on how the program can be improved.

If you think that the damn ClipIt assistant in Microsoft Office is bloody annoying, or that Kazaa could have improved the way it made sure its files were quality, you have all practically of the qualities that are asked in SwapGate Beta Testers :)

So - Time to explain the qualities to get more people involved :)

Member Rank (3 Stars)

The reason that normal Members was wanted is because what is looked for is those who have some experience of P2P but not enough to classify them as P2P gurus.

However, there is a slim chance that there can be some exceptions made for one/five-star members if they're too good to pass. True, this will be very few (we're talking about 1-4 each side), but Junior or Senior members can apply and still join the team. :)

So no-one's currently unable to apply :)

We need to know your OS

There's a good reason for this - Currently, SwapGate will work for any Windows which is 98 or up. This means that it supports Win98/ME/2000/XP. Unfortunately, it kinda strikes Linux & Mac users out :( But there is a way around it :)

If you have more than one computer and/or run more than one OS, and one of those OSs is Windows 98/up, feel free to apply. You could also add the extra OSs as well, as you could be able to help with tests involving compatibility for these currently unsupported OSs :) An example might be helping to use Linux's WINE to run SwapGate. If it works, you could help document how its done and might get credit in another way :D

How much time do you spend online

The more the better, but remember that spending time online and spending time using SwapGate are two different things. A person who uses their daily two hours helping testing is just as valuable as someone who spends only a quarter of 8 hours testing.

As this point, time spent online is only relevant to a point :) So feel free to apply, even if you're only on for a little bit every so often :)

Why do you want to become a beta tester (details)

The easiest mistake to do is at this point, as many beta tester applicants end up posting what they've done before and how they can help us (I've reviewed testing applications before, though I'm glad I'm not this time :lol:). The question isn't about what or how, but why.

A novel on why isn't needed. Neither are emotional stories. Having a blinding reason, unlike "****** of the Year" awards, isn't required. We're just interested in why you want to do it, no matter how normal or small it seems.

My reason was that I wanted to help a friend. Others just wanted to help the project out. Just give a reason, and make it honest - The chance of an application being rejected for its reason are remote if it's done honestly.

Did you help to test other software ?

It helps, but it isn't necessary to have done other beta tests before. This is mainly so you know what "beta testing" means, especially in the risks you take in using it. :helpsmile:

(My) Example - "Three years, I took part in a public beta-test for an online game known as Starpeace by Monte Cristo games." It isn't much but it's something, which is what is preferred :)

Do you run a website ? (if yes: what kind of content?)

This is a question of interest, but having a website isn't necessary to get in. Though if you do, we want to know what your site is for - Chances are that it might help SwapGate in the future (but don't make one for the sake of it ;))

If you have an URL to your site(s), that'll help :)

There we go - Hope that helps. And don't hesitate to apply if you want to - You lose nowt with a rejection after all :)

Dapadipz
01-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Requirements

- Member Rank (3 Stars) - :D Got That

- We need to know your OS - Windows XP W/O SP1

- How much time do you spend online - 6-7 Hours A Day On Average

- Why do you want to become a beta tester (details) - Because i would like help test for errors and be able to offer any help in improving a new great client :D

- Did you help to test other software ? - No :(

- Do you run a website ? (if yes: what kind of content?) Creating One Now (HTML) On Music

Samurai
01-11-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati@11 January 2004 - 18:55
practically have all of the qualities that are being asked in SwapGate Beta Testers :)
Ooh even my name suggestion has been chosen. I feel... I feel so proud :)

Benno
01-11-2004, 08:27 PM
So 5 star members are discriminated eh? :rolleyes:

However I have windows 98se

Dont know how many hours I spend online between 1 - 5

Why do I want to became a tester.... because I like this stupid time consuming board and would like to help out. And of couse because I'm a curious bastard and want to see what you've been breeding :P

I occasional use beta software and report bugs when I see them, though I havent really tested apps.

Errm I have a list of my movies only though somehow I have a feeling that you dont count that as website :P

Mr. Blunt
01-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Member Rank (3 Stars): Yeah, I got that.
We need to know your OS: Windows XP SP1
How much time do you spend online: 2+ Hours
Why do you want to become a beta tester (details): Want to help out the P2P community. We already had K-Lite taken away from us, we need something better for the people. I'm willing to use some of my time to test this program and make sure the P2P community will have a good experiance with it.
Did you help to test other software ?: No, this is the first time I'm applying for something like this.
Do you run a website ? (if yes: what kind of content?): Yes. I run a Kazaa Lite Website. It's doing really good for only it's second month online. I have some HTML skills. (Link (http://kliteinfo.freesites.ws))

imported_uncle_cracker
01-11-2004, 10:27 PM

online: 10 hours (maybe more on weekend :lol: )

why: i want to help and i want to be a part of it AND i loved klitek++ :-)

other: yes (software for education, e-learning for IT)

websites: yes (contents: html, css, javascript, flash)

hope to see you :D

oh ... i forgot: i got my stars :D :D :D

uncle_cracker

clocker
01-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Stars- yes

OS XP Pro-SP1

Time spent online- variable, depending on interest, usually 4+ hrs/day

Why be a beta tester? 1) I'm bored with working on my PC, would like to work with it. 2) Sounds like an interesting process and when K-Lite was new to me I was a DLing fiend.

Any beta testing experience- Well, I run Windows, does that count? I was also a beta tester for AOL Blue Hawaii (now AOL 9.0)

Do I run a website- No, but I know what I like.

hungrylilboy
01-11-2004, 11:21 PM
3 stars
windows xp sp1
9+ each day
I enjoy trying out new projects/programs and seeing how good they are. Then helping with constructive crit afterwards. And I am just dead nosey and like to see what others have come up with!
Running a few websites. Some sports based, some music based and one news based.

imported_uncle_cracker
01-12-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Benno@11 January 2004 - 21:27
So 5 star members are discriminated eh?  :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.saitenwind-live.de/banner/praise.gifhttp://www.saitenwind-live.de/banner/praise.gifhttp://www.saitenwind-live.de/banner/praise.gifhttp://www.saitenwind-live.de/banner/praise.gifhttp://www.saitenwind-live.de/banner/praise.gif

Illuminati
01-12-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Benno@11 January 2004 - 21:27
So 5 star members are discriminated eh? :rolleyes:
Well, yes and no :smilie4:

The intention is to have an even spread between all three levels of members (and mods ;)). A fear was that the beta testing team would fill up with practically all senior members, which would give the impression that the spaces were given as rewards to the amount of time spent on the board.

That is not the case - We're not looking for anyone who's the be-all and end-all of P2P gurus, because in the end that's likely to lead to trouble. What are looked for are regular users who know what they haven't liked in past P2P programs, and can see what should & shouldn't be there (in terms of bugs) and who are able to try out new features in respect to the program, not to anything else that might have tried the same but botched it (If you tried a flavour of ice cream for the first time in a shat shop, would you want to buy the same flavour in an ice cream parlour?)

Which is why I expanded on 7th when I said that Junior & Senior members applications are still taken. However, chances are that the majority of this wave will be regular members.

Doesn't mean that J & S Members won't get in though :shifty:

uNz[i]
01-12-2004, 11:41 AM
- Member Rank (3 Stars) - Yep :D
- We need to know your OS - XP Pro SP1
- How much time do you spend online - at least 5 hours/day, usually more though
- Why do you want to become a beta tester (details) - Because I'm a picky sod who likes finding fault. :lol:
- Did you help to test other software ? - Yes there have been a couple of small apps I've helped test:: KDP file sorter (aka Kazaa Downloads Placer), and Deep Impact, a resource calculator for an online game I was playing a couple of years ago.
- Do you run a website ? (if yes: what kind of content?) - Yes, I have a personal site I hand coded in Notepad. Nothing there of any interest to folks here though.
Just contains links for mates who live in my area and me waffling on about various stuff.

Edit: Oh yeah, I suppose I should also mention I'm on dialup.

vivitron 15
01-12-2004, 02:09 PM
- Member Rank (3 Stars)
Got that one....or i did last time i looked
XP Pro SP1 mainly...also XP Pro and can use VMware on 98se if necesary
varies a great deal - can give 1-2 hours per day to this project at my home pc; though spend time online at uni (2-3hrs per day)
nosey as hell for the new client, and ive tried most software and find fault-finding natural - a pedant i guess. Ive yet to find a flawless client/software, so this has great potential.
nope
just a home one - i have pretty good xhtml knowledge and am working on learning php right now, whenever i have time.

Spider_dude
01-12-2004, 03:57 PM
- Member Rank (3 Stars)
yes

yeah i use xp, i know it pretty well

pretty much 16 hours a day at the moment.

i am interested in helping out any way i can

no

i have a website with my music collection on it and also a forum.

thewizeard
01-12-2004, 04:53 PM
- Member Rank (3 Stars)=yes
- We need to know your OS =XP home edition
- How much time do you spend online 4-6 hours..computer is on 24/7
- Why do you want to become a beta tester (details)...If you use supernodes I would like to become one for swapgate, as I am voor k-lite...
- Did you help to test other software ?=no
- Do you run a website ? (if yes: what kind of content?)=no

Marius24
01-12-2004, 06:05 PM
- Member Rank (3 Stars)
5 stars
XP Home SP1
9+ hours a day
Never tried it before, it sounds like something that i could be good at and i have way too much free time on my hands :P
I didn't help but i have tried beta programs (Half life 2, counter strike, winamp)
I did, and am constructing a new one. It is mainly personal website with stuff for my friends

:01:

fkdup74
01-12-2004, 07:17 PM
what the hell? in for a penny, in for a pound :P
im applying if ya need/want me

rank
-got the rank

OS
-xp home sp1

time at the pc
-spend too much time at the pc :lol: (lots of free time :lol: ) maybe 30 hrs/week :o

why?
-consider myself an 'average joe' and would like to give feecback as one :)
plus, i actually like testing new stuff, especially p2p :w00t:
i mean, i hunt down warez and try em out for the fun of it :(
could be goin borderline geek :lol: but not a guru, sorry :P

ever tested before?
-heh, test warez all the time :lol: (not all betas though, but a couple of betas)
did an archiver review for SH, nothing big, but did it (and he hasnt even posted it yet :angry: ..... :P :lol: )

website?
-no site, no current need for one

ObiWan
01-12-2004, 07:31 PM
OS- xp pro sp1, RHL 9

time online - 3 hrs/day (56k)

why? - i am good with computers and try out new software all the time and have used widows for many years (since 3.1) and use K-lite, emule (orig + Kad ) and bit torrent. I also use Red Hat Linux 9 but i am still learning it.

ever tested before? - i have done some testing on the programs that ive made but they are only small and fairly simple programs

website? - no

GCNaddict
01-12-2004, 08:53 PM

OS: longhorn BETA v. 4051 PDC, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition

time online: 2-3 hours daily on a cruddy 56k

Why? well, it seems interesting, and i always like to find oppourtunities in life

ever tested b4? yes: the Longhorn Betas earlier than the PDC v. 4051 build

no website

woohoo im post # 25! i might actually get this job!

scribblec
01-12-2004, 08:58 PM
- Member Rank (3 Stars)
5 stars
XP Home SP1
5+ hours a day/512k broadband

id like to be a beta tester because i like testing loads of new programs and i am a veteren to p2p programs and been sharing since the napster days all the way through too bittorrent. also i have been here long enough to know how to give detailed analyses of programs and there weaknesses

and if u choose me i can help u very much because of my fast connection and very good knowledge of p2p :D

and no website :(

Keikan
01-13-2004, 12:28 AM
Job Application for: Keikan TypeS

Member Rank: Senior member 5 Stars

Operating System: Windows 2000 SP4

Time online: Weekdays + Sunday: 4hrs+ Friday and Saturday: 12+

Why do you want to become a beta tester?:
Want to see what beta testing is like, See new programs people make. I also would like to be part of a team and do something productive.

Did you help to test other software?
No.

Do you run a website?
No.

muchspl2
01-13-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by scribblec@14 January 2004 - 12:49
i wasnt aprroved :(

screw you :(

Infested Cats
01-13-2004, 06:29 AM
Member Rank (3 Stars)

I've been a member of this forum for over a year now, and I've sampled just about every P2P software (you name it, I probably gave it a whirl). I don't confine myself to just one sharing-application though. Each has it's strong and weak points. Anyway, I'd like to finally be able to give something back to the community, albeit it be a small contribution.

We need to know your OS

Windows XP SP1, across 3 computers.

How much time do you spend online

My personal computer is running 24/7, with at least one sharing-application running. I'm in front of the computer around 8+ hours/day (not consecutively... I'd have to re-evaluate my life if that were the case), give or take an hour or two.

Why do you want to become a beta tester (details)

Like I said before, considering I've been a member here for over a year now, I'd finally like to give something back the to community. Other than that, I'm interested in this new program, and am very anxious to see how it will turn out.

Not so much. I would usually download the latest beta of KLite or one of the codec packs, but that's about it. The only other beta testing experience I've had involved some mod for Half-Life that ended up falling-through in the final stages of development.

Do you run a website ? (if yes: what kind of content?)

I do have a website (http://www.infestedmusic.tk), but it hasn't been updated in some time, considering I don't use KLite too often anymore.

Thank you for considering my application.

j4y3m
01-13-2004, 03:50 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------
- Member Rank (3 Stars)
- Will 5 Do?
- Windows Xp Home Edition SP1
- 6+ Hours A Day
- To Help The Development Of This New P2P And To Give Something Back To The Filesharing Community Plus Like Above I'm Anxious About This Program Etc
- No, But I Do Always Download The Latest Beta's Of Programs And Give Some Feedback To The Developers
- I'll Be Making One Soon, It Will Probably Just Be A Personal Page For Stuff I'm Intrested In Though
What Do You Think? Too Cheesy? :P

dinner123
01-13-2004, 08:18 PM
Member Rank (3 Stars) - Ya
- We need to know your OS - Windows 98SE
- How much time do you spend online - 2/3 hours a day
- Why do you want to become a beta tester (details) - Just want to help
- Did you help to test other software ? - Yes,i beta testedDietK (http://www.dietk.com) 2.6 and 2 other DietK programs that have yet to be released.
- Do you run a website ? (if yes: what kind of content?) - No,but i am Global Mod on the DietK forums and have helped out alot of people there.

~FunK_mOb~
01-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Member rank---->3 stars

OS---->Windows XPpro SP1

Time online---->All day longI study at home so I have my computer connected to the internet all the time...'till 1-2 am.(Not during the weekend though 'cause I do nightshifts.)

Why?---->Want to help out in beta-testing the new p2psoftware.I got the time for it,and am more than willing to give all the feedback necessairy.

Help testing other beta-software?---->No

Website---->No

asmithz
01-13-2004, 09:50 PM
- 5 stars here

- XP Pro (sp1), Win98se, and Redhat Linux 9. I have others, if you need me to install and test on them.

- Don't goto school or work, i'd say 14 hours.

- Just want to help out, and see what it is. I have knowlage of software and the way it work. So feel i can give the imput that you want back. I have beta test before and had to do some surveys and imput for Sony. When i had a ps2 i would beta test there games. I have been here awhile and think that anything you guys make is important.

- Yes, I beta tested for some video games, and some software.

- Yes, k-lite and other KMD mods.

h1
01-13-2004, 10:34 PM
Application for: haxor41789
Member Rank: Member, 3 Stars
OS: Windows XP Professional, Windows 2000 Professional, SuSE 9.0 Professional
How much time do you spend online: 6 to 12 hours per day
Why do you want to become a beta tester: I want to see KL resurrected, only better.
Did you help to test other software: Yes, official testing for AgentX for Unreal Tournament, BoomBall for Unreal Tournament, Azure Sheep for Half-Life, and Desert Combat for Battlefield 1942. I have also played the Doom III alpha, and the Half-Life and Counter-Strike betas.
Do you run a website: Yes, asian pride

4play
01-13-2004, 10:43 PM
Member Rank (3 Stars)
i used to have 3 stars

linux suse 9.0 ,win xp sp1 and BeOS

about 8 - 12 hours a day.

i would like to help out since i like the community around here. plus it would probably be good experience for the uni course i am doing.

never before but i would like to try.

i used to run a personal website until my isp decided i used too much bandwidth <_<

Sparkle1984
01-13-2004, 11:37 PM
Hello, I would like to apply to become a Beta tester, as I believe I possess the qualifications required and would like to contribute to the development of a new program.

Member Rank - 5 Stars (achieved on 24 December)

OS - Windows XP Home, Service Pack 1, Version 5.1

Time spent online - about 4 hours a day, but varies depending on how much work I have to do.

Why I would like to become a Beta tester - I would like to help with the development of a new computer program which will help to improve people's lives. I am currently in my second year of studying for a university degree in Computing Science, and believe I possess the skills required to perform the job well. I am interested in peer-to-peer technology, and I think that this Beta testing work will also help me develop my skills further.

Have I helped to test other software - Yes, I am currently doing a Beta test on Skype (http://www.skype.com), which is a free program which enables people to do voice communications online, with people around the world who have an internet connection.

Do I run a website - Yes, I run a personal homepage which I designed and coded by myself. It contains various information about myself, a portfolio of my work, as well as online games, forums and links to other sites. You can view my CV (resume) on there if necessary.

I look forward to hearing from you and helping.

jakert50
01-14-2004, 04:28 AM
Application for: Jacob Thornberry

Member rank (3 stars): Requirement Met

Time online: 4 to 6 hours, varying on how much workload I have

Why I want to become a beta tester: I have always found any type of software interesting. Most of my friends refer to me as the "software guy." I am also enrolled in a Programmer/Analyst program at college and I think this type of activity can help both me in my studies, and others, as they will eventually use the program.

Did you help test other software: Yes, I have tested my own software and did preliminary testing for doodle&#39;s Configuration Wizard (for K++).

Do you run a website: I do run a website (http://www.intrepidstudios.net). The content is mostly programs I have created, but it is open to host other people&#39;s programs as well. If you choose to visit the site, I recommend you go right to the forums, as that is where most of the action takes place.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing back (or not) from you&#33;

~Jaker

internet.news
01-14-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by 7thElement@11 January 2004 - 17:36
We are looking for a few (around 25) beta testers for a new file sharing software. If you are interested to help us please post a message and explain why you think that we should pick you.

Requirements

- Member Rank (3 Stars)

Please do not spam or post questions here.

This topic is for applications only.

Selected beta testers will have access to a hidden beta test forum to communicate with each other.

Marc

Requirements

- Member Rank (3 Stars)

I think I have it.

Windows 98 (SE = Second Edition)

Although I am on Dialup I spend a lttile too much time online. Normally sundays I
am online as it free for me then.

On the one hand I don&#39;t want to feel so useless and would be glad if I could help you in developing some kind of Filesharing tool which is as same smart as Audiogalaxy before, means small, effective and fast. If I could
help you by testing and giving suggestions and info about bugs to you, I would be happy. K-Lite is and will never be bad for the moment, but if it would be smaller, maybe it would be a little faster. I try to be opened for all new kind of clients...

For the moment, not yet.

http://internet-news.gmxhome.de <-- On the main site it is still not finished, but
at http://internet-news.gmxhome.de/london - you will find my London images.

~nice dreams...

Askjeevesbot
01-14-2004, 05:44 PM
- 3stars
-windows xp (home)
-about 5 hours a day
- I want to become one because i like figureing out stuff i do it all the time also i can dedicate lots of time to it since i have little to do around here plus i feel this will help me learn about software in general plus i enjoy helping to create something
- I helped test aol 8.0 and chartwars (a simulation game)
- I have a website but its under construction.

scribblec
01-14-2004, 05:49 PM

GCNaddict
01-14-2004, 06:08 PM
dude&#33; he approves them at random until he has what he needs

ivy
01-14-2004, 07:39 PM
:blink:

ck-uk
01-14-2004, 08:06 PM
5 but you can have as many back if you like. :)

mostly xp sp1 or 2k

8+

Because i&#39;m interested in the internet,software & of course help out

yes

No

my answers esp&#39; are a little vague,but you can read throught my posts to get a idea of me.

Illuminati
01-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by scribblec@14 January 2004 - 18:49

LOL :D

7th is picking out applications randomly - Truth be told, he was still picking new testers out of the first two pages earlier :lol:

Relax if you don&#39;t get picked first time - Chances are that you&#39;ll be picked later and there&#39;s not really any benefit for being the first pick of the crop anyway :)

It&#39;s when 7th closes beta applications when you should get pissed off :P

Marius24
01-14-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by scribblec@14 January 2004 - 16:49

ditto <_<

scribblec
01-14-2004, 10:52 PM
lol ooooo i will be pissed

isnt that enough to make me a beta tester :(

GCNaddict
01-14-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by scribblec@14 January 2004 - 22:52
lol ooooo i will be pissed

isnt that enough to make me a beta tester :(
no

sArA
01-14-2004, 11:32 PM
Well, I would apply.......... (win xp home, online 1-4 hrs per day, cable connection, no experience, no web site (well just a family one...nowt clever).......... :huh:

.........but I just know I won&#39;t be picked as my technical skills are limited with no programming whatsoever.

However, I have been using kazaalite and emule for a long time and have learned to try things out and search for solutions.

I am a researcher and know how to look at something from several perspectives, and use methodological and precise language to describe my findings. My analytical skills are rather better honed than my technical ones :lol:

Thing is...I would imagine that developing a good user friendly program does not purely rely on technical skills. I am offering a user perspective which is just as important in development. I am one of those non-techie people who would love to get involved in developing p2p to the next level. The whole concept is exciting, I believe in the principles and if I can help to enhance its usability then even I could help too and that would be great :D

Just a thought and an offer. :flowers:

No sweat if its no..... :)

Illuminati
01-14-2004, 11:56 PM
I&#39;ll say this again in case I wasn&#39;t clear the first few times - You do not need programming skills to be a beta tester

This is for all who are reading - You do not have had to have knowledge of C++ or Visual Basic or any other language. We aren&#39;t looking for l33t hax0rs or coding gurus. We don&#39;t care whether you know programming, Assemblor, networking (unless you have resources going spare ;)), graphics, language translations, the recipe to McDonald&#39;s Big Mac sauce or anything like that - Because those skills are not looked for in beta testers for this project. Sure, they may be useful later in the project - We never know if they might be used (though that sauce recipe would definitely be used - 7th likes his burgers yet is a cheap bugger :P)

What we are looking for are those who can use a program. Anyone who&#39;s used Windows for any time can do the job. Anyone who&#39;s used Kazaa, Soulseek etc is even better, as things don&#39;t need to explained as much then (Ever bought a new console and saw how the controller seems to fit perfectly? How many consoles had you bought before? ;))

We&#39;re not looking for anything in particular that hasn&#39;t already been mentioned, but if you really want something to work with it&#39;s more qualities we&#39;re talking about - Anyone with a keen eye and can tell when something&#39;s wrong can do the job. Got that and you&#39;ve got a good chance of becoming a beta tester :)

j4y3m
01-15-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Illuminati@14 January 2004 - 23:56
I&#39;ll say this again in case I wasn&#39;t clear the first few times - You do not need programming skills to be a beta tester

This is for all who are reading - You do not have had to have knowledge of C++ or Visual Basic or any other language. We aren&#39;t looking for l33t hax0rs or coding gurus. We don&#39;t care whether you know programming, Assemblor, networking (unless you have resources going spare ;)), graphics, language translations, the recipe to McDonald&#39;s Big Mac sauce or anything like that - Because those skills are not looked for in beta testers for this project. Sure, they may be useful later in the project - We never know if they might be used (though that sauce recipe would definitely be used - 7th likes his burgers yet is a cheap bugger :P)

What we are looking for are those who can use a program. Anyone who&#39;s used Windows for any time can do the job. Anyone who&#39;s used Kazaa, Soulseek etc is even better, as things don&#39;t need to explained as much then (Ever bought a new console and saw how the controller seems to fit perfectly? How many consoles had you bought before? ;))

We&#39;re not looking for anything in particular that hasn&#39;t already been mentioned, but if you really want something to work with it&#39;s more qualities we&#39;re talking about - Anyone with a keen eye and can tell when something&#39;s wrong can do the job. Got that and you&#39;ve got a good chance of becoming a beta tester :)
So All We&#39;d Have To Do Was Try All The Different Features Of The Prog And Click Every Button We Can Find..To Seee If We Can Find Any Errors? I Can Do That Lol :)

imported_uncle_cracker
01-15-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by stupidguy+15 January 2004 - 02:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stupidguy @ 15 January 2004 - 02:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Illuminati@14 January 2004 - 23:56

This is for all who are reading - You do not have had to have knowledge of C++ or Visual Basic or any other language.&nbsp; We aren&#39;t looking for l33t hax0rs or coding gurus.&nbsp; We don&#39;t care whether you know programming, Assemblor, networking (unless you have resources going spare ;)), graphics, language translations, the recipe to McDonald&#39;s Big Mac sauce or anything like that - Because those skills are not looked for in beta testers for this project.&nbsp; Sure, they may be useful later in the project - We never know if they might be used (though that sauce recipe would definitely be used - 7th likes his burgers yet is a cheap bugger :P)

What we are looking for are those who can use a program.&nbsp; Anyone who&#39;s used Windows for any time can do the job.&nbsp; Anyone who&#39;s used Kazaa, Soulseek etc is even better, as things don&#39;t need to explained as much then (Ever bought a new console and saw how the controller seems to fit perfectly?&nbsp; How many consoles had you bought before? ;))

We&#39;re not looking for anything in particular that hasn&#39;t already been mentioned, but if you really want something to work with it&#39;s more qualities we&#39;re talking about - Anyone with a keen eye and can tell when something&#39;s wrong can do the job.&nbsp; Got that and you&#39;ve got a good chance of becoming a beta tester :)
So All We&#39;d Have To Do Was Try All The Different Features Of The Prog And Click Every Button We Can Find..To Seee If We Can Find Any Errors? I Can Do That Lol :) [/b][/quote]
yes --- you can

internet.news
01-15-2004, 01:27 AM
Around 1100 posts.
Windows 98, SuSe Linux 5 (I forget to mention that&#33;), Win XP, Win 2000 (on my other machine, which will be connected to internet in one week&#33;)
I&#39;ve got a new Noteboook from a friend a only 2 Ghz one, and
will get connection DSL for the next month in one week.
Want to search for possible bugs...
Online Time: 2-4 hours a day. Sundays 24/7. (K++ running in background)

DECLINED because you ask beta testers to send you the beta application secretly

smellycat
01-15-2004, 03:03 AM
3 stars

OS - Windows XP with SP1.
downloaded with kazaalite. :lol:
My first post was a verified hash.

Time online - With dc++ and broadband,
I just leave the computer online for days.
I think longest stretch was 7 days.

Why do I want to become a beta tester?
Because I&#39;m curious as to what this new prog will offer compared to the hundreds of other P2P progs. Also I&#39;m dedicated to P2P. If I can help out then I will.

I am a computer programmer. You get a feel for how programs are suppose to behave; an insight . I am comfortable with most programs. I found dc++ straightforward.

Do you run a website ?
No.

GCNaddict
01-15-2004, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by internet.news@15 January 2004 - 01:27
Around 1100 posts.
Windows 98, SuSe Linux 5 (I forget to mention that&#33;), Win XP, Win 2000 (on my other machine, which will be connected to internet in one week&#33;)

ROFLMFAO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

jakert50
01-15-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by internet.news@14 January 2004 - 19:27
Around 1100 posts.

i think you&#39;ve been

http://clandmd.recongamer.com/owned.jpg

Lite
01-15-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by internet.news@15 January 2004 - 01:27
Around 1100 posts.

<_<

dont ask me again&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Illuminati
01-15-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by jakert50+15 January 2004 - 08:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jakert50 @ 15 January 2004 - 08:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-internet.news@14 January 2004 - 19:27
Around 1100 posts.

i think you&#39;ve been

http://clandmd.recongamer.com/owned.jpg [/b][/quote]
No dispute here :)

And the same goes for anyone else who is thinking of PMing 7thElement or any beta tester to try to skip the line.

Who is picked as beta testers is not selected by any of the testers - The decisions are made by 7th, and he&#39;s told me often that the only place he checks for new testers is in this topic.

So in here is your best chance (and only chance ;))

imported_Catracho
01-15-2004, 05:25 PM
I dont know if it&#39;s too late to apply but I am very interested in being a betta tester.

As a klite user i&#39;ve been using the p2p software for a very long time.
I know how to use softwares :P
I am interested to be a betta tester because I care about p2p applications.
I dont know any programming but i can report any werid things that may happen.
Im online 24/7 klite/emule/btorrent background

Use Windows XP Pro w/ service pack 1
I also have Windows 2003 but i dont use it that much.

Like i said I would realy like to help out at least as a tester :D

Benno
01-15-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Catracho@15 January 2004 - 17:25

What is windows 2003? :huh:

Lite
01-15-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Benno+15 January 2004 - 20:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Benno @ 15 January 2004 - 20:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Catracho@15 January 2004 - 17:25

What is windows 2003? :huh: [/b][/quote]
Windows 2003 .NET server ;)

Benno
01-15-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Lite+15 January 2004 - 20:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lite @ 15 January 2004 - 20:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Benno@15 January 2004 - 20:34
<!--QuoteBegin-Catracho@15 January 2004 - 17:25

What is windows 2003? :huh:
Windows 2003 .NET server ;) [/b][/quote]
I see thanks :)

internet.news
01-16-2004, 05:31 AM
<span style=&#39;font-size:8pt;line-height:100%&#39;>Around 1100 posts.
DECLINED because you ask beta testers to send you the beta application secretly </span>

Sorry, 7th Element you are right, it might made the impression on you that with asking other ppl for SwapGate disrespecting you? I respect you, and I only did this because I am a person who normally don&#39;t want to wait long until you read my apply. Sorry, I know NOW I could nothing expect of you. I just want to say sorry.

nice dreams...

4th gen
01-16-2004, 06:06 AM
Requirements

Member Rank (3 Stars) - 18 in total, 3 on this account
We need to know your OS - xp home sp1
How much time do you spend online - anything from 2+ hours per day
Why do you want to become a beta tester (details) - to aid the development of a new p2p program. to spend time testing and reporting problems so the end-users of the final product don&#39;t have to (as much anyway)
Did you help to test other software ? - nope :(
Do you run a website ? (if yes: what kind of content?) - yeah, glorified image host, nothing of any use on it at the moment

jubei_yagyu
01-16-2004, 06:43 AM
Member Rank (3 Stars) - 3 stars

We need to know your OS - xp home sp1

How much time do you spend online ? - 10+ pretty much from time i wake to sleep

Why do you want to become a beta tester ? (details) - help in the development of new p2p programs....report bug&#39;s plus good experience for other testing i may do in the near future..making my work more efficient : )

Did you help to test other software ? - i have a few games yes

Do you run a website ? (if yes: what kind of content?) - nope...have had..never got any were with it : (

atiVidia
01-16-2004, 12:38 PM

Online: alot (5+ hrs daily)

Why do i want to become a tester: Ive made some mistakes on this board that i feel I have to make up (possibly with public service, as stated here)

Ive tested the betas for U4e-ut2003 (a mod for ut2003 allowing for extra weapons and such), and for Microsoft when they were working on Whistler

Do i run a webpage: i am starting to... not complete yet so im not posting the link now :)

BawA
01-16-2004, 01:48 PM
If there is any Vicancy:

Member Rank (3 Stars): I got 5 :lol:

We need to know your OS: Windows Xp Sp1 With latest updates

Why do you want to become a beta tester ? (details) : i test almost any good software and just want to help

Did you help to test other software? did few help&#39;s (Agent smith&#39;s Kl++ update and few more dev in same forums), and iam member of http://fileforum.betanews.com (not active any more)

How much time do you spend online ? More then 12 Hrs

Do you run a website? some WebSpace to upload File and simple webpage( www.bawa699.8m.net ) .

7thElement
01-16-2004, 09:10 PM
Deleted the flaming - please keep this topic an application topic.

Any more applications ? ;)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
01-16-2004, 09:23 PM
:huh: Is this going to be its own Network?If so I want to try it out.If it is going to be fasttrack again.....well.Good Luck. :)

ilw
01-16-2004, 10:55 PM
Errm I just hit the report button instead of quote, hoping that won&#39;t count against me :P

Anyway i wouldn&#39;t mind testing a new application

- Member Rank (3 Stars)

5 stars

We need to know your OS
Windows XP with SP1, I know you&#39;ve got a bunch of other XP users, but every setup is different...

Around about 4 hours a day actual surfing, I keep various p2p programs (kazaa, bittorrent, emule) running 24/7

I like to help and I think i&#39;m a fairly experienced user of p2p programs and indeed programs in general. I can also program a few languages (C++, Delphi and Visual Basic are the main ones) to varying degrees so I know the kinds of things that can go wrong. I also like trying new software, I&#39;m always curious about new stuff, and i&#39;m not particularly bothered if it goes arse over tit.

Only my own and a mates. I often use beta versions of programs. Kazaa lite (back in the day) Mozilla, opera and netlimiter spring to mind

Only a very small one and i haven&#39;t updated in ages. It was just html and used a bit of cascading style sheets. I was working on a Mysql and PHP website with sharedholder at one point (and had written a fair portion of the code), but it coincided with my final year uni project hand in and so i couldn&#39;t give it the time it needed and it never worked out.

Just let me know if i can help

7thElement
01-16-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@16 January 2004 - 21:23
:huh: Is this going to be its own Network?If so I want to try it out.If it is going to be fasttrack again.....well.Good Luck. :)
We are working on an own network. Currently we use theopen nap network until it&#39;s done (to find out if people like the gui, to fix general bugs, to learn what people really want)

We will also support multiple networks later this year (you will be able to choose the network on startup) but the main idea is build an own network cause we can add features / functions without hassle then)

atiVidia
01-16-2004, 11:36 PM
how many more until ur done, 7e?

u sed 25 on the main board. im hoping u can make an exception

J'Pol
01-16-2004, 11:50 PM
I have used K++, Bittorrent, Soulseek, DC++, ESV, Shareazaa, EMule and probably others, that don&#39;t spring to mind just now.

I know what I like in computer programmes and am quite happy to tell people what I don&#39;t like. Constructive criticism is really not a problem for me.

I know bugger all about programming, have never beta tested anything (tho&#39; I have used beta versions of programmes) and can barely get onto the internet, never mind run a webpage.

If you want somebody who will give you an honest, luddites opinion on your programme and correct your spelling etc, than I will do it. It is people like me who you will want to be the end users.

My PC is on pretty much 24/7, I am attached to it probably a couple of hours a day, bit more at weekends.

Oh good luck with the project btw, hope it works out well for you.

imported_uncle_cracker
01-17-2004, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by 7thElement+17 January 2004 - 00:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (7thElement &#064; 17 January 2004 - 00:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@16 January 2004 - 21:23
We are working on an own network. Currently we use theopen nap network until it&#39;s done (to find out if people like the gui, to fix general bugs, to learn what people really want)

We will also support multiple networks later this year (you will be able to choose the network on startup) but the main idea is build an own network cause we can add features / functions without hassle then) [/b][/quote]
sounds good :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

so far ... i decide, if you want it, to run a server ... :rolleyes:

i have a maschine for this in july this year B) B) B)

cu

atiVidia
01-17-2004, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by uncle_cracker+16 January 2004 - 22:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (uncle_cracker @ 16 January 2004 - 22:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by 7thElement@17 January 2004 - 00:35
<!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@16 January 2004 - 21:23

We will also support multiple networks later this year (you will be able to choose the network on startup) but the main idea is build an own network cause we can add features / functions without hassle then)

cu [/b][/quote]
i could run a decent server too

it runs on opennap rite? Slavanap shound do good then...

Illuminati
01-17-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by atiVidia+17 January 2004 - 05:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (atiVidia @ 17 January 2004 - 05:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by uncle_cracker@16 January 2004 - 22:48

Originally posted by 7thElement@17 January 2004 - 00:35
<!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@16 January 2004 - 21:23

cu
i could run a decent server too

it runs on opennap rite? Slavanap shound do good then... [/b][/quote]
We already have some of the server admins at SlavaBeach & Ballad helping us out by giving us time & access to their servers.

Though chances are that we may need more as soon as SG goes afloat :) We&#39;ll have to see what happens.

But the good news is that 7th hasn&#39;t closed the beta applications yet, so chances are that more testers are gonna be brought in still :D

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
01-17-2004, 10:22 PM
:) Well shit guys.Are you for real?No more SoulSeek?Wow. :)

Please have Chat Rooms and a Buddy List.These are a Must.

:P Well get to work.Because some of us are bringing lots of Music. :P

imported_computerfreak76
01-18-2004, 12:22 AM
- Member Rank (3 Stars)

ok i have 3 stars

windows xp

i spend at least 12+ hours online a day

i want to become a beta tester for the good of the p2p community, i want to be a part of the best file sharing program ever&#33; and ill get to enjoy working with others on the project, and just look at my name im interested in anything that relates to computers&#33;

no but i have reported bugs and other problems with different softwares to the makers.

no i dont run a website but if this program gets on its feet ill support it in anyway possible.

internet.news
01-18-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by 7thElement+17 January 2004 - 00:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (7thElement @ 17 January 2004 - 00:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@16 January 2004 - 21:23

We will also support multiple networks later this year (you will be able to choose the network on startup) but the main idea is build an own network cause we can add features / functions without hassle then) [/b][/quote]
What would be nice from you - I think it would be difficult as the Source Code of K-Lite is not freely available, I mean: the original Source Code - is to build the possibility to connect to Fasttrack K++ Network ;) I know this would take long, but as K++&#39;s structure is nice, and many of us are there, this would be nice and help to spread out the SwapGate (or: Stargate) better among us.

iMartin
01-18-2004, 04:21 AM
Well, I&#39;m kinda late for this, but oh well, better late than never.

1) Three stars? Yep and I think their lovely.

2) OS? Windows XP SP1 and Windows ME if needed.

3) At least 2 hours on week nights, 5+ on weekend days.

4) Why? Well why not?

5) Sony Online Entertainment: Infantry Online

6) No, but I&#39;m working on that right now.

NightStalker
01-20-2004, 02:25 AM
Member Rank = 3 Stars

We need to know your OS = Windows XP Pro Corp. SP1 (700 MHz, Intel Celeron)

How much time do you spend online = Too much. :D (Between 4-7 hours a day)

Why do you want to become a beta tester (details) = To help out with client itself, report bugs, etc.

Did you help to test other software ? = I have before, although I&#39;m no longer associated with that group.

Do you run a website ? (if yes: what kind of content?) Yes, A mirror of Kazaa Lite

7thElement
01-20-2004, 02:59 AM
Please check your PM&#39;s to see if you are selected :) A few more were approved but I forgot to edit the posts ;)

wienerschnitzel
01-21-2004, 12:30 PM
Is it too late to try out?

3 stars http://filesharingtalk.com/style_images/9/pip.gifhttp://filesharingtalk.com/style_images/9/pip.gifhttp://filesharingtalk.com/style_images/9/pip.gif

Win XP SP1, FreeBSD (but im not too good with it yet) and I just downloaded a 8 gig torrent with every version of windows on it. (wanna test on win 1.0?)

4 to 10 hours a day

I lost my job and I have nothing better to do
I have used many different programs

Ive never officially tested any programs but i have found bugs and I have reported them

I have no website but I do know HTML and im learning PHP and MySQL now

iMartin
01-21-2004, 03:46 PM
Ok, I just remembered, I have beta tested a popular game called, Infantry Online by Sony Online Entertainment...if that helps me any.... ;)

ObiWan
01-21-2004, 08:44 PM
have you got all of the testers you need.

it looks good from the screenshots.

shn
01-22-2004, 04:06 AM
Member rank = 5 stars :)

I hereby resign my inquiry.

Thank You :)

Download
01-22-2004, 07:30 PM
Member Rank: 3 Stars :)
How much time do you spend online: Too much ;)
Did you help to test other software? Yes: RegCleaner, jv16 PowerTools and all Release Candidates who are on the Test Builds Site. :01:

7thElement
01-28-2004, 12:31 AM
Any more Win98 SE members around ? ;)

imported_uncle_cracker
01-28-2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by 7thElement@28 January 2004 - 01:31
yes but me :huh: :huh: :huh:

we will see us at swapgate.com ... i had evaluated some things for example free ram and so on ... i know that this is a problem on dos_based operating_systems.

i will give you more infos :rolleyes:

btw ... very good work you have done ;)

cu uncle

internet.news
01-28-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by 7thElement@28 January 2004 - 01:31
yes, sure.