PDA

View Full Version : Avi Previewer Is Broken :(

gr1
01-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Hi guys, I am having a problem with AVI Preview, it was OK to start with but now it will only play the first few secs of any program/film that I DL. Even when the dl is complete, it still only shows the first few seconds,

Please can some1 help with this?

01-12-2004, 04:07 PM
Are you doing it through KAzaa or are you using the program?

Lite
01-12-2004, 05:45 PM
use videolan if AVI preview doesnt work, or use gspot and tell us what it says about the movie and always have the latest KLCodec pack installed - it has everything you need to play a movie :)

01-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Where do you get those codecs anyway?

Lite
01-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by ||0@12 January 2004 - 18:13
Where do you get those codecs anyway?
Here (http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm)

TheGatherer
01-12-2004, 07:32 PM
we have answered the problem b4, it is something u installed with the last k-lite kodec pack (it only applies 2 the latest 1) we found out what it was but i cant remember so search the forum for a previos topic on this subject, when u find what it is NOT 2 install when u install the rest of the codec pack then u must first uninstall the codec pack already on ur computer, then re-install the codec pack without whatever it is (i think it is avi filter spliter or sumthing like it) :D

01-13-2004, 07:54 PM
Gah!!! Im barely sure that made sense.

LOL. I installed that pack on lite's advice. Now it dunna work :D

So i need to unintall the codecpack and then reinstall it without that bodgy thing?

TheGatherer
01-13-2004, 08:06 PM
yes! and i wasnt sure if it would make any sense lol

Cyril
01-13-2004, 09:58 PM
Did you try Videolan as suggested?

01-13-2004, 10:01 PM
I'll do that now.

I should upgrade k-lite too. It a really old version.

hungrylilboy
01-13-2004, 10:44 PM
the reason ur films arent playing in avipreview is because ur films/files are corrupted. They will play until the first corrupted segment then stop.

U need to get divfix and use this to create an "un" corrupted dat which works by taking out the bad segments. Remember to click keep original or else ur download will stop. This will allow u to watch the whole download in either avi preview or videolan.

This is the reason for it but u might as well up grade to the newest klite/clean kmd/kchat and get the latest full klite codec pack

hungrylilboy
01-13-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by TheGatherer@12 January 2004 - 19:32
we have answered the problem b4, it is something u installed with the last k-lite kodec pack (it only applies 2 the latest 1) we found out what it was but i cant remember so search the forum for a previos topic on this subject, when u find what it is NOT 2 install when u install the rest of the codec pack then u must first uninstall the codec pack already on ur computer, then re-install the codec pack without whatever it is (i think it is avi filter spliter or sumthing like it) :D
and just to clear this up. This was actually concerning another problem which u luckily dont have.

This was happening when people had a big downloaded film, say over 15% done and avi preview would play about 15 secs then jump to the end of the download and go black.

It was found to be a problem, as thegatherer said, between a part of avi and a part of the full codec pack. All has been sorted now tho i believe but if u still get this prob just do a search on the board for the fix.

BUT u need not worry about this as the fix to your problem is above this!

01-15-2004, 03:13 PM
I uninstalled the pack and then nothing would work.
Im reinstalling without AVI directshow splitter. See how that works out.

01-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Well it worked except I previewed an AVI and it crashed, and then when I tried to watch one it started sputtering so i didnt just wait for it to crash so I went into my folder and it didnt.

My only conclusion the file I didnt install actually has a purpose.
I dont even remember the reason I as having trouble in the first place :blink:

hungrylilboy
01-15-2004, 03:42 PM
1) the crashing is more than likely going to be u over loading ur pc. Were u downloading something off kl at the time or running another big prog? If so ur cpu usage would have been high and then starting up avi preview pushes it over the limit. Dont worry about this, just dont try to run too many things at the same time.

2) the spluttering is prob a corrupt avi file. Not the preview. Wait and see what happens when u have finished downloading it. It might freeze in the middle of the film, or some pixels may go odd for a bit. This causes the spluttering or simple freezing or stopping of preview.

3) try using videolan as we have already suggested

4) obviously nothing will work if u dont have kl codec pack install as u need those codecs to play stuff!

5) this should help. We have told u everything what to do and given u fixes for everything and another preview tool. If nething else goes wrong, then i am afraid is ur enviroment

Karmah
01-15-2004, 04:18 PM
I've had the same problem with AVI Preveiwer, myself. It worked just fine until I installed the newest Codec pack. In fact, I had used it with one of my current downloads (it worked fine), installed the new codec pack and Bam! I get to watch about 4 seconds of movie, then it skips to the end of the file.

01-15-2004, 04:23 PM
De files werent corrupt. I've dld a corrupt file before. But that had a fault in the middle so it worked upto the fault, and if i skipped the corrupt part it went on working perfectly. It was an AVI.

I've previewed the file i tried to preview with AVI before in Videolan so I know its not corrupt, and the file that I tried to watch with AVIpreview has worked perfectly many times before prior to this.

My computer doesnt crash when it gets overloaded, it just goes really, really slow. I know because it happens alllllll the time.
I dont run anything big because its an obsolete computer. The only big thing i run other than Kazaa and browsers is Seti@home.

Illustrious
01-15-2004, 05:03 PM
Even the new avi preview is messed the same shit appens

video lan crashes my computer any other suggestions

gr1
01-16-2004, 08:37 PM
Thx guys im all sorted now.
:D