PDA

View Full Version : Website - Help, And Your Opinions

bob_the_alien
01-12-2004, 10:44 PM
Yok, guys, since I trust ""Most"" of you guys opinions, I want to know what you think about my new website. Toonage.net (http://www.toonage.net)

It's not completely finished, but it's getting close, well it will never be completely finished, but I mean finished enough to start advertising.
Anyway,
What I really want to know is:

Do you think the layout is easy to use??
(If anyone is using Dial Up) does it download quickly enough for you?
Is it compatible with whatever browser you’re using??
And any other comments you might want to throw in, don't worry I won't be offended, so let me have it. :lol:

Also, if anyone is into animation/comics, and would like to help me out, and work as a staff member, doing reviews, AMV's, news updates. I'm looking for 3 or 4 people to help.

zacspeed
01-12-2004, 11:11 PM
Could perhaps use a simpler homepage, there's a lot going on there bob!
Works fine with latest version of Opera, but looks like the dog is trying to shag bloke in top left! :">
Otherwise, nice site.
:D

namzuf9
01-12-2004, 11:47 PM
Based on how it looks and not the content:
The pic at the top with the row of lines as a border hurts my eyes and it distracts your attention from the links above.
The blue text on blue background is not a good combination for the visually impaired. The same for grey on black.
The list of URLs on the right of the screen all link to the same homepage. Unless they link to different mirrors it seems pretty pointless having there as visitors may confuse them with links to other sites. If they are mirrors them maybe change "URLs" to mirror sites or site mirrors something like that.

Aside from that it looks like you've got something going on there. When I get a chance I'll have a look at the content.

Edit: I viewed it in IE 6. It might be worth your while downloading alternative browsers like Mozilla and Opera to see if it looks like it should to you.

bob_the_alien
01-13-2004, 12:33 AM
Ok, I see your point on the blue on blue, and grey on black. I'll have to change that. The side urls are actually just filler for right now though, just wanted to see what it would look like with something there, I just haven't decided what I want to put there yet. :lol:
I also can see your point with upper borders, may change that, though I'll have to decide what I want to change it too, I have one thing in mind though, guess I'll start work on that right now.

Also, you won't find too much content right now, except for wallpapers, and a bunch of reviews. I have allot of stuff to post, but I haven't done that yet, just trying to get the site looking well, before I start with too much content.

Thanks for the advise, and if anyone else has anymore, let it rip.