PDA

View Full Version : I Have A Burning Question

Down_With_The_RIAA
02-28-2003, 01:48 AM
Hi,

I have a question that I hope someone might offer some insight into. I recently burned an audio cd, it will play in my car stereo and even my portable cd player but not in my home stereo. I have made a lot of audio CDs but never had this problem. This however was the first time I used Imation CDRs. Do you think they may be the problem? Have you heard of this problem before with these CDRs? I really would apprectiate any info.

Thanks

jetje
02-28-2003, 02:03 AM
Is it a Sony player, or an older player anyway. There are a lot player for 2,5 years ago that don't play cdr... ;) Sony continued that for longer time with their DVD's...

Down_With_The_RIAA
02-28-2003, 02:09 AM
Actually it is a newer Sony system(1 Year Old). I have played burned audio CDs in it before but this time it wouldn't play this particular one. It kind of got me stumped. I thought it might be the CDRs, but I really don't know. I have a LG Burner and use Roxio EZ CD Creator Platinum. I don't know if that helps but I thought I would add it anyway.

Fatal Error
02-28-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Down_With_The_RIAA@27 February 2003 - 20:48
Hi,

I have a question that I hope someone might offer some insight into. I recently burned an audio cd, it will play in my car stereo and even my portable cd player but not in my home stereo. I have made a lot of audio CDs but never had this problem. This however was the first time I used  Imation CDRs. Do you think they may be the problem? Have you heard of this problem before with these CDRs? I really would apprectiate any info.

Thanks
Without more specific information.. I would guess that it would be more or less a process of elimination, if all your previous CDR&#39;s work in all your players, except for the Imation CD...I would tend to think it had something to do with that particular brand of CD. <_<

Nightwolf
02-28-2003, 03:03 AM
Did you burn this particular disc using &#39;Disk at Once&#39;, or was it a multi-session recording? Some players have trouble reading the index if it was multi-session.

Supernatural
02-28-2003, 07:00 AM
Yeah, maybe you forgot to finalize the CD. If not, then its the damn CDs themselves.

ThE_MP3_G0d
02-28-2003, 07:10 AM
I vote for the CDs. I had a similar problem with Imation CDRs and Sony equipment (although in my case it was a Sony PS2). I normally use the big @&#036;&#036; 100 pack Memorex 48x CD-Rs, but I had a friend come over and I burnt a copy of his new cd on an Imation disk he had and it would read in the Plex and my cd changer..but every time I tried to play the cd as background music on my PS2...nada.

In short fu@k Imation. ;)

RPerry
02-28-2003, 08:40 AM
I had this problem once with my Parents CD-RW. By burning the cd-r at a slower speed, it started working. Good thing too after I talked them into buying a CD-RW, for the sole purpose of listening to their own customized cd&#39;s on the device that wasn&#39;t working(car-stereo) B)

gumbydancin
02-28-2003, 10:04 AM
Imation is becoming notorious for using the lightest dye in their cd-r&#39;s. I ran into this problem recently and through extensive testing have discovered that it is the ONLY brand my dvd player won&#39;t play. It will play an imation cd-rw though, because cd-rw&#39;s still have to use the darker dye. The reader just can&#39;t pick up some of the newer light dyes on the surface of the discs. Just use a different brand.

I remember the good old days, when cd-rs were all dark blue on the bottom since it was the only way to make them at the time. They all worked in my dvd player and I was so happy. No innocent people trying to rip off music and movies have to go throught the hassle of determining which discs are compatible. What the hell is the world coming to?

Schmiggy_JK23
02-28-2003, 11:58 AM
i have no complaints what so ever about imation. I bought a 100 disc spindle last year, all gone now... 32x speed, and never had any issues in compatibility.

from home sterero, multiple car steroes, ps2, dvd player, pc (of course). And i didnt seem to find them more scratch prone, or anything, so i dunno.

But i do know, my buddys cd deck in his car, a pionneer i think, wouldnt play any cdrs, and it was only a year old.

Down_With_The_RIAA
02-28-2003, 10:08 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for all the info. I bought a pack of Memorex 48x CDRs and they work fine in the home stereo. Apparently that must have been the problem. I guess I can&#39;t just go and buy what&#39;s on sale from now on. Thanks Again.

Nightwolf
02-28-2003, 10:34 PM
I had problems with Fuji CD-R&#39;s already, but that was with my old 2x Panasonic burner. Since I got my new Memorex 52x, everything burns great.