PDA

View Full Version : Hash Problem I've Noticed

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
02-28-2003, 02:49 AM
I read in another thread where a user was having problems with sig2Dat's and whenever that user clicked on a link, it opened up another page with the 404 Error. Well, I just noticed it when I posted a hash and now it seems I must fix the rest of my hashes just in case. I'm currently surfing with I.E. 6. It happens when someone posts a hash as a hybrid [URL] style. It works fine when posted as hybrid quicklink HTML style though. I just felt like saying this in case anything else comes up about this.

The Great Dude
02-28-2003, 02:52 AM
The URL gives an http to the link, it seems to be causing problems.

imported_uncle_cracker
02-28-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by The_Great_Dude@28 February 2003 - 03:52
The URL gives an http to the link, it seems to be causing problems.
hello guys ...

sure, the "http" causes this problem you talked about.
read this (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=16&t=3461) from paul.

my prob, you already know is different. but now i am sure it causes by wrong reg entries concerning installation of speeduptool from sharemonkey and deinstallation of it.

cu

imported_computerfreak76
02-28-2003, 03:43 PM
im having a problem with hashes too i think.

whenever i enter a hash lately it never finds the files it trys to connect to a user named [email protected].

is anyone else seeing this or is it just me?

imported_uncle_cracker
02-28-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by computerfreak76@28 February 2003 - 16:43

whenever i enter a hash lately it never finds the files it trys to connect to a user named [email protected].

i see this user too. don't know what it is.
so let's wait and look :D :D :D

cu

Dieselpower
02-28-2003, 08:17 PM

@uncle_cracker and @computerfreak76
Maybe, you should finally read the damn F.A.Q and stop asking stupid questions!!!

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-28-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Dieselpower@28 February 2003 - 15:17

Maybe, you should finally read the damn F.A.Q and stop asking stupid questions!!!
:o Ewwwwwwwwwww. :o

lunatacs
02-28-2003, 09:38 PM
omg, thank god i post in normal style but i think its better in normal style
quicklinks is for lazy people who don't like left clicking :D

Dieselpower
02-28-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by lunatacs@28 February 2003 - 23:38
quicklinks is for lazy people who don't like left clicking :D
Post hybrid hashes - it is the best way for all. Everybody will be satisfied.
Like here: http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...ST&f=16&t=18019 (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=16&t=18019)

imported_uncle_cracker
02-28-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Dieselpower@28 February 2003 - 21:17

sorry ... but which question do you mean???

i cannot read any from me here in this topic.

in the verified section there are many quicklinks, so you have to click on it.

and my prob with dksigtool.exe written in another topic was about screwed reg entries caused by speeduptool from sharedmonkey. but with the friends here at the board, we solved the problem.

so what??? :angry:

artmaster88
02-28-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Dieselpower@28 February 2003 - 21:17

the user named [email protected] is a dummy which allows you to even have the file on your download list. it&#39;s there untill you have <span style='color:red'>REAL users, then it&#39;ll stop trying to connect to it. that&#39;s the simplest way i could express it.</span>
like he said read the f.a.q. next time first

Greetz,
KraZaka

imported_uncle_cracker
03-01-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by artmaster88+28 February 2003 - 23:20--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (artmaster88 @ 28 February 2003 - 23:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Dieselpower@28 February 2003 - 21:17

Maybe, you should finally read the damn F.A.Q and stop asking stupid questions&#33;&#33;&#33;
the user named [email protected] is a dummy which allows you to even have the file on your download list. it&#39;s there untill you have <span style='color:red'>REAL users, then it&#39;ll stop trying to connect to it. that&#39;s the simplest way i could express it.</span>
like he said read the f.a.q. next time first

Greetz,
KraZaka [/b][/quote]
can you please give me a link to the faq where the function of [email protected] is explained?

in my downlaodlist i have plenty of files with 0kB/0kB and not connected to the dummy user and of course not to any real user.

i only want to understand the function and what you have written seems not correct in all cases.

i say it again: i have files on my download list without that dummy user.

and in my post above i wrote that we had to wait cause for sure i know that i need real users.

cu

The Great Dude
03-01-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by uncle_cracker@28 February 2003 - 02:34
sure, the "http" causes this problem you talked about.
read this (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=16&t=3461) from paul.

Oh, damn I forgot that. :P I haven&#39;t seen the sig2dat faq in a really long time, but I just html anyways. :lol:

imported_computerfreak76
03-01-2003, 03:53 AM
dieselpower you better not ever talk to me like that again you MOTHERFUCKER&#33;

i dont know what your problem is dude but you need to learn some respect and if you aint got nothing nice to then shut your cocksucking mouth&#33;

The Great Dude
03-01-2003, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by uncle_cracker@28 February 2003 - 17:05
can you please give me a link to the faq where the function of [email protected] is explained?

in my downlaodlist i have plenty of files with 0kB/0kB and not connected to the dummy user and of course not to any real user.

i only want to understand the function and what you have written seems not correct in all cases.

i say it again: i have files on my download list without that dummy user.

and in my post above i wrote that we had to wait cause for sure i know that i need real users.

cu
That&#39;s only if you copy and paste the sig2dat link. Seems no one ever does it anymore, it&#39;s all the quicklinks now. :(

Ron
03-01-2003, 05:01 AM
I have some files that are pretty much finished.
Still, I see that &#39;dummy&#39; name pop up every now and then too.....

The Great Dude
03-01-2003, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Ron@28 February 2003 - 21:01
I have some files that are pretty much finished.
Still, I see that &#39;dummy&#39; name pop up every now and then too.....
How this generation of forum people have changed. :lol: Check the FAQ and you&#39;ll see what&#39;s the dummy thing.

imported_uncle_cracker
03-01-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Dieselpower+28 February 2003 - 22:49--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dieselpower @ 28 February 2003 - 22:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--lunatacs@28 February 2003 - 23:38
quicklinks is for lazy people who don&#39;t like left clicking :D
Post hybrid hashes - it is the best way for all. Everybody will be satisfied.
Like here: http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...ST&f=16&t=18019 (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=16&t=18019) [/b][/quote]
this is NOT a hybrid &#33;&#33;&#33; this is normal style.
anyway: it&#39;s not important what you like, it is important which kind of "hash_style" other people are posting.

bye

Dieselpower
03-01-2003, 04:47 PM
@uncle_cracker
My advice: read carefully in that thread&#33; And don&#39;t say to me what links are simple hashes (normal style), what are quicklink HTML style links, what are hybrids of both and what are URL style links... I&#39;ve posted enough sig2dat links to know a lot about them&#33;
Here is it what Jetje wrote (read there her post)

Oni nice posts, but why don&#39;t you try to make it hybrid quicklinks. just click that button (hybrid) you get
something like this

her hybrid link

Some people think this as more easy
I totally agree with her. With a hybrid link the user who wants to import sig2dat link in old way, will do that easily just copying a hybrid link.
The user which wants a quicklink will just click on a part of it.
I think it is very simple to understand...
And I post only hybrid links so everybody will be satisfied.

imported_uncle_cracker
03-01-2003, 04:54 PM
believe me: i really understand that.
i only say that the posted hash above is NOT a hybrid. it is normal style. because on that hash you posted you can only do OLD WAY.

and if you mean the second post in this link, you have to say this.

it is really not so difficult.

Dieselpower
03-01-2003, 05:02 PM
Certainly I meant the hash made by Jetje. I presume people can read threads thoroughly and make conclusions&#33;

imported_uncle_cracker
03-01-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Dieselpower@1 March 2003 - 18:02
Certainly I meant the hash made by Jetje. I presume people can read threads thoroughly and make conclusions&#33;
i do not know which kind of problem you had.
believe me i can read and i can make logical conclusions, it is my job for about 20 years.

but maybe i cannot explain things so good in english, cause it is a foreign language for me and the time a had learned it is long long time ago.

but you are the first guy in that forum who obviously had a problem with. so maybe it is something with you? think about that.

i will close that thread for me now, cause i do not want to waste time with such things.