PDA

View Full Version : Plz Help

timanfiya
01-13-2004, 10:00 PM
I downloaded a film that came in bin and cue and extracted the mpeg using vcd gear. I wanted to put onto dvd so encoded using tmpeg and ffmpeggui but when I tried to burn it was totally out of synch yet the original mpeg played on pc is fine. I've tried using tmpeg in diferent ways to convert both video and audio and tried using nero to encode but still get the same prob - why does this happen if it was fine in the first place??

I tried to use virtual dub but this would not even open the file (but i'm not 100% sure how to use this programme)

Is it anything to do with a change in frequency or something as dvd frequency is different to svcd mpeg - i think?

edit - just tried encoding the audio at 44100 instead of 48000 but still appears to e out of synch

{I}{K}{E}
01-13-2004, 11:06 PM
it's a .MPEG so you don't need to convert it to something else you can just burn the .bin to an CD-R and play it on your DVD-player ;)

{I}{K}{E}

Robert00000
01-13-2004, 11:21 PM
Are you trying to encode it into DVD Complient mpeg2? I think the .bin image is either vcd or svcd image. If your player supports these formats then you won't need to convert.

timanfiya
01-13-2004, 11:36 PM
I was trying to make a compilation of three movies on one dvd using a dvd author. I tried to put the svcd in DVDLab without encoding but it still split the audio and video (demultiplexed?) automatically and I still ended up with synch probs.

If can't fix the prob then I was going to try and burn the svcd image to a dvd-r (can I do this without converting?)

I would like to try and fix the sych prob though so I am not wasting discs with just one movie.

{I}{K}{E}
01-13-2004, 11:46 PM
you can also extract the .mpg and burn the 3 movies on a single DVD-r as DATA. then it also works on your DVD-player ;)

timanfiya
01-14-2004, 01:27 AM
Think I might finally have managed to sort it - I think?!

Thanks for the advice

Robert00000
01-14-2004, 04:26 AM
How did sort it out?

I was going to suggest removing the bad frames or re-encoding the files.

Keighley-England
01-14-2004, 11:45 PM
:frusty: ok did you sort it or not .
the idea of these forum is to share and not have all the information to go one way :angry: