PDA

View Full Version : Wtf!?!?

longboneslinger
01-13-2004, 10:31 PM
Some .avi's I can view, some I can't. :frusty: I'm using the latest k-lite codecs (pre-beta) and I can't view these things. I've tried MS Media Player, Real, QuickTime, and the ATI file player from my old vid card. No luck. :angry: Here's a screen shot, maybe it'll help.

http://www.geocities.com/longboneslinger/avi.jpg

Oh yeah, AVI Preview is a no-go too. Naturally!

Nogimics
01-13-2004, 10:38 PM
I had a similar screen keep showing on my AVI's too and I reinstalled the codecs and everything was fine. (Must of been something I installed afterwards that conflicted or changed them).

Cyril
01-13-2004, 11:04 PM
For watching any avi's use Videolan or BS Player (from KLite Codec Pack). Between the 2 you should be able to watch any video files.

DVD PIRATE III
01-14-2004, 12:03 AM
VideoLAN is by far the best player..
Ive seen it play movies perfectly on a pentium 2(600mhz) where BS player and wmp would have jumps freezes etc

longboneslinger
01-14-2004, 01:30 AM
I've been trying videolan, but it crashes about every 3rd movie.......max. Sometimes it crashes right out of the box. I'll have to end task it 4 or 5 times.

Well, technically, it's not a crash, it just won't display the movie. Sound comes in, but the screen is black. If I restart it'll usually play the movie...usually. Sometimes it takes a try or 3. :frusty: :frusty:

As a matter of fact, if I try to access ANY of the advanced settings, it instantly crashes back to the desktop. It's causing page faults in my stacks. My stacks are at 32/128 already..... :frusty:

Cyril
01-14-2004, 04:47 AM
May be a clash of codecs. You should reinstall it and try again. I also assume you have downloaded KLite Codec Pack - use 2.20 as understand there are some probs with latest version.

longboneslinger
01-14-2004, 10:49 PM
:beerchug: Thanks cyril & nogimicks :beerchug:

Problem fixed!!
Problem? MS Internet Explorer!! :flame:

I uninstalled/re-installed k-lite codecs (v. 220f).
Uninstalled vlan, downloaded and re-isntalled vlan (v. 0.7.0)
No go. Still crashes.

I could, all of a sudden, not use this forum. I had to login every time I clicked a thread. I tried to un-install the whore, but it said it couldn't because a previouse update was needing a re-boot. It's been re-booted God knows how many times since the update. Windows had been hanging on reboot, hmmmm....

I used the repair option and now all is well. Imagine, a MS app causing problems! Go figure!! :lol: