PDA

View Full Version : Image Missing From Websites Stored In Favorites

bootylicious
01-14-2004, 05:46 AM
Does anyone know how to fix this problem...I am using IE6 browser and everytime I bookmark a site to my favorites the image for the site shows up but then later disappears only to be replaced by the IE image. :frusty: :helpsmile:

4play
01-14-2004, 06:15 AM
im guessing when you don't visit them in a while they are removed along with the rest of your internet cache.

you might try making internet explorer store your cache for a longer period but it is a sloppy way to stop this annoyance.

Mavol
01-14-2004, 02:53 PM
i have this too: i store my IE cache on a ram disk, so everytime i restart, my cache is empty and all my little fav icons are gone.
obviously your cache gets emptied. its up to you to figure by whom, since there are loads of programs that can do this, including yourself :)

4play
01-14-2004, 03:39 PM
it also deletes files that are older then a certain date ;)

bootylicious
01-14-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by 4play@14 January 2004 - 02:15
im guessing when you don't visit them in a while they are removed along with the rest of your internet cache.

you might try making internet explorer store your cache for a longer period but it is a sloppy way to stop this annoyance.
I think I might just know what's causing this problem. I have Window Washer installed on my computer (it's not set to automatic wash) but I do wash often so I can bet that's why the images disappear from time to time. What do u think?
I'm gonna check it out. Appreciate ur suggestions though...thanks! :)

Edit: Same to u Mavol

firefox
01-14-2004, 10:26 PM
got to be that windows washer

ck-uk
01-14-2004, 10:33 PM
You could also try setting ie to check pages every time you visit a site.

At the top ,tools , internet options ,temp internet files ,settings ,then at the top choose every time you visit. :)

bootylicious
01-16-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by ck-uk@14 January 2004 - 18:33
You could also try setting ie to check pages every time you visit a site.

At the top ,tools , internet options ,temp internet files ,settings ,then at the top choose every time you visit. :)
Window Washer is apparently not the cause of the problem as I thought because I tried saving other pages without washing and the same thing happened. I also tried ur suggestion as well and still no change. :( :frusty: :(

bootylicious
01-18-2004, 03:43 AM
OK guys, here's the story on this issue. These images that r symbols for each website stored in favorites are called FAVICONS (favicons.ico). They r stored in ur temporary internet files until they are deleted by urself. The icons actually take a while to appear so make sure not to delete until they do so. A safe way to keep these favicons is to copy and save each image someplace else on ur computer before u delete (don't forget to rename)... After this is done, ull be able to change icons when u right click each website and go to properties. Please note that not all websites have favicons. I hope this helps for anyone else who is having the same problem. ;) :) B)