PDA

View Full Version : Converting

Draconos
01-14-2004, 06:31 AM
I've got a slight problem. I have an tv show, 40 mins or so long, when I I convert it using TMPGEnc my system wont read it at all, while usualy I have no problems, when I convert it using EOvideo, I get the first 2 minutes. Now, I've re-dl'd this same sho twic witht the same results, any knows fixes?

D :smilie4:

THE DUDE
01-14-2004, 07:19 AM
r u trying to burn a (s)vcd or do you just want to watch it in mpeg format?

If u can't your windows media player to work you might need the right codec.

xvid codec (http://files.xvid.org/downloads/xvidcore-1.0.0-beta3.zip)

Nightwolf
01-14-2004, 09:12 AM
What format is the file originally? Are you able to view it before converting? I'm guessing it's .wmv. Somebody posted a similar message a few days ago and it's probably the same bad file.

Draconos
01-14-2004, 03:12 PM
I'm trying to convert it to burn to DVD, the file is in mpeg but I cant figure out if its 1 or 2, thats why I'm wanting to convert it to MPEG1.

P.S. : THE DUDE I didnt get a chance to look for those pages yet, got called in to work, WOOHOO for days off

THE DUDE
01-14-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Draconos@14 January 2004 - 15:12
P.S. : THE DUDE I didnt get a chance to look for those pages yet, got called in to work, WOOHOO for days off
Don't sweat it man u should be getting wasted on your day off not doing other peoples dirty work anyways. :lol: :lol:

open up the file in media player if it's in VCD format the res should be 312 x 240.

u can determine this by going to File in the top left hand corner of your media player and scrolling down to properties.

u could try using nero to burn the disc as a vcd if the format is mpeg 1 it should just burn on it's automatically if not it may try to convert it for u. if u see a menu that comes up that gives u choices:

Re-encode file as vcd file.

Ignore standard compliance and encode anyway.

Try both of those options.

This site (http://www.dvdrhelp.com/) is where I get most of my info.

good luck :)