PDA

View Full Version : Mp3 Format

mandsinellijay
02-28-2003, 05:09 AM
When I try to burn my music from Kazaa Lite, I get a message that it is not the correct format. I use to download and burn, then my harddrive crashed. I had to re-install KL and now when I download, it's all MP3 format. Can I change that? How? HELP. :unsure:

The Great Dude
02-28-2003, 05:10 AM
What kind of burner are you using?

mandsinellijay
02-28-2003, 05:14 AM
It came already on my Toshiba Satellite laptop - DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive.

Ynhockey
02-28-2003, 12:03 PM
Well, if it's an mp3 then there can be two possible reasons:

a) It's not really an mp3, but someone renamed it to mp3 and it still plays in WinAmp/WMP 'cause they recognize the orignial format as well.

B) It's a highly compressed mp3, which many CDRs aren't capable of writing.

If it's reason B (you should see by the size of the file), then just download the song(s) again with a bigger filesize. If that doesn't work, try using different burning software.

J'Pol
02-28-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by mandsinellijay@28 February 2003 - 06:09
When I try to burn my music from Kazaa Lite, I get a message that it is not the correct format. I use to download and burn, then my harddrive crashed. I had to re-install KL and now when I download, it's all MP3 format. Can I change that? How? HELP. :unsure:
I don't really understand the question. As long as the files are some type of data then you should be able to burn them to a cdr. It doesn't really matter what they are, unless of course the file is corrupt which may cause problems.

If you are downloading mp3 files and want to play them on a normal cd player then they need converted to CD audio.

I use Nero to copy either data or convert to cda. Nero will do the conversion whilst burning the tracks. If you want the mp3 to copy as a data file then select data in the wizard. If you want it as an audio file, then select that in the wizard.

I don't think I'm supposed to post sigs here. However if you look at my post in the software in a can section you will find Nero.

Good Luck

mandsinellijay
03-01-2003, 05:36 AM
Thanks, I will try again. What is happening is when I get my list ready to burn and I try to burn the message reads that its the wrong format. I know before my comp crashed, this never happened. I figured I may have not set something the way it had been before in my KL after I re-installed KL. Maybe it's my burner, but I really don't think so. It's only about 6M old.

J'Pol
03-01-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by mandsinellijay@1 March 2003 - 06:36
Thanks, I will try again. What is happening is when I get my list ready to burn and I try to burn the message reads that its the wrong format. I know before my comp crashed, this never happened. I figured I may have not set something the way it had been before in my KL after I re-installed KL. Maybe it's my burner, but I really don't think so. It's only about 6M old.
If you have donloaded the files and they work ( I assume you test them before you burn) then it is nothing to do with Kazaa. It has done it's part. What software are you using to do the actual burning.

mandsinellijay
03-02-2003, 06:00 AM
Drag & Drop

J'Pol
03-02-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by mandsinellijay@2 March 2003 - 07:00
Drag & Drop
Sorry I've never heard of it, I use Nero. Perhaps someone else has some knowledge of this software.

Wocus
03-02-2003, 09:25 AM
no not me.. i use NT Burner

http://www.vrolijkekerst.nl/Vuur/smoking8.gif

Rocktron
03-04-2003, 11:49 AM
If you try to make a Audio cd with MP3 files with less quality than 128/kbps... it doesn't burn!
Atleast NERO rejectes them! The quality of files below this rate suck anyway..

I never download files below 128/kbps you should do the same.
Or are your files 128/kbps? Then there is something else wrong!

Open Nero, choose Audio cd and click NEW
Select the MP3 files you want to burn and drop them in the left empty window... should work!

http://images.allposters.com/images/20/WAG2479_a.jpg

mandsinellijay
03-05-2003, 02:09 AM
i don't know NERO, but i will look for it and try to get it and use it. Thanks for all of the suggestions, keep em' comin'.