PDA

View Full Version : 56k'er Plee For Help (nz)

Dray_04
01-14-2004, 11:41 AM
;) hey studs,

well i have an issue, well not really an issue, more of a time consuming problem.

I want the game Star Wars: Knights of the old republic, but the thing is its 2781Mb on suprnova!!! :huh: wow that is a shit load to download using a 56k modem.

my plee is can sum1 PM about sending me the cds. that would be really good. i know your probably thinking about all the illegal stuff, but hopefully sum1 out ther is willing to lend a hand to a poor 56k modem user. No profit will be gained, but the satisfaction that you saved a 56k user a SHIIIT load of time (bout 9 dayz straight) of constant downloading. :lol:

i will pay for the blank cds and postage. (thats not bad is it?)

:helpsmile:

for all the fans who love the game Star Wars: Knights of the old republic, hear my plee

Dark Ride
01-14-2004, 12:20 PM
Hi dude, I know that kind of problem.I'm a 56k-er too ;)
But maybe I can help you.A friend of mine has a-dsl (max. 5MB/s), and I'm sure he will do it for you.I'll ask him, and you just pay the shiping and the blank cds , OK?

reply or PM me B)

Dray_04
01-14-2004, 10:39 PM
:lol:

nice

i thort id have ppl bitchin, but yer, thanx dude ill pm ya

tHe LiNk
01-14-2004, 10:57 PM
I have the same dilemma, but i try to put up with it. 56k doesn't stop me from downloading games, this year i've downloaded GTA: Vice city, GTA3, C&C, Max payne 2 and halo. Actually, i've got KOTOR downloading right now. It all takes a few weeks to complete, but i try to put up with it.

ck-uk
01-14-2004, 11:05 PM
It is terrible mate tring to download with 56k..

If you have no luck mate try here. http://www.cdrom-guide.com/

I havn't been there for a while but there use to be a lot of trading & selling etc of backup cd of movies ,games in the background on the forums. :)

Dray_04
01-14-2004, 11:06 PM
lol, well i usually put up with it, but 2 gigs is just too big.

iv downloaded Prince Of Persia , rugby league, NFSU, CS, CS:condition zero, halo all on my 56k modem, and other shit games

muchspl2
01-14-2004, 11:09 PM
your best bet is to look for a rip, cause I doubt anyone would send anything through the mail, makes it a federal offense, what with all the law suites recently
but I'm no lawyer

Dray_04
01-14-2004, 11:12 PM
thyre not going to scan the cd's...lol.. would they?

uh mean if u labelled the cd, Grandma's Christmas Party, the FBI wouldnt storm the airport and play the cd on a laptop would they?

ck-uk
01-14-2004, 11:17 PM
Like i said mate have a look a round that site.& you will find what you're looking for. :)

Dray_04
01-14-2004, 11:23 PM
thanx ck-uk,

ill check it out l8er,

but my gud friend dark ride is hooking me up, and he lives on the other side of the world. lol

Dark Ride
01-14-2004, 11:36 PM
Yeah, he's just a few lightyears away from me :D