PDA

View Full Version : Computer Can't See My Dvd Disc In It's Drive

(>Zero Cool<)
01-14-2004, 03:23 PM
Hi folks, need some help please.

I am doing some very overdue backing up and have just used m new dvd writer for the first time. I used Nero Express to copy a bunch of files on to a blank dvd which I think went fine (well so Nero told me). However when I put the disc back into the drive just to check the stuff had copied before I deleted it from my hd I can&#39;t see the disc&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I tried opening it through explorer and a couple of other progs, windows media player eg, but still getting an insert disk into the drive please message. If I do a &#39;disk Info&#39; under &#39;Recorder&#39; in Nero it says the disk has 1 session and about 4+Gb on it so there must be something, right?

Can anyone tell me where I may be going wrong please

Thank you

Zero

p.s I have d&#39;ld an upgrade for my Firmware but I have nooooo idea what I am supposed to do with it, if you know anything about this help would be appreciated.

edit: p.s. bit, as I try to find a solution :frusty:

Virtualbody1234
01-14-2004, 04:06 PM
What make and model DVD burner?

Are you reading the disc with the same burner?

Have you tried restarting your computer?

(>Zero Cool<)
01-14-2004, 04:12 PM
Hi thanks for getting back to me :) first off I have just realised I don&#39;t have windvd or the like installed I take it that could affect things a bit? (Formatted my drive and haven&#39;t re-installed)

The drive isthis one (http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=49483) with the blank dvd&#39;s the ones suggested orange bulkpaq ones.

Nope haven&#39;t restarted, I know that restart is normally a first step but I wasn&#39;t sure where that would affect my pc&#39;s ability to read my recently burned dvd.

oops p.s yes rewriting and reading withh the same drive, my other drive is a cd re-writer

ck-uk
01-14-2004, 04:22 PM
Did you finalize the dvd when you burnt it mate or as a multi session?

open nero & read the disc through it to see if anything is on the disc.If there is ,burn a small file like a txt doc & you should be able to read the first load of files you burnt.. :)

(>Zero Cool<)
01-14-2004, 04:27 PM
ahhhh, I see :rolleyes:

I did create the disk as a multisession thinking I may stick something else on the end as there is a couple of hundred Mb left. Would this be why I am getting nothing?

Thanks for the reply pal :)

ck-uk
01-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Most likely mate.

Try a small file first though mate because the odds are the second session want show up. :)

(>Zero Cool<)
01-14-2004, 05:07 PM
You were right on both counts, I finalised the disk by adding a few extra files, which worked a treat but the extra files don&#39;t show up. No matter I got what I wanted. First time I had tried a multisession one as I normally just fill a cd but this was my first dvd.

Thanks very much for your help pal. :D