PDA

View Full Version : My Cd Drive(pls Help) Desperate

tree_for
02-28-2003, 06:07 AM
hi everyone,
I just upgraded to XP pro and it caused me a lot of problems and I uninstalled it. After that it swicthed to my previous OS which is ME.
After doing that I couldn't use my CD-Drive it doesn't detect a CD inserted and when I insert a CD blue screen appears and that's it...... have to restart.... pls help even if you know a very little bit about this pls help..... as b'coz of this I cannot even run my computer properly

WebCheF
02-28-2003, 07:32 AM
There are quite a few things that it could be.

But to save yourself the time,

1. Check the compatibility of the drive,softeware driver, and type of connection to your computer from the drive.

2. Reinstall in safe mode and then rescan your device manager in the systems folder in control panel.

3. Then run device manager to see what kind of conflict the drive has.

I know that sounds basic, but like I said that is a very broad problem with the cd device.

Post some more feedback on the symptoms of the device.

tree_for
02-28-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by WebCheF@28 February 2003 - 08:32
There are quite a few things that it could be.

But to save yourself the time,

1. Check the compatibility of the drive,softeware driver, and type of connection to your computer from the drive.

2. Reinstall in safe mode and then rescan your device manager in the systems folder in control panel.

3. Then run device manager to see what kind of conflict the drive has.

I know that sounds basic, but like I said that is a very broad problem with the cd device.

Post some more feedback on the symptoms of the device.
The machine is not new and I have been using it for a year or so and the drive is an internal drive, and everytime I insert any disk (after uninstalling windows XP) blue screen appears saying that OE:error and I manually restart the computer.And I also got my ORIGINAL WIN ME Cd recovery kit provided by HP

what do you mean by this
"Reinstall in safe mode and then rescan your device manager in the systems folder in control panel."

but the drive can detect the system recovery CD.... at the start up and able to boot up from the CD drive... but I'am afraid to re-install windows only, as my brother has important data in the computer ... and I'am also scared that the setup might crash during the recovery

AND there is no conflict within the device drives..... and the system properties says that the device works properly...

pls help don't give up.As I'am desperate

WebCheF
02-28-2003, 09:35 AM
Sorry, if I typed like I was sarcastic.

I just had the same problem with my system. I had to set my mother board to configure, and refresh the bios for a default system setup.

I was pissed at how long it took me to figure that shit out. LOL

I spent like 4 hrs ttying to fix Wnxp and it was my mother board.

anyway hooe you get better luck than I did.

WebCheF
02-28-2003, 09:37 AM
Did you try disconnecting all but one of your drives, and then chenge it back.

tree_for
02-28-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by WebCheF@28 February 2003 - 10:37
Did you try disconnecting all but one of your drives, and then chenge it back.
no I didn't try that ........ should I try that ??????????

(i.e.)go to system folder and then delete the drive the cd drive and then re-try by asking windows to check for new hardware and detect it.... is it so??????? pls reply as I'am waiting for your reply to do so????

WebCheF
03-05-2003, 07:43 AM
Sorry bout that,

no, you should manualy remove it, or if you are good with the bios interface, try that.

But I had to go thru hell to get mine back up. I had a master, slave conflict.

Let me know how you came out..