PDA

View Full Version : Preview Divx Or Xvid From Kazaa

Mikemure9
01-15-2004, 12:49 AM
To preview divx or xvid files for Kazaa without crashing it use doubleagent for KaZaA combined with divx player, see http://www.p2ptools.com

Thanks

Joe_Cool
01-15-2004, 04:34 AM
It's easier (and cheaper) to use AVIPreview. It is included in the Kazaa Lite 2.4.3 package and it the most stable video previewer I've ever come across.

DVD PIRATE III
01-15-2004, 06:22 AM
AVI Preview only works on avi's, not mpegs

This Media Preview has a lot more features than avi preview could ever hope to have

Only downside is the Pro version has a 30 day trial(PM me for trial reset)and the basic version has limited features

yorwhil
01-17-2004, 08:56 AM
um........ yeah.........how should i say this nicely? AVI Preview sucks my left ass cheek. If you like loading a your partially downloaded video for a minute or so and then watching like 2 seconds of it then keep using AVI Nonview. But I can think of a few better ways to waste time, without even getting frustrated when its over. I don't know---maybe the designers of AVI Preview intended for it not to work. Maybe thats one of its exclusive features. On the average, 0 out of 50 videos (avi, mpeg, whatever) will play with AVI Preview. Wow, sweet program. Here's what you do, download VLC Media Player by Video LAN. The cool thing that the makers included with this program is that......................it works. Once you get it, be prepared to actually "preview" for the first time.
You have to incorporate it into Kazaa lite by hitting Options, then KL Extensions Options, then Tools Menu, then Add, then put in the title (VLC), then where it says Command Line browse to let it find VLC (wherever you installed it on your hard drive), then where it says Work Directory put C: or My Computer or whatever. When you're done with this, do yourself a favor and Delete AVI Preview. Otherwise sometime you might accidently click AVI Preview after "Preview with" and leave yourself wide open to be frustrated when it doesnt work.
PS No offense to the fine makers of AVI Preview.

4th gen
01-17-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by yorwhil@17 January 2004 - 07:56
um........ yeah.........how should i say this nicely? AVI Preview sucks my left ass cheek. If you like loading a your partially downloaded video for a minute or so and then watching like 2 seconds of it then keep using AVI Nonview. But I can think of a few better ways to waste time, without even getting frustrated when its over. I don't know---maybe the designers of AVI Preview intended for it not to work. Maybe thats one of its exclusive features. On the average, 0 out of 50 videos (avi, mpeg, whatever) will play with AVI Preview. Wow, sweet program. Here's what you do, download VLC Media Player by Video LAN. The cool thing that the makers included with this program is that......................it works. Once you get it, be prepared to actually "preview" for the first time.
You have to incorporate it into Kazaa lite by hitting Options, then KL Extensions Options, then Tools Menu, then Add, then put in the title (VLC), then where it says Command Line browse to let it find VLC (wherever you installed it on your hard drive), then where it says Work Directory put C: or My Computer or whatever. When you're done with this, do yourself a favor and Delete AVI Preview. Otherwise sometime you might accidently click AVI Preview after "Preview with" and leave yourself wide open to be frustrated when it doesnt work.
PS No offense to the fine makers of AVI Preview.
hardly the most objective post in the world... ;)

:)

abu_has_the_power
01-17-2004, 09:21 PM
how do i get a full version?

yorwhil
01-17-2004, 11:58 PM
if your asking me, to get VLC 0.7.0 (the latest version) go to Video LAN&#39;s website and download it. This is the full version and it is freeware. If you weren&#39;t talking to me then don&#39;t read this. <_<

abu_has_the_power
01-18-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by yorwhil@17 January 2004 - 18:58
if your asking me, to get VLC 0.7.0 (the latest version) go to Video LAN&#39;s website and download it. This is the full version and it is freeware. If you weren&#39;t talking to me then don&#39;t read this. <_<
video lan previews videos?

yorwhil
01-18-2004, 02:57 AM
yes

ZeroTolerance
01-23-2004, 11:41 PM
videolan is simply the best

yorwhil
01-24-2004, 04:26 AM
Amen you can play anything with with VideoLan. I copied the VOB files from a DVD and then used a program to combine into a .dat file. VideoLan played it, while MediaPlayer and Winamp didn&#39;t know the difference between it and an ice cream cone. I found an old 8-track, glued it on to a Laser Disc, and crammed it into the floppy drive...........and VideoLan played it just fine. OK i made the last one up, but you get my point.

VideoLan is :01:

imported_7aint9
02-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Is it only me but whenever I preview with Videolan I always get a loud hissing sound over the audio? Is there anyway I can make the audio normal?

yorwhil
02-06-2004, 01:40 AM
there&#39;s a toggle switch for "loud hissing" in the settings tab. Simply turn it off.

muchspl2
02-06-2004, 01:43 AM
videolan or nothing