PDA

View Full Version : Why You Don't Offer Sg Beta To

internet.news
01-15-2004, 01:35 AM
If you only offer it to some Beta Testers it is less effective in finding bugs than
offering to all members on the board. More people would find faster bugs, wouldn't they?

http://internet-news.gmxhome.de/smile.jpg Looking a litle sad and desperately helpless on 7th :(

Benno
01-16-2004, 04:17 PM
Give it up, either you get picked as a beta tester or you just have to wait untill a piblic beta is released.

Live with it :rolleyes:

internet.news
01-16-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Benno@16 January 2004 - 17:17
Give it up, either you get picked as a beta tester or you just have to wait untill a piblic beta is released.

Live with it :rolleyes:
Right, I have to live with it, but: the same is for music: If I can't I copy it ;)

No, is ok. ;)

Illuminati
01-16-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Benno@16 January 2004 - 17:17

Live with it  :rolleyes:
As Benno says.

We do have people getting an impressively higher-than-expected number of bugs out with the current testers. However, a limited number are testing it to keep development in control and stable. We've already had one person struck off the team because of both impersonating another tester and making parts of SG public that weren't ready to be mentioned (I've said my peace on the matter anyway in another topic so I'm not gonna dig that up), so imagine what the hell can happen is 3k people got it (plus the potential 50k who find it by checking here, on P2P news sites, on personal sites, on scam sites ripping it off as their's...)

Besides, even if you got a copy of SwapGate right now it wouldn't work - Each tester is given a code unique to each person that changes frequently. Getting the program without the code is useless.