PDA

View Full Version : Which Is Better?

BiG_aL
01-15-2004, 02:40 AM
Which is better
the Abit AN7? (http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=158)
or the Abit NF7-S? (http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=6)
Thanks,
Allan

BiG_aL
01-15-2004, 03:57 PM
up.
Help please.
-Allan

lynx
01-15-2004, 05:43 PM
AN7.

It has the Ultra chipset so it supports dual channel ram which theoretically doubles the memory bandwidth (as long as you've actually got dual channel ram).

BiG_aL
01-15-2004, 05:47 PM
both have dual channel DDR. Umm the AN7 has a microprocessor called the GURU to keep the load off your main processor when monitoring stuff.

B_U_B_B_A
01-15-2004, 07:03 PM
ive read a lot about the nf7 being a really good overclocking mobo...not seen so much about the an7

lynx
01-15-2004, 07:56 PM
The NF7-S does NOT support dual channel ddr.

It has 2 single channel ddr controllers, which is not the same thing. However, it may perform just as well as true dual channel ddr.
But I doubt it otherwise Nvidia would not have bothered with the Ultra chipset.

The AN7 also has integrated Firewire and Lan, depends whether you need those.

kaiweiler
01-15-2004, 08:01 PM
disregard the above post, it is not true <_<
The NF7-S does support dual channel DDr as i have that specific mobo and it is written directly on the box. and also it has both lan and firewire as well

BiG_aL
01-15-2004, 08:03 PM
lynx follow your sig dude. The nf7-S comes with both firewire and lan as does it come with dual channel ddr. my friend just bought it. you must be thinking of version 1 not version 2

lynx
01-15-2004, 08:15 PM
NF7-S (http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=6)

Read it for yourselves, dickheads. Read the full specification.

It quite clearly says it has dual controllers, not a dual controller. That means 2 controllers, not one controller which supports dual-channel.

But you are right about the lan and firewire, they weren&#39;t mentioned on the overview, and I too hadn&#39;t bothered to look at the full spec.

kaiweiler
01-15-2004, 08:23 PM
how was i being a "dickhead"?? i just simply pointed out two mistakes you made, with the firewire and with the lan, nothin mean about it
you just pointed out a mistake i made as well...does pointing out mistakes make you a dickhead? cuz if so, so are you
just relax

**GASHA**
01-16-2004, 10:18 AM
I have an NF7s board and so far it&#39;s been gr8, I would suggest you check out the Abit forums for more feedback from actual owners of both boards rather than read the drivel &#39;Mr Nice&#39; is posting.

lynx
01-16-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by kaiweiler@15 January 2004 - 19:23
how was i being a "dickhead"?? i just simply pointed out two mistakes you made, with the firewire and with the lan, nothin mean about it
you just pointed out a mistake i made as well...does pointing out mistakes make you a dickhead? cuz if so, so are you
just relax

disregard the above post, it is not true
The NF7-S does support dual channel DDr as i have that specific mobo and it is written directly on the box. and also it has both lan and firewire as well

You edited your post to add the bit about lan and firewire after I had pointed out your mistake and admitted that I had missed a small point. That makes you not only a dickhead, but dishonest too.

If you are going to say other peoples posts are untrue, get your facts right first.

Edit: I&#39;ve never said the NF7-S is not a great board, but the question was which is best, and there can be no doubt that it is the AN7.

Virtualbody1234
01-16-2004, 11:26 AM
All of you... Please stop with the name calling comments.