PDA

View Full Version : Prince Of Persia

01-15-2004, 02:54 AM
ok i just got prince of persia from bittorrent and its 2 discs in bin and cue format. i monted the 2 cue formats onto my virtual drive with Alcohol 120% and installed the game. i get a message about the game might not supporting my graphics card or whatever and i click yes to proceed anyways. then it says insert disk into drive. well there the problem... i didnt burn it to a disk and dont want to unless its ABSOLUTLEY needed to. is there anything im doing wrong (this is my first time tryin to mount or even burn a cue file)? what should i do? thanks alot

tiggersbowl
01-15-2004, 04:43 AM
there is a file in cd2 that says deviance, open it up and you want to copy that .exe file over the one that was installed in the game folder on your c drive, i assume it was your c drive( wherever the game installed on your harddrive).

copy the crack over and then it should allow you to play the game using your virtual drive.

Monkeee
01-15-2004, 05:58 AM
just get the crack from cd-2 and copy it over the original exe in the game folder and you can play without the cd you dont even need to emulate :D

01-15-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by tiggersbowl@15 January 2004 - 04:43
there is a file in cd2 that says deviance, open it up and you want to copy that .exe file over the one that was installed in the game folder on your c drive, i assume it was your c drive( wherever the game installed on your harddrive).

copy the crack over and then it should allow you to play the game using your virtual drive.
ok thanks that worked but now i got another problem. i launch the game and its trying to open up then it crashes and a message comes up that says something bout crashing and to read the readme.txt file. so i read it and 1 think it said might be the problem is i need to update my drivers... remember in my 1st post i said when i lauch the game first i get a message about the game might not support my graphics card? this is what it exactly said

"Your videocard « NVIDIA GeForce2 MX » is not supported.
Your videocard does not support some required features ( MIN_SIMULTANEOUS_TEX_4 ).
Your videocard pixel shader version « 0000 » is below the minimum requirements.
Your videocard vertex shader version « 0000 » is below the minimum requirements."

so what does this mean and what should i do?
thanks

TheFilePirater
01-16-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by 3223@15 January 2004 - 17:18
Your videocard does not support some required features ( MIN_SIMULTANEOUS_TEX_4 ).
Your videocard vertex shader version « 0000 » is below the minimum requirements."
:lol: :lol: :lol: ahahahaahahah, your vid card isnt supported or its to old :lol: :lol:

01-16-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by TheFilePirater+16 January 2004 - 01:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheFilePirater @ 16 January 2004 - 01:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-3223@15 January 2004 - 17:18
:lol: :lol: :lol: ahahahaahahah, your vid card isnt supported or its to old :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
well if u wanna actually help and not spam you can tell me if there is anything i can do besides buying a new vid card or anything like that&#33; :angry: if not just tell me and ill uninstall it and get a game that works with my comp&#33;

Mobas
01-16-2004, 02:15 AM
I heard that it might be possible to play the game if you do the following settings...

Special Effects (low)
Shadow Effects (none)
water effects (off)
fog (off)
filtering (bilinear)
V Sync (enable)
Texture Quality (low)

I heard that the game will sometimes load. I also heard that the game may end short with these settings.

-----------------------------

I haven&#39;t tried the above things, so I really don&#39;t know if it works or not. It may not be worth it. Try at your own risk.... if you dare. :unsure:

01-16-2004, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Mobas@16 January 2004 - 02:15
I heard that it might be possible to play the game if you do the following settings...

Special Effects (low)
Shadow Effects (none)
water effects (off)
fog (off)
filtering (bilinear)
V Sync (enable)
Texture Quality (low)

I heard that the game will sometimes load. I also heard that the game may end short with these settings.

-----------------------------

I haven&#39;t tried the above things, so I really don&#39;t know if it works or not. It may not be worth it. Try at your own risk.... if you dare. :unsure:
the game wont even open up it just crashes when trying to open.

Mobas
01-16-2004, 03:10 AM
Oh well, I guess that all you can do is wait. Maybe a patch or some kind of hack will come out in the future to make it possible to play the game. :(

judgeofallandnothing
01-16-2004, 04:22 AM
You need a new vid card... its as easy as tat... these new pixel shader requirements are killing me too

gildan2020
01-16-2004, 05:44 AM
well, the error msg sez it all, ur video card is not powerful enuf to play the game

even if u manage to tweak the settings to the lowest, u wouldn&#39;t like the results.
i doubt patching can help coz ur video card is kinda old, the whole thing will just lags horribly.

sorry to disappoint u but..hey, at least u got an excuse to get a new video card :P

gildan2020

Skeptic
01-16-2004, 06:03 AM
Yeah .... unfortunately you won&#39;t be able to play the game at any decent quality even if you manage a workaround .. You will have to buy a new graphics card.

I had a similar problem with TR:AOD and turned down everything to the bare minimum just to get the game to load ...

Like gildan2020 said, a new graphics card is going to be a good investment if you&#39;re a dedicated PC gamer ... all the newer games require features like TnL etc for decent gameplay ... some won&#39;t even load without them ....like TR:AOD.

01-16-2004, 09:13 PM
f*** man i cant get a vid card&#33; looks like ill have 2 uninstall it.

Mobas
01-17-2004, 05:45 AM
I&#39;m too cheap to upgrade my graphics card too. Just burn the game to CD, then someday you will be able to play it when you upgrade your machine or get a new PC.

01-17-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Mobas@17 January 2004 - 05:45
I&#39;m too cheap to upgrade my graphics card too. Just burn the game to CD, then someday you will be able to play it when you upgrade your machine or get a new PC.
that will be at least 2 years b4 i upograde and maybe 4/5 years b4 i buy a new 1&#33;