PDA

View Full Version : Inner Workings Of Kazaa

01-15-2004, 02:33 PM
I have a question. And I suppose it comes down to how kazaa fundamentally works.

When you jump supernodes, do you have a chance of losing the source you are currently downloading from? Could you get put in a que, or lose the source all toegether.

When you jump nodes do you disconnect and then reconnect or is it different?

firefox
01-15-2004, 03:46 PM
seach in the FAQ, but when you jump supernodes you do not loose the sources, you just connect to a different supernode and you may acctually gain more sources and you download may speed up some. When you jump, it acctually disconnects for a second and then reconnects. The downloads will normally start back up again, but you may be put in a que

01-15-2004, 06:50 PM
So it actually disconnects you and reboots your connection to the network.

Damn, I was afraid of that.

So if you disconnect and there is a que to a user you were downloading from, how long does it usually take for someone to take your sot. Or dos it hapen instantaneously. Do you get a chance to reconnect before you lose your spot?

hammond
01-16-2004, 03:33 AM
Hi ||0

I've grown very reluctant to command the program to jump supernodes.

If You want to find more sources just leave Auto Search More on. This will after some time force the program to jump supernodes, without risk of loosing existing connections to Your sources.

I'm running 2.4.3e.

01-16-2004, 07:46 AM
What is that Kazzap thing and what does it do?

Cyril
01-16-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by hammond@16 January 2004 - 15:33
Hi ||0

I've grown very reluctant to command the program to jump supernodes.

If You want to find more sources just leave Auto Search More on. This will after some time force the program to jump supernodes, without risk of loosing existing connections to Your sources.

I'm running 2.4.3e.
If you leave auto search more on, it will eventually jump supernodes by disconnecting and reconnecting - same result.

One would expect you to lose your source if jumping supernodes and disconnect/reconnect but from my experience it does not seem to.

Joakim Agren
01-16-2004, 08:07 AM
Hello!

Use the Extract SN IP's of Dat file from the file menu in KaZuperNode
And select the dat of the file you are currently downloading. This minimises the risk of loosing the connection to downlaod that file and increase the chance of speeding up the download!. But sometimes whatever you do if it is a rare file or a very popular one you will still get slow speeds. My record when jumping Supernodes was a speed jump from 1Kbit/s to over 2000Kbits/s. But normally you dont get more then maybe 50% increase!.