PDA

View Full Version : Steps To Get Unleashed Copied

mobboss01
02-28-2003, 02:16 PM
Hi,

I know you guys know how to get this process to work for me. I have tried several sites and forums' suggesstions and they say to use the proggie Alcohol. The Sims Unleashed is encrypted with Safedisc 2.80.010, but Alcohol only dycrypts Safedisc 2. I was wondering if it is possible to either import the newer dycrypters into Alcohol, or should I just take another approach.

I was able to dump the data to my HDD, but after burning, I found that my CD would boot the splash screen, and then close after a few seconds.

If you know of a way to get this CD to burn and work, please tell me or direct me in the right direction. Thanks.

yyiryyib
02-28-2003, 02:42 PM
what are u doing, are u coping or are u making a cd image and burning that, if u havent tried that, give it a go it works most of the time 4 me, cos your not coping the cd, it makes a image of it and then burns the image onto cd, no worries

mobboss01
02-28-2003, 10:18 PM
I am using Alcohol to create images which, in turn, will be burned to disc. I was using the program to crack the code for Safedisc 2.80.010, but I could only choose Safedisc 2 and I think it didn't dycrypt the code at all.

So, I will try to rip the game to the HDD and play it from there first. But, I have a feeling that it wont make a difference whether it is on the HDD or CD. Anymore input here would be appreciated.

Benno
02-28-2003, 10:46 PM
Try a nocd crack sometimes that works for me. :)

otherwise try burning it with clonecd and ClonyXXL/profiler. You can get it here (http://www.chip.de/downloads/c_downloads_getfile_8944433.html?t=1046472365&v=3600)
Its a german page, but you can chance the language to english.

mobboss01
02-28-2003, 11:56 PM
First of all thanks for the suggesstions. I have successfully uncracked the encryption and saved two files to the HDD. They are .mds files. That is the default extension of Alcohol. So, that is like a .bin and .cue. I need to know what you do next. See, I am able to play the game, but is silly to keep it on my HDD when I can burn and play from the CD. So, do I first mount the files to my virtual drive in order to burn or what?

Benno
03-01-2003, 04:24 PM
I never used Alcohol, but there should be something that say burn image or something similar. Click it and choose the images you just made. Burn it, thats it. B)

yyiryyib
03-02-2003, 06:57 PM
u can select image burner, then just select the image, u only need to mount the image if u are playing it off your pc