PDA

View Full Version : My Screen Help!

ghetto_gurl
01-16-2004, 08:15 PM
right my screen has gon a really funny colour its horrible i no i dont need a new screen but i dont no wat it is helpppppppppp please :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

Cheese
01-16-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by ghetto_gurl@16 January 2004 - 19:15
right my screen has gon a really funny colour its horrible i no i dont need a new screen but i dont no wat it is helpppppppppp please :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:
Clean it.

ghetto_gurl
01-16-2004, 08:21 PM
funny but no :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Mad Cat
01-16-2004, 08:27 PM
Get a demagnetiser and try that.

uNz[i]
01-16-2004, 08:27 PM
Perhaps you have your PC speakers too close to your monitor?

The magnetic field from your speakers can mess up your monitor and make its colours go all screwy.

edit: What Mad Cat said will fix this.

ghetto_gurl
01-16-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Mad Cat@16 January 2004 - 20:27
Get a demagnetiser and try that.
wats that

newcster68
01-16-2004, 08:43 PM
Talking about screen, here is a good question one of you might help me with.

Everytime I turn my pc on and the main desktop comes up my screen goes black then comes back on but sets itself to 16bit resolution

http://domania.us/LWN2003/KazaaLite/Display.PNG

I then have to go back into my display properties and set it to 24bit resolution

http://domania.us/LWN2003/KazaaLite/Display2.PNG

Can anyone tell me why it keeps doing this. Never did it before and I can't understand why it keep reseting to 16bit every time I turn my pc on. :angry:

ghetto_gurl
01-16-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by newcster68@16 January 2004 - 20:43
Talking about screen, here is a good question one of you might help me with.

Everytime I turn my pc on and the main desktop comes up my screen goes black then comes back on but sets itself to 16bit resolution

http://domania.us/LWN2003/KazaaLite/Display.PNG

I then have to go back into my display properties and set it to 24bit resolution

http://domania.us/LWN2003/KazaaLite/Display2.PNG

Can anyone tell me why it keeps doing this. Never did it before and I can't understand why it keep reseting to 16bit every time I turn my pc on. :angry:
you see on that display propities the start buttons goldy thats wat colour mine is but its meant to be green help!!!!!!!!!! :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

Sid Hartha
01-16-2004, 08:57 PM
maybe your graphics card's drivers have been corrupted.

If you have the driver install disk, try re-installing.

newcster68
01-16-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Sid Hartha@16 January 2004 - 14:57
maybe your graphics card's drivers have been corrupted.

If you have the driver install disk, try re-installing.
no I dont have a graphics card driver disk. is there a way I can download it through microsoft. See i have NVidia 32mb graphics card on my pc but I took it off cause it wore out..something happened to it and it affected everything I did with my pc, so I took the card out and unistalled the drivers. I think when I did that it screwed up my display drivers that were already on here.

ghetto_gurl
01-16-2004, 09:02 PM
YOU NO THE WIRE THAT CONNECTS YOUR PC TO YOUR MONITER WHEN I WIGGLE THAT ABOUT MAH SCREEN CHANGES COLOUR :ghostface: :ghostface: :ghostface: :ghostface:

newcster68
01-16-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by ghetto_gurl@16 January 2004 - 15:02
YOU NO THE WIRE THAT CONNECTS YOUR PC TO YOUR MONITER WHEN I WIGGLE THAT ABOUT MAH SCREEN CHANGES COLOUR :ghostface: :ghostface: :ghostface: :ghostface:
check the pins at the end of your cord..if you have any pins broken off that will effect it. Are you using a graphics card. Like I said I had a nvidia 32 mb graphics card and it went bad..every time i turned my pc on and my desktop showed it would then go black then revert to 16bit resolution with green blotches on my screen, but again that my card not my cord.

Lamsey
01-16-2004, 09:06 PM
That happens when the pins in the monitor connector don't connect up properly, most commonly because they get bent. I once accidentally bent one of the pins on WeeMouse's monitor's lead and it couldn't display any red until I fixed it. :blink:

Turn off the monitor and have a look at the connector; if any of the pins are bent you'll need to use a pair of fine pliers or something to bend it/them back into shape.

ghetto_gurl
01-16-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@16 January 2004 - 21:06
That happens when the pins in the monitor connector don't connect up properly, most commonly because they get bent. I once accidentally bent one of the pins on WeeMouse's monitor's lead and it couldn't display any red until I fixed it. :blink:

Turn off the monitor and have a look at the connector; if any of the pins are bent you'll need to use a pair of fine pliers or something to bend it/them back into shape.
i think your right thanks :D :D :D :D