PDA

View Full Version : Running Low

noname12
01-16-2004, 11:56 PM
I wonder if any of you could help me out in finding a nice strategy game or RTS game. The reason I am asking is because I have pretty much downloaded and played all the ones I could find, so maybe you ppl's can suggest some.

Games I have played:
All of the C&C games
All of the Age of Empires series
War Craft 3
KKND
Hearts of Iron
Victoria
No Mans Land
1503 AD
Ground control
Star Trek: Birth of the Federation
Galactic Civilizations
and Civilization 3.

abu_has_the_power
01-17-2004, 12:13 AM
empire earth, rise of nations, cc generals and 0 hr, a lot of others

noname12
01-17-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@17 January 2004 - 00:13
empire earth, rise of nations, cc generals and 0 hr, a lot of others
oops forgot to mension I played rise of nations, and generals :lol:

Empire earth I havent played, I'll look it up, thanks :)

Xilo
01-17-2004, 01:47 AM
Empires: Dawn of the Modern World. This game kicks ass.

noname12
01-17-2004, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Xilo@17 January 2004 - 01:47
Empires: Dawn of the Modern World. This game kicks ass.
Tried it, the bast*rd never runs :lol:

Thanks for the reminder, I need to check out there tech support. :D

WolverineDK
01-17-2004, 01:53 AM
what about Warcraft 1 & 2 ? both can be dled from kazaa

bucky
01-17-2004, 02:22 AM
There's Battle Realms and winter of the wolf exp.

noname12
01-17-2004, 03:20 AM
Thanks Wolverine Xilo and Bucky, you people saved me from boredom.

These are the unsung heroes of the KL-Board (whipes tears from eyes) :lol:

Nah but seriously thanks, those should keep my busy for a while :)

CadeLaguana
01-17-2004, 09:12 AM
A lot of people don't like this game, but I say it was one of the best pc games I ever played: Warzone 2100. I still got that game laying around here somewhere, I'll have to play it again. The thing I like most about it is the amount of defenses you can build. Gun hardpoints(from a huge selection of wich gun is on it), bunkers, towers, censor stuff, over 400 customizable units(including VTOLS). It is quite old, but the pc version is better than the ps version; Reason being, you can build structures next to each other in pc, but not on the ps1 version; And of course, better graphics.

Maybe it's the type of game you have to play at it's time for it to be fun. I think it is the best RTS I have ever played, and it spoiled me. I look at C&C and see the good graphics, but then I look that you can't build barley anything. Well that's my opinion.

noname12
01-17-2004, 09:32 AM
Cade you got me drooling on that game, I'm going to look it up see if I can buy it today :lol:

Also while I was looking for empire earth I ran across a review of earth 2150 I&#39;m trying to trace down that game now but not even amazon has it <_<

Thanks for the heads up :)

CadeLaguana
01-17-2004, 09:46 AM
Well I don&#39;t want you to go and buy it and not like it. I&#39;d recommend downloading the single player demo first. There is 3 campaigns, Arizon, Urban, Colorado. I can find that demo if you want, Id recommend that. Barley anyone plays the multiplayer anymore, and support from the company is no more (pumpkin studios went outta business).

noname12
01-17-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by CadeLaguana@17 January 2004 - 09:46
Well I don&#39;t want you to go and buy it and not like it. I&#39;d recommend downloading the single player demo first. There is 3 campaigns, Arizon, Urban, Colorado. I can find that demo if you want, Id recommend that. Barley anyone plays the multiplayer anymore, and support from the company is no more (pumpkin studios went outta business).
Its cool, if I dont like it I&#39;ll just hunt you down and make you eat the plastic box... :lol:

Nah, I am a fan of all RTS games, and from what you describe that one will be a particular favourite. :)

CadeLaguana
01-17-2004, 09:53 AM
Heh ok man. Well the game came to pc I think back in 1999. I remember I had for ps, but once it came to pc, I bought it ;) . I still love it man. Cyborg production, research of over hundreds of artifacts. Build oil derics. Factories for tons of tanks. Tanks with hover propultion. VTOL&#39;s(Verticle take of and landing), full tracks, half tracks, wheels. Some of the defences are SAM sites(surface to air), for destroying the enemy VTOLS. The building of the base is fun and defending it. Great missions, and good story. Even for and old game(not that old), I still give it a 9. Anyway if you don&#39;t like it, you can come kill me :P B)

EDIT: Oh and at the begining campaign(arizona), things will start off slow. You won&#39;t have many technologies, and you will have mainly gun towers and stuff. Be sure to read the manuel to understand it. Build 1 power plant per 4 oil derics. Have a reasearch center to research artifacts(green icons that appear while discovering) and get new technology. You&#39;ll go from machine gun towers at the begining, to VTOL bases, Hard Point Flame throwers, heavy cannons, EMP, and tough ass hover tanks towards the end. It truly is a great experience. I&#39;ll shut up now :D . Like I said though, It will be hard to get the hang of at first(first time I played I hated it). Just learn it and it becomes one hell of a RTS.

noname12
01-17-2004, 10:01 AM
:lol: If those pumpkin guys hired you, I dont think they would be out of business :lol:

Appreciate the info, first time I&#39;ve anticipated (is that the right word?) a game in a long time :lol:

CadeLaguana
01-17-2004, 11:12 AM
Well you&#39;re welcome. I just hope you like it.

Actually I don&#39;t think pumpkin went out of business because they didn&#39;t make enough money, I just think they decided to close down. Not sure though.