PDA

View Full Version : Something Wierd With Xp

Cheese
01-17-2004, 01:31 AM
Rebooted computer and a message came up saying "This product needs to be activated before Windows XP will open" It then asked if I wanted to activate it.

I pressed YES and it just froze.

I rebooted same screen...I pressed YES and it rebooted.

Rebooted again pressed NO and it, went to the Username selection screen. Everytime I pressed my Username it presented me with the same activation message.

I rebooted several times to no avail.

I left the computer a while to go and sulk and then when I came back and rebooted it worked perfectly...strange.

I have a copied version of XP (too poor to afford it). I had already deactivated the product activation thing.

Anyone else have this problem? Can tell me what is going on?

I'm too worried to reboot my computer for now in case it happens again...

Mercy
01-17-2004, 05:07 AM
is it XP with service pack 1 ?
have u tried cracking the activation ?

if u have a decent d/l speed .. download windows XP sp1 integrated corprate .. or wait for the sp2 corprate .. it is still beta ...
the corprate edition doesnt require any activation

Cheese
01-17-2004, 05:09 AM
'tis windows xp pro with sp1...

I already put the activation crack in...

peat moss
01-17-2004, 05:12 AM
Can you change the s/n number? try again . Sorry I 'm confused with Pro you dont'n have to actvate! At least I never did I have pro with slipstreamed sp 1. Are you putting a crack in you don't need? Just wondering.

Im sorry you must have xp home . Just dawned om me :rolleyes:

Lite
01-17-2004, 10:12 AM
It looks like XP Pro non-corp, go get the crop ed or

google >>> windows XP activation crack

Cheese
01-17-2004, 01:06 PM
Cheers guys. It's wierd because I had to reboot this morning and it worked fine first time...perhaps (hopefully) it was a glitch, because it's been running for like 3-4 months with o trouble at all...