PDA

View Full Version : Win Mp

j2k4
02-28-2003, 06:54 PM
I've never found a media player I liked-but I find I'm kinda likin' Win MP 9; am I right or just flipping out?

imported_QuietSilence!
02-28-2003, 09:42 PM
its not bad but if u realy want the best audio player on the the markit and its free try WINamp 2.81

there is a new version of it out winamp 3.0 that has video playing abilities but its still a bit buggy but theyll get it right eventaly

btw u can still get the 2.81 version in fact u can install both versions at the same time if u want to help them bata test the new 1 they dont call it a bata but thats what it is cant wait tell they get it right. had it installed for a wile and its got some great new feachers

j2k4
03-01-2003, 01:12 AM
Thanks-I'll check 'em out. '9 does seem to be a bit of a resource hog.

Supernatural
03-02-2003, 04:21 AM
WMP 9 is a resource hog, but my fav. Much better sound and doesnt require those annoying plug-ins. Also has the VERY handy toolbar player. It integrates in the windows taskbar so it's always accesible without having to switch windows. Also monitors folders for new/edited files and automatically adds them to the playlist.

j2k4
03-02-2003, 08:22 PM
I agree with your take on the features-very easy to get around quickly. I like to keep my music files in good shape (re-tagging, etc.) and it's pretty spiffy for that. Have been playing also w/WINAMP 2.81 per recommendation (see above), it's good too, but I think as long as I can run '9 and K-lite at the same time without overtaxing resources I might continue-haven't totally made up my mind-THANKS