PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto Ideas

Wolfmight
01-17-2004, 04:29 PM
What would seem like a cool new change in an upcoming Grand Theft Auto game?

-Multi Mobster: You could have 1-2 extra mobsters that actually go around in the game earning you money off the streets and even sometimes some big bucks, but you must supply they're needs. They shouldnt interupt you during missions, but when your free to move, they will call you up or tell you some stuff when you take a visit back to your save house and you can meet they're needs to keep them moving faster. The more you help them, the faster they earn you money, weapons, etc at your house.. hell even a secret car or two once in awhile. I think they should have a speed meter in some kind of house statistics window. They slow down when you dont help them.

-Mafia Owner: You mostly plan things out with your boys and then go around watchin them do the dirty work.. or have some of the fun yourself.

-Animals: I never really noticed any animals.. There should be a few dogs-n-cats on the streets once in awhile. The mob bosses could have like tigers, panthers, etc.

-Campers: Hell yea! you could save in em, pick up weapons in em, and maybe a few other things. They should be able to blow up eventually though, but they would still be pretty fun. These should be very rare also... too many and the game would be very easy.

-Character Challeng: Some people might like this, some might not. What if your character (Tommy or whomever) would have an energy meter. Sorta like in the sims, but not as difficult. Lets say: Rest/Energy(You help this with food/or rest.. maybe secret pills as well hehe). After 2 full game days, tommy should start moving a little slower because he's tired. Your character wont pass out, but will become extremely slow. You should be able to take a nap on the street, but when you wake up.. some of your cash may be gone.

-Character stats: Character stats would be like:
Stamina: Like in vice city, but you build it up with running overtime.

Strength: With higher strength, tommy fights more agressive with certain weapons and his fists. It's bult up by fighting and useing non shooting weapons more.

Pocketing: Pick pocketing the peds.. you start with a 50% success rate, but when you max your pocketing stats you should have a 100% success rate and maybe finding more cash on people you kill.. police should have the most money on them.

got any other ideas?

TheFilePirater
01-17-2004, 04:56 PM
good stuff, really it is..but&#33; how many topics like this do we have <_<

CadeLaguana
01-17-2004, 05:11 PM
Only one, and I started that way back months ago :P . I miss the good ol&#39; parked cars. I remeber in gta 1 or 2(can&#39;t remember..I think 2), there was a bus, and if you got in it and started going, it would bring up a mission. They took it from the movie speed were you had to stay above 50 or something. That was fun. I want the "killing freenzy" back. The rampages are kind of stupid. You only kill certain gangs. The killing freenzy you just wack as many pedestrians with the gun they gave you in the time limit. I want rare guns to be not so rare. In vice city there is that sub machine gun that the hations have(I think). It has the barrel with holes in it, I&#39;d like guns like that, buyable.

I want the machine guns back on the cars. I have said that before, but it really needs em :D . I know it would probably make the missions seem more easy, but they could make it real expensive or something. Also the oil slicks were ok. Maybe some spikes that can be relased out the back of your car.

I would also like more phone missions. Don&#39;t get me wrong, GTA stories are usually good but...I&#39;d like it less linear. Not really a story. Just you&#39;re a guy and you can talk to people and ask them where to go, and how to work your way up. That is one important thing it needs, more character interaction. It would be nice to mabye stop in a bar and ask around, maybe someone there would have work for you. Then, once you start getting big doe, you can start hiaring guys. Maybe you could go to the military base and make a deal with a guy to have certain guns deliverd to your house, for a real high price. More interaction with the game. After you beat vice city and GTA 3 missions, there isn&#39;t anything left. Make more than a hundred missions, even if they are recycled old ones. If someone wants me to do a job I did in vice city, I don&#39;t care, I get to do it with new guns and in a new enviroment. Well those are my opinions, the obvious ones like swimming, you already know about ;)

Wolfmight
01-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Some weapon ideas:
Lightsaber, Exoskeliton suit, a type of truck with a trailer on the back that is inclosed, but has windows to shoot from. You could slip in while the vehicle is at a stop light.. then when it starts.. blow the shit outta everyone from within the truck&#39;s trailer&#33;

There should be funny stuff too.. like:
2 guys carrying a big glass frame across the street.
Really puffy clowns that bounce off the car undamaged
Trucks that drop giant concrete pipes
Tuff guys that jump onto your car and pound it without falling off&#33;

Mr. Mulder
01-17-2004, 06:26 PM
see how many old ladies you can help across the street in 2 minutes

CadeLaguana
01-17-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Wolfmight@17 January 2004 - 11:57
Some weapon ideas:
Lightsaber, Exoskeliton suit

There should be funny stuff too.. like:
2 guys carrying a big glass frame across the street.
Really puffy clowns that bounce off the car undamaged
Trucks that drop giant concrete pipes
Tuff guys that jump onto your car and pound it without falling off&#33;
This is GTA we&#39;re talking about here right? :lol: :P

I can understand the trailer and stuff, that would be pretty cool, but lightsabers? That is a joke right? Well it would be pretty cool :P .

Id also like cars to be more realistic. I hate when they blow up just because they flip upside down. I wouldn&#39;t mind a military jet at the base. It would be pretty fun flying a harrier around. I was thinking of destructable properties, but...as long as they came back to normal...

100%
01-17-2004, 06:34 PM
I hope they do something about
when your on a boat - its damn boring - it should be more like jetskis with jumping and surfing on waves

http://www.marcsickerling.com/jetskibilder/jetskigallerygross/monte1g.jpg

Wolfmight
01-17-2004, 09:01 PM
the lightsaber would be just a goof..

They should ad a skateboard for a little fun.. or maybe just skateboarders:
http://www.quadrarec.bc.ca/skateboard.jpg

ACID Spray Gun.. Burn them in another way&#33;
http://www.cse.ogi.edu/dot/niagara/xmlb/fawcette_wet.jpg

Wolfmight
01-22-2004, 03:17 PM
bump.

LoL, what about prostitutes giveing you STDS (Aids would be too annoying just like in real life, so that one can be excluded) .. tommy looses health slowly and you just gatta find one of those hearts in front of the hospitals.
Would be sorta funny.

He should say.. ahh my dick&#33; or something

CadeLaguana
01-22-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Wolfmight@22 January 2004 - 09:17
He should say.. ahh my dick&#33; or something
Haha now that is funny. It reminds me of the time me and my girlfriend...well...I&#39;ll save that story for another time :lol:

Damn I had one funny ass flashback with what you just said man, funny stuff :D :P

I think that getting STDs wouldn&#39;t be a good idea. I mean...a lot of people have sexualy transmited diseases and it isn&#39;t a thing to joke about. Besides, it&#39;ll just be one more thing some health company is going to complain about in cort(or someone...some damn morals person :smilie4: )

One thing about the sex with prostitutes I wouldn&#39;t mind seeing is...well...just that...SEEING it. It is pathetic to get a whore in your&#39; car, and see it rocking, only to look through the window to see everyone snug in thier own seats. I want to see the prostitute get on tommy(whoever for the next one), and fuck his brains out man. When he is done, I want to see the it spew all over the windows, and the whore come out soaking wet. Uhhh :unsure: :"> :-" . Will the board please forget about what I just said....

:frusty: *I&#39;m not a sick person*
:frusty: *I&#39;m not a sick person*

chris_lyon82
01-22-2004, 10:35 PM
The next GTA needs more exploradadble places.

And more buildings you can go inside, even if theres nothing to do in there except talk to some guy about something completely pointless.

It&#39;ll give the game more life span

Wolfmight
01-23-2004, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by chris_lyon82@22 January 2004 - 16:35
The next GTA needs more exploradadble places.

And more buildings you can go inside, even if theres nothing to do in there except talk to some guy about something completely pointless.

It&#39;ll give the game more life span
Yea, GTA 3 needs to have more of an RPG touch.
Stats, People that say pointless things, weapon upgrades, etc.
Heh, tommy should have a story behind how those secret weapons spawn in his house.
Example: Tommy does his first mission for this Ex-Marine.. sorta like Phil, but then at the end of the mission when you return.. a video plays and shows the Ex-Marine offer tommy the Python gun for free. .. then it spawns at your shack.

Or maybe an Ex-CIA agent that gives tommy this alpha version of an Excoskeleton suit (like in MGS). The suit gives tommy like 800+ extra health.. The mission you use that sucker on should be freakin 600+ health sucking atleast&#33;
heh, well maybe it could be something you get when you finish the game.. dunno.

Oh, there needs to be multiple endings&#33; Hell, give the game 3&#33;
They should all also give a few side missions afterwards which give you something cool like a S.W.A.T truck spawned with 10 fully armored-n-armed troops ready to kick some ass&#33;&#33; You release em on command (same button used to shoot the hose on the firetruck for say..)

About the stars.. there needs to be a secret red star that has a major secret to unlocking which pulls out the military copters and maybe some jets.

toddiscool
01-23-2004, 04:09 AM
The last thing that it needs is more of an RPG touch, if I wanted to think I would do some of the work that i need to do.

It needs to be kept just as it is, except more of it, random acts of violence.

The only thing that I want is a better aiming mode, using anything but a weapon with a scope is retarded in the current games, pistol&#092;uzi aiming needs to be imoroved, i dont know how how, possible a little more fps.

silentbob
01-23-2004, 04:24 AM
-Animals: I never really noticed any animals.. There should be a few dogs-n-cats on the streets once in awhile. The mob bosses could have like tigers, panthers, etc. thats all it needs, to piss off the ASPCA

chris_lyon82
01-23-2004, 06:38 PM
can&#39;t believe I forgot bout this one, but i was so disapointed with vice city when i found out it didnt have it

mulitplayer mode

up against your mate on a split screen running round the city ramming his car then pulling him out and letting rip at him wiht a uzi

and with the on line the PS an Xbox have now it&#39;ll be a sure no 1 seller. waitin with a rocket launcher an see some one come round the corner in their car and BOOM

also it should have at least 3 levels (different parts of the city) to unlock like GTA3

Wolfmight
01-24-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by silentbob@22 January 2004 - 22:24

-Animals: I never really noticed any animals.. There should be a few dogs-n-cats on the streets once in awhile. The mob bosses could have like tigers, panthers, etc. thats all it needs, to piss off the ASPCA
hell, animals are in FPS games and what not.
Why would it piss them off?
There were dogs you could shoot in Tomb Raider games, so that dont make no damn jack donkin sense. (eh, new oldskool phrases..)

I agree with Chris.. multiplayer mode over a LAN should allow up to like 6 players work in some kind of Multiplayer game mode. There should be different levels that require atleast 2 players to work together since they are so difficult.

Wolfmight
01-27-2004, 05:00 AM
hmm what about Remote Controlled Missles.. heh, cops shouldnt become alerted when you blow they&#39;re ass away with em ether.. (Unless they are right in front of ya,,)

100%
01-27-2004, 09:30 AM
A snow section - only when you go up hi in the hills (like gta3) you get snow - with snow scooters&#092;skis etc

the ice cream truk and pizza boy runs are just stupid
i liked the mini airplane thing race but not all of them

Wolfmight
01-27-2004, 02:38 PM
First Person Shooting view.. ? Anyone?

Eh, i guess the sniper and other guns only need it anyway which they already have..

100%
01-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Wolfmight@27 January 2004 - 15:38
First Person Shooting view.. ? Anyone?

Eh, i guess the sniper and other guns only need it anyway which they already have..

Totally agree, groovy - but optional

100%
01-27-2004, 09:55 PM
From now on I want to be payed for ideas.

Wolfmight
03-17-2004, 08:26 PM
Who thinks San Andreas is gonna have our ideas?
I&#39;m sure the game designers get some people to scan the internet for forum topics on suggestions. They could gather data on categorys and form a chart. Whatever comes out to the highest percentage has a higher chance to be placed in the game. I would do this if i were Rockstar.

edit: Another Idea:
Cloaking device that lasts for a limited amount of time.
This sucker would allow you to go into even the highest security areas without gettin shot down.

dinner123
03-17-2004, 10:51 PM
being able to parachute out of a helicopter into or onto a building.plus some better air missions.

also,does anyone think that some stealth sections will be shoved in here for the sake of it.they better not be <_< <_<

Wolfmight
03-17-2004, 11:06 PM
I hope they dont do somethin like Konami did on MGS2. I dont want to play a Gay man with a skin tight suit that makes me constantly look away from his ASS area. New clothes on tommy is coo though. Heh, maybe even a hat.. that can fall off.

Hey yea.. hats, shades, and other add on gear would be kinda cool to have in the game. You should be able to buy em and/or kill peds to get em. You probably should have to confirm the item pickup by pressing a button on top of those items.. that way you dont have to accidentally switch shit around all the time.

Haz
03-18-2004, 03:06 AM
I remember Rockstar saying once that they will never have kids or animals in a GTA game, said it just wasn&#39;t funny and something about no swimming either.

I still like my original idea of turning it into more of a sim, not completely, just a little bit, dump the story and everything, and just let players craft their own.

bkdvnyc
03-18-2004, 04:31 AM
um if u guys werne&#39;t aware there is a mod for gta that u can play against each other online www.mtavc.com it&#39;s for pc only

Twist3r
03-18-2004, 04:42 AM
:D what the next gta needs is more interactive levels, like getting into every building, breaking through ceillings and shooting the shit out of the people below, stuff like that

Wolfmight
03-18-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Haz@17 March 2004 - 21:06
I remember Rockstar saying once that they will never have kids or animals in a GTA game, said it just wasn&#39;t funny and something about no swimming either.

I still like my original idea of turning it into more of a sim, not completely, just a little bit, dump the story and everything, and just let players craft their own.
What&#39;s wrong with swimming? hmm I guess people would like fall off boats sometimes, and just get stuck in the water swimming to shore all slow for about 10 mins. Yea, i guess that would sorta be annoying. He should be able to swim for a limited amount of time though.

I understand about kids and animals, but they did include old people. That&#39;s not very nice to just have innocent 70-80 year old people just get slaughtered. heh it&#39;s funny how they still kick yo ass if you punch them in the game.

I hope every building in the game has something you can walk in to. A few secret buildings should require you to blow the locked door off with a rocket laucher.

There should also be some more "street economy" such as hotdog carts(you can buy health from them, or kill em for nothin), sidewalk stores, newstands, and some people playin music for coins. I think it would really add to the realism with these, because you spend most of the time on the street anyways. Oh yea, some of these things need to be in random spots such as the hotdog cart guys, etc.