PDA

View Full Version : Remotely Alter Different Users Settings

LSA
02-28-2003, 10:04 PM
I really need a program that can remotely alter setting in a different user name. I need to change res and color

On my user name the res is so low I can even see the get down to change the res, and the color is black and white! (no I didnt set it that low!)

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

yAk
03-01-2003, 03:44 PM
What OS are you using? I can't think of anything since Win 3.11 that'd run in mono or at lower than 640*400, and even then you could still see everything... Anyways, try booting in "Safe Mode" (press F3, F5, or F8 during startup -- it varies from version to version. :) -- this will start you in 640*480, 16 colours, from where you can make any changes you need. AFAIK no version of Windows has the facility to set different res/colourdepth on a user-to-user basis (which sucks!), so whatever changes you make here will be universally applied.

YMMV... :huh:

Supernatural
03-02-2003, 05:11 AM
I think you HAVE to be logged in to change settings. Unless you mess with system.ini files. But I wouldn't even dare such a thing. :unsure:

LSA
03-02-2003, 02:01 PM
I got a little batch utility where you make a shortcut with command lines that tell what res you want

http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=1425