PDA

View Full Version : A Really Big "what If"

Keikan
01-18-2004, 12:48 PM
I just thought about my birth certificate for some reason so I think What if I lost my birth certificate and I have no proof to show I'm a citizen? Would I be deported? Where would I be deported to? If they ask me where I came from, I would probably say HK. So when I get there, I would have to apply to be a immigrant? What if they didn't accept me? Where would I go...?

People say I have problems.

zacspeed
01-18-2004, 02:42 PM
I needed my birth certificate about 4 years ago to obtain a passport. After realising I had thrown it away in the last major clear out :huh: , I rang Sheffield registry office. I was asked for my D/O/B, parents names & the hospital I was born in. £3 & about 4 days later, BINGO! A shiny new birth certificate landed on my door mat. :blink:

UKMan
01-18-2004, 02:45 PM
Just send them to me, i'll tell 'em who you really are... The REAL Administrator right?? :)

Hmm... complex problem that.. are your parents still alive, do you have your fingerprints registered somewhere, do you have a passport, do you have photographic eveidence of whom you are somewhere, are your dental records registered somewhere, do you have a drivers licence...??

Hope this helps :unsure:

Peace
UKMan

Mr. Mulder
01-18-2004, 02:57 PM
You should always keep your birth certificate safe, if you don't, they have you killed and make it look like an accident :shifty:

vidcc
01-18-2004, 05:51 PM
not sure which country you are in now but if the immigration service has already seen your birth cert. then you will not need to show it to them again and will not be deported. You should be able to obtain a copy from the registry office in the country you were born, but then the possesion of a certificate is not proof of who you really are on its own

100%
01-18-2004, 06:03 PM
You could always become a Reborn Christian
(although i dont know if they give Certificates other than that you get a glazed smile on your face )

Keikan
01-19-2004, 12:41 AM
It's only a "what if" remember, but I was born in canada so I'm not an immigrant