PDA

View Full Version : Disney Blatently Against Filesharing

ztella
03-01-2003, 01:02 AM
I just sat down for some good TV watching and was flipping through the channels and saw a cartoon that was talking about a program called E-Jackster. Knowing it was a reference to napster I tuned in. It was a cartoon on the disney channel and a girl in the cartoon was downloading songs off the internet. She apparently downloaded the most in the world and got in trouble from the police. Her parents then decide to disipline her. her parents decidde to show her what the filesharing has done. She see taht all her favorite music stores ahve gone out of business and the rcord labels are losing their money. Also she sees rappers that lose their homes because they have no money. She feels so bad that she comes to the conclusion that filesharing is stealing. She begins to tell everyone that it is stealing (specificly the audience). And the episode ends.

I do beleive that filesharing has a new enemy in disney. They have alot of power socially. If they decide to continue this propaganda then the country could oppose filesharing programs... that could be a little trouble.

SniperInTheShadows
03-01-2003, 01:18 AM
LOL I can't wait to see if anyone come's out with a movie based on The Terminator trying to get across the same message LOL

'Hasta La Vista P2P" NOT

And "Brb" instead of "I'll be back" LOL

Thank's for letting us know about the cartoon, it made me laugh :)

Skillian
03-01-2003, 01:20 AM
Man, I wanna see that! :lol:

I hope someone puts it on Kazaa

Sneepboy
03-01-2003, 01:22 AM
HAHAHA, thats kinda funny. Oh well, it isn't going away anytime soon. They better get used to it. Ever heard of Microsoft? They make the operating systems that a huge percentage of the computers in the world use. Check this out:
"Microsoft introduced additions to Windows XP designed to make the operating system better tuned for peer-to-peer applications.The software giant on Wednesday unveiled a beta, or testing version, of the Windows XP Peer-to-Peer Software Development Kit. The programming tools are designed to let software providers or corporate developers more easily build peer-to-peer applications on top of Windows XP. ...
Microsoft also plans to build peer-to-peer application programming interfaces (APIs) into Windows XP. For example, with the planned APIs, Windows XP will allow devices on a peer network to find and interact with each other automatically."
And let me complete my post with a LINK (http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-986127.html) to this info.
Its a small world after all, its a small world after all, its a small world after all,
its a small world after all.

Wolfmight
03-01-2003, 01:22 AM
I saw the same thing on a show called: The Proud Family. also on disney. some girl downloaded all these songs cause some gangster guy showed her how.. Then they had a rapper guy all mad cause the girl helped steal his new album and he never made any money. craza

Wolfmight
03-01-2003, 01:24 AM
musta been same show

Crazycol
03-01-2003, 01:27 AM
You Americans have the strangest shows!!!!

danne
03-01-2003, 01:27 AM
Oh my. That must've been a most hilarious show. Well, no matter what they do, they can't stop this train. Heh... those funny cartoons of Metallica springs to mind ;)

ztella
03-01-2003, 01:28 AM
The shows name was the Proud Family

J'Pol
03-01-2003, 01:37 AM
Bogus Post.

SideSwiped
03-01-2003, 01:41 AM
That has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of, but there is some concern from the p2p point of view, however, the way I look at it, all we gotta tell them if they start getting stupid on us is that if they thought sales were down before..............wait for the hundreds of millions ppl that do share to completely stop buying media. I mean, yeah, so, we share, but how many of us also buy music and movies? I know I do, I buy a lot actually. We already know prices are too high and I suppose one could go to walmart, but who the hell wants music that's been edited for the kiddies?

lunatacs
03-01-2003, 02:02 AM
lol this was on tv? what channal? today? :lol:

SHIFTY
03-01-2003, 02:09 AM
i agree you americans have the strangest shows
how stupid is this man. GROW UP DISNEY
you'll never stop us im sick of everyone pissing
and moaning about what they hear with the
closing down of P2P's it will never end
NEVER I TELL YOU
if microsoft supports it WE WIN!

random nut
03-01-2003, 02:37 AM
Disney is evil. No wonder they killed bambi (or his/her mom).

scribblec
03-01-2003, 04:01 AM
i wanna see this any one got a link
or anythiong to download

daveyjones
03-01-2003, 04:57 AM
i am a pirate, i won't say more that could get me into trouble but dinsey isn't exaggerating with that cartoon, i'm going to be honest, the MAJORITY of what i've seen on other kazza users is copyrighted material hell almost ALL of it is. While disney is over generalizing that all peer to peer sharing is bad (some things are NOT copyrighted you know) disney is for the most part right . I'm not going to deny that many or shall i say most of my fellow p2p pirates break the law and do so knowingly .These companies have a legal right to try and defend themselves against us .In my state we have a company called the warehouse which sells only Music CD's i remeber they were doing just GREAT back 4 , 5 years ago but now they have to close 12 of their 20 stores in my state and its not because everyone stoped listing to popular music. i don't hold it against disney that they are trying to get their point across and neither should you , i wish them the best in this conflict.

p.s i don't buy any type of media whats so ever now .

kAb
03-01-2003, 05:31 AM
not that much great music coming out these days anyways.. i&#39;ve bought about 5 cds recently... and when napster came out, music sales went up <_<

and since it has shut down, music sales have gone down.. :blink:

edit: and o yeah, the topic, disney sucks. they used to have good movies for kids. i obviously don&#39;t watch them anymore but from what ads i&#39;ve seen, many of their new movies look terrible. i mean, treasure planet? wtf? whatever happened to good old bambi and alice in wonderland??

SolidWing68
03-01-2003, 06:11 AM
You got disney channel? just wait and see I guess...I know I will

mrcall1969
03-01-2003, 10:47 AM
Hey, you can&#39;t blame Disney and other companies, if you owned a shop but the guy in the shop next door was stealing your stock and giving it away for nothing, you&#39;d be a bit pissed too&#33;

What we do is wrong, we all know it, but take the chance. So I don&#39;t see why we should complain if a company takes steps to protect their interests, we&#39;ve just got to find ways to stay 1 step in front of them.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-01-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by mrcall1969@1 March 2003 - 05:47
Hey, you can&#39;t blame Disney and other companies, if you owned a shop but the guy in the shop next door was stealing your stock and giving it away for nothing, you&#39;d be a bit pissed too&#33;

What we do is wrong, we all know it, but take the chance. So I don&#39;t see why we should complain if a company takes steps to protect their interests, we&#39;ve just got to find ways to stay 1 step in front of them.
;) I agree totally.....what they should of done years ago was work with us.It is too late now.The RIAA is going against everything alot of us saw when we started this game.

Leech_Killer
03-01-2003, 12:03 PM
We can hardly complain about companies trying to protect their interests. After all the poor music companies have invested greatly at ripping off the artists and public. They need our support.

Yeah right&#33;&#33;&#33;

I mean this is hardly a new threat to them, I can remember as a child borrowing music albums from the library only to tape them when I got home and some years ago Amstrad produced a twin deck video recorder. This copying of copyrighted material has always being around, granted it’s on a much larger scale now as more people have access to the technology. They might be able to pick us off one by one, but for everyone they get another ten take they place. They’re never going to stop us. They just need to make it more viable for us to buy originals instead of copies. How, who knows but a price drop would go a long way.

Leech_Killer
03-01-2003, 12:15 PM
One of the other things they need to do is drop this crap of releasing a movie in the States first. I mean what’s that all about. Is it that the average American needs more time to understand the plot than the rest of the world or what? Why should we over here in the UK have to wait to see films we’ve made just so that the Americans can see them first?

Now I know I’m going off the topic, but I’m already on my high horse. Why is it every piece of software I install asks me if I want ‘American English’. Erm I’m sorry to bust your bubble but we invented English in England that’s why it’s called English. You want independence well go and get your own language. OK I’ve said my piece I’m getting out the saddle now.

Sneepboy
03-01-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Leech_Killer@1 March 2003 - 06:15
One of the other things they need to do is drop this crap of releasing a movie in the States first. I mean what’s that all about. Is it that the average American needs more time to understand the plot than the rest of the world or what? Why should we over here in the UK have to wait to see films we’ve made just so that the Americans can see them first?

Now I know I’m going off the topic, but I’m already on my high horse. Why is it every piece of software I install asks me if I want ‘American English’. Erm I’m sorry to bust your bubble but we invented English in England that’s why it’s called English. You want independence well go and get your own language. OK I’ve said my piece I’m getting out the saddle now.
I have no idea why movies are released here first. Maybe we are a "test" market?

About the English though. It isn&#39;t really "American English" it is English XP. It was marketed to us
as a "better" English. Our forefathers were told if we used it, our words would&#39;nt crash so much. So what did we do? We make up tounge twisters and rap music. Oh well, I guess you just cant win.

Now slightly more seriously, how about Spanish? The spanish spoken in Mexico isn&#39;t exactly the same as it&#39;s mother country Spain. I think language evolves. I think due to different dialects and accents, languages change in different parts of the world. Anyways, Im just guessing. Im not nearly stoned enough for this conversation.

Peace

mrcall1969
03-01-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Leech_Killer@1 March 2003 - 13:15
Erm I’m sorry to bust your bubble but we invented English in England that’s why it’s called English. You want independence well go and get your own language. OK I’ve said my piece I’m getting out the saddle now.
Sorry to have to correct you, but English is actually made up from a lot of different languages fused together (Latin, Saxon, various parts of the Scandanavian language, Gaelic etc) So I guess American English is just an off shoot, as is Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Australian etc.

Please don&#39;t turn this into another Xenophobic thread.

namzuf9
03-01-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by mrcall1969@1 March 2003 - 17:55
Please don&#39;t turn this into another Xenophobic thread.
I&#39;ll second that- racism is not just about colour. Lets keep it friendly.

J'Pol
03-01-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by mrcall1969+1 March 2003 - 18:55--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrcall1969 @ 1 March 2003 - 18:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Leech_Killer@1 March 2003 - 13:15
Erm I’m sorry to bust your bubble but we invented English in England that’s why it’s called English. You want independence well go and get your own language. OK I’ve said my piece I’m getting out the saddle now.
Sorry to have to correct you, but English is actually made up from a lot of different languages fused together (Latin, Saxon, various parts of the Scandanavian language, Gaelic etc) So I guess American English is just an off shoot, as is Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Australian etc.

Please don&#39;t turn this into another Xenophobic thread. [/b][/quote]
What&#39;s xylophonic bread, a musical sandwich.

Seriously languages evolve and change. They are living and belong to the people that speak them. American English is a different language, in a very real way. There are different words for the same thing and the same words mean different things. I am sure that within the USA, being such a big place, there are different versions of English.

I can assure you that I do not speak the same language as a Londoner. Which is better, well that&#39;s a value judgement and is purely subjective.

Lamsey
03-01-2003, 10:16 PM
to get back vaguely on-topic:

As more people pirate, the media companies have to charge more to make up for the loss.
As the prices go up, more people turn to acquiring pirate stuff.
As more people pirate, the media companies have to charge more to make up for the loss.
And so on... it&#39;s a vicious circle.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-01-2003, 10:28 PM
http://members.aol.com/oneshinigami/images/jmif_or_jimf.jpg
Isn&#39;t it JimF??? :o

Getting back on topic: aww, Lamsey best me to it :P

Lamsey
03-01-2003, 10:30 PM
It appears to be JmiF now... seems the admins are picking on him for some reason.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-01-2003, 10:34 PM
:D Maybe its short for Jimmi F...? :huh: oh well... ok no more getting off topic now... :D

Bender
03-01-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@1 March 2003 - 23:30
It appears to be JmiF now... seems the admins are picking on him for some reason.
Not really :rolleyes: , HERE (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=18168) is the thread.

Back on topic (again):
Maybe the industry should ask REASONABLE prices for their stuff.
I mean, 20€ for a CD? Come on&#33; :angry:

matt526
03-25-2005, 04:56 PM
I think this cartoon is just the beginning. It’s the MPAA and RIAA's
only chance. They need to get the age group (2years-10years) thinking like they do.
They know there is no way to win against the older generation (11years and up)

http://www.faithzone.com/baby.jpg
Then again it never to early to start file sharing.

Snee
03-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Dude, it's been two years.

Poor rappers tho' :crying:

RPerry
03-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Dude, it's been two years.

I noticed that too, hopefully it won't become a trend. didn't realize it until I got to RN's post though :rolleyes: