PDA

View Full Version : Asus A7v8x-x Bios-ey Problem

DarthInsinuate
01-18-2004, 08:24 PM
i tried to flash my bios but after i reboot it can't start up again and the internal speaker beeps continuously, the only things i can do is go to Bios setup or EZflash, when i restored it to the original Bios it was fine again :frusty:

if it has any significance it also beeps once when i turn on the power, and the whole system freezes when i try to install PcProbe or Asus update or within a minute of starting Star Wars: KOTR

B_U_B_B_A
01-18-2004, 10:08 PM
does that board have the post reporter?? if it does try switching it on and c if she tells u anythin

Virtualbody1234
01-18-2004, 10:27 PM
Are you sure the BIOS update it for exactly that board?

Did you clear the CMOS after the update?

One beep means that all is well.

DarthInsinuate
01-19-2004, 12:15 AM
its definately the right BIOS update

if by clearing CMOS you mean taking out the battery and shorting the jumper, no i haven't tried that - the guide on the ASUS website says that you can just enter setup and load the defaults

Virtualbody1234
01-19-2004, 12:49 AM
Redownload it just to be sure.

You don't need to remove the battery.

Just set the jumper to the clear CMOS position for a few seconds then put it back to the normal position.

I always clear it after an upgrade.

Smurfette
01-19-2004, 06:02 AM
Most manufactirers recommend clearing CMOS before you update, too.

DarthInsinuate
01-19-2004, 04:03 PM
haven't had a chance to try clearing CMOS (i have an exam tomorrow, i shouldn't be here really)

but Star Wars started working i can't remember if i changed anything :confused:
also Asus update install instead of crashing immendiatly sometimes says it can't detect a Asus motherboard :blink: