PDA

View Full Version : Old Skool Windows Media Playerz

Wolfmight
03-01-2003, 02:09 AM
click Start and Run. Type one of the following (without quotes)

"mplayer2" to run WMP 6.2

"mplay32" to run the super-old version in Windows 3.1

These open up very fast and are very usefull if you want to test music tracks as the audio for a video.
You can also try test mixs of songs this way.

Btw, have you ever looked in the C:\WINDOWS\ and C:\WINDOWS\system32 directorys very closely?
They got alot of old apps from older operating system versions..EVEN if you only did fresh install of Windows XP or something. *WARNING* Be very carefull.

There are alot of little tools-n-stuff that can be usefull sometimes.
I noticed there was even a Registry Scanner in there which checked your registry for errors. I think it's outdated though, better go with Norton ultilities instead or something.

I use Norton System Works 2003, NEVER use SpeedDisk..that @#$%*ing slows your computer down.. Onlt use Windows XP defrag to *speed* up your disk.
I've allways had good outcomes with all the other stuff that app has though.. Even the Norton WinDoctor...heck, it fixed 300 somethin problems when I first used...I saw 2x speed increase lol, not kidding.

Norton WinDoctor will fix n e errors you might creat when messin with the windows dir.

G/L B)

Wolfmight
03-01-2003, 02:12 AM
Oh forgot something:
When you run the older Windows Media Players... You might get a message saying the following:
Media Player settings have been changed by another program. As a result, Media Player may not work correctly..

Just Ignore this, Clicking Yes or No wont mess anything up. It's just confused about the new Windows media player registry settings and stuff u got now on your version 7, 9, whatever. nothing to worry about

Sir_Loki
03-01-2003, 04:22 PM
WMP 6.2 is the best, newer versions are the same plus a shitload of shit on em' only making them unstable. So if you ensist on using Windows Media Player, use that one :)

PcH
03-03-2003, 01:34 AM
Interesting... :o

SolidWing68
03-03-2003, 07:52 PM
There's a website, called olderversions.com and there are old skool window media playerz there..

TRshady
03-03-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Wolfmight@1 March 2003 - 02:09
click Start and Run. Type one of the following (without quotes)

"mplayer2"  to run WMP 6.2

"mplay32"  to run the super-old version in Windows 3.1

These open up very fast and are very usefull if you want to test music tracks as the audio for a video.
You can also try test mixs of songs this way.
Ha, when you open a file on 3.1 it opens media folder with windows sounds (log off etc) Classic beats. :lol:

edit: thanks for that.

Wolfmight
03-05-2003, 04:32 AM
hehe, bill is weird