PDA

View Full Version : Movie Trouble

guns
01-19-2004, 08:31 AM
I down Loaded a couple of movies and when i play them they come up how long the are but will only play 3 seconds can anyone tell me what is happening and can i fix it

~FunK_mOb~
01-19-2004, 08:44 AM
Are these finished dowloads your talking about or were you just previewing a movie?You can always use videolan to check if the file is corrupted or not.
If videolan can't play it for more than 3seconds then the file is corrupted and all you can do with it is delete it.
You can download videolan here (http://www.videolan.org/)

;)

Cyril
01-19-2004, 09:40 AM
Also make sure you have the ltest codec pack installed, and try BS Player as well. If it dowsn't play through BS or Videolan it is corrupt.

katk
01-23-2004, 04:40 PM
I have been having the same problem. I deleted 2 parts of a 4 part movie, before I figured out that if I move the sliding bar (in Real Player) just a little way, before it stops itself, it will continue playing to the end.
If anyone knows a fix for this, it would be greatly appreciated!

I am a newbie, and I am really confused about all the file types and such, so if there is any kind of advice, I would really appreciate it. Talk to me like a 10 year old child, and maybe I can get it. LOL

Kat

4th gen
01-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by katk@23 January 2004 - 15:40
I have been having the same problem.  I deleted 2 parts of a 4 part movie, before I figured out that if I move the sliding bar (in Real Player) just a little way, before it stops itself, it will continue playing to the end. 
If anyone knows a fix for this, it would be greatly appreciated!

I am a newbie, and I am really confused about all the file types and such, so if there is any kind of advice, I would really appreciate it.  Talk to me like a 10 year old child, and maybe I can get it.  LOL

Kat
First step would be to stop using real player :)

Do you have any codec packs installed? If you have the K-Lite codec pack, you should have got a player called "BS Player". BS Player is superior to Real Player, so you should try using it instead. If you get to a bad frame in the video (due to corruption through bad encoding, transfer etc.) the player may falter and stop playing the file. In order to fix this, get a program called "DivFix" (note that this will only work with *.AVI files (DivX)). DivFix should allow you to repair any corrupted frames in the video and hopefully you'll be able to watch the full length of the video as intended.

katk
01-28-2004, 04:52 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I got DivFix, but have no idea how to use it. I ran the Check Errors, but don't know what to do from there.
:helpsmile:

By the way, I have dl several more with the same problem. Could it be something I am running while downloading?

Kat

Cyril
01-28-2004, 09:37 AM
If you use Div Fix it will check for errors and create a new file if there were errors fixed. Use BS Player and/or Videolan and you should have no problems.