PDA

View Full Version : Radeon 9000pro & Tv-out

KANADIANborn
03-01-2003, 08:58 AM
Downloaded a few movie and was wanting to watch'em on the TV instead of my monitor. There's no quality at all :( Looks like interference (if I ever saw it) like when you see a computer screen being filmed on tv with resolution lines slowly going bottom to top. no sharp edges. Could it be the rca cord I'm using?(I'm using the patch-cord that comes with the PS1 "red/yellow/white").

"The Avatar Man"
03-01-2003, 10:00 AM
YOU MAY ALSO HAVE THE WRONG REFRESH RATE ON YOUR SETTINGS ;)

Supernatural
03-02-2003, 03:38 AM
Yea, the resolution and refresh have the adjusted accordingly to be veiwed probably on a television. I have no idea what these settings are, however. Check the manual or the website.

Skillian
03-02-2003, 03:41 AM
You might also want to try using a decent cable. The difference in quality between a cheap crappy cable and a decent one is pretty big.

Edit: Try also not to run the cable alongside other cables. Unless the cable is shielded it can receive interference.

3RA1N1AC
03-10-2003, 09:10 AM
change the "dot crawl" setting in your ATI drivers.

poli
03-11-2003, 01:54 AM
I've gotten the same card and I have watched tons of movies on my tv and they work perfect... Are they poor quality movies?

KANADIANborn
03-11-2003, 05:03 AM
I've tried many (all) refresh rates from 60 to 100. I'm thinking it's the cords, when I the rez and both the monitor and tv go "black" for a second there's lines of distortion on the tv (interference?).

YOU MAY ALSO HAVE THE WRONG REFRESH RATE ON YOUR SETTINGS ;)
sorry if I offended you(capps), but you don't have to yell :P

ToraBoraDweller
03-11-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Skillian@2 March 2003 - 04:41
You might also want to try using a decent cable. The difference in quality between a cheap crappy cable and a decent one is pretty big.

Edit: Try also not to run the cable alongside other cables. Unless the cable is shielded it can receive interference.
I can verify this.
I used to have a 10 mtr cable to my tv,with awful picture result,
recently I bought a 5 mtr cable and I now have good picture & sound. ;)