PDA

View Full Version : Windows Mediaplayer 9

ButWay
01-19-2004, 03:14 PM
How do I delete/uninstall wmp 9? and can I run in to any complications by doing that.

I'm running a win xp machine

ck-uk
01-19-2004, 03:20 PM
Control panel ,add/remove programs ,on the left add/remove windows components.Atleast with the older versions of wmp, :unsure: about 9 i havn'nt got it installed mate. :)

Finch
01-19-2004, 03:32 PM
Your computer should've automatically made a restore point when you installed WMP9. Go to All programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Then just revert it to before you installed WMP9. Nothing will happen to your media files.

Hope that helps

ButWay
01-19-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Finch@19 January 2004 - 15:32
Your computer should've automatically made a restore point when you installed WMP9. Go to All programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Then just revert it to before you installed WMP9. Nothing will happen to your media files.

Hope that helps
that would probably have helped if it wasn't wmp 8 (my bad) that come whit xp and as far as I know I never installed it, at least not as a separate program.

so the question is have do you unistall wmp 8?

Cheers

Edit:

Control panel ,add/remove programs ,on the left add/remove windows components.Atleast with the older versions of wmp, about 9 i havn'nt got it installed mate.

That worked thanks... It was too simple I never would toughed of that. I mean usual when you want to remove something thats integrated with windows you have to go trough hell

Edit2:
I spoke to fast it only removes the shortcuts so the question still stands.