PDA

View Full Version : Catalyst 4.1 Out

adamp2p
01-20-2004, 05:47 PM
New features include:
ATI OVERDRIVE™ Enhancement

ATI OVERDRIVE™ maximizes the performance of the graphic accelerator by increasing the speed of the graphics processor. This is done by constantly monitoring the temperature of the graphics processor, so that the maximum clock speed can always be maintained.
The latest rendition of ATI OVERDRIVE™ now provides the user with more information on the temperature and frequency of their graphics processor. This feature is supported under the Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows 98/98SE and Millennium operating systems, and is supported on the following ATI RADEON™ products:

OpenGL Shading Language Enhancement

This release improves support for the OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL), a flexible, forward-looking, and hardware-independent high-level graphics programming language. The OpenGL Shading Language, defined as an open standard by the OpenGL Architecture Review Board, allows application developers to take advantage of the powerful programmable vertex and pixel processing units present in the 3D graphics system. This release includes changes to increase compliance with the final ratified GLSL specifications, adds support for projective texture sampling, and improves support for interactions between GLSL-based rendering and traditional fixed-function vertex and pixel processing. Developers who are interested in using the OpenGL Shading Language should visit our website http://www.ati.com/developer for more details and documentation.

Issues Resolved in CATALYST™ Version 4.1
Display corruption is no longer seen when running the applications 3DSMax or Inventor
Moving a sample in the program SolidWorks 2003 or 2004 from one display to a secondary display no longer results in the sample not being refreshed on the secondary display
Starting the TV with a 4:3 aspect ratio in Overlay Theater Mode along with video out enabled no longer displays an error if the video window is dragged off screen
Playing the game Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9000 series card installed no longer results in the skaters' shadow not being completely drawn
Playing the game Line of Sight Vietnam under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9200 series installed no longer results in the game menu appearing black when setting the Anti-Aliasing option to 1 or 2
Changing the resolution in Halo while playing in the middle of a Campaign no longer results in a reboot of the machine. This issue was known to occur under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9000 series installed
Running the game Halo PC under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9700 series installed no longer results in display corruption being seen on the barrel of the shot gun
And much more.

Download the drivers: Here (http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/radeonwdm-xp.html?type=xp&prodType=graphic&prod=productsXPdriver&submit.x=11&submit.y=8) :)

Mad Cat
01-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Nice. Thanks for pointing it out Adam :)

adamp2p
01-20-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Mad Cat@20 January 2004 - 10:29
Nice. Thanks for pointing it out Adam :)
Anytime, pal. B)

Edit: and you might want to read this, too:

[ATi Catalyst 4.1 Drivers Tested] (http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=388&s=1)

Mad Cat
01-20-2004, 08:58 PM
Wooah! The temperature of my 9800XT is up at 77 degrees C. This is not good...

Virtualbody1234
01-20-2004, 09:57 PM
77C?

Is that only with the new driver?
Is the cooling fan working?

Mad Cat
01-20-2004, 11:50 PM
The fan is on the underside of the card so it should be working fine. From what I can see its all ok too. This is damn scary.

EDIT: I couldn't see temp before this driver so I don't know.

Mad Cat
01-20-2004, 11:58 PM
Gonna buy more case fans at the weekend and see if I can get better airflow.

My mobo temp is very high now too. Gonna let this thing rest more till I get more fans.

_John_Lennon_
01-21-2004, 12:01 AM
Does it have an actual overclocking tool?

Not exactly seeing the trusty old slider area that alot of OCing utilities have.

bigdawgfoxx
01-21-2004, 02:00 AM
Thanks for telling us bout it Adam!

bigdawgfoxx
01-21-2004, 02:34 AM
How can I see my temps with this new set of drivers?

SciManAl
01-21-2004, 03:59 AM
test probe...

Thermometer...
If the drivers you used to have had options that are now gone go to the section and get the drivers for your card... they will help for functionality, also All-In-Wonder card holders need to do the same or fear the removal of such features as the Tv input, Remote, and other wonderfull things...

adamp2p
01-21-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@20 January 2004 - 18:34
You can't big dawg. Only the XT line has built in themal diodes.

_John_Lennon_
01-21-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@20 January 2004 - 19:01
Does it have an actual overclocking tool?

Not exactly seeing the trusty old slider area that alot of OCing utilities have.
:helpsmile: