PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Format A Linux Harddrive?

miccheck1516
01-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Just like the topic title asks, how do i format a linux harddrive, im getting one given to me. I want to use it simply for storage so i wont need to install a new OS on it, i will be running it with windows XP home.

Thanks

shn
01-20-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by miccheck1516@20 January 2004 - 12:39
Just like the topic title asks, how do i format a linux harddrive, im getting one given to me. I want to use it simply for storage so i wont need to install a new OS on it, i will be running it with windows XP home.

Thanks
Just delete the partitions. If its not in use but attached to your box then you can just delete that within windows using disk management.

right click your "my computer icon" and click manage then select disk management and when you see the hard drive just delete away. :)

Or you could simply proceed to install your xp and Im sure windows will give you an option to use that drive after it deletes the unrecognized partition.

Or get partition magic (a cracked version) and delete it that way. Once it comes to the point you dont need the data then really doesnt matter how you delete the partitions.

There is not a huge difference between deleting ms partitions as opposed to linux.