PDA

View Full Version : Cnc Generals Cd1

JC-Denton
03-01-2003, 02:51 PM
the language.cab is corrupt! and it won't install without it
what can i do now? :huh: ? anyone got this language.cab?

tilen76
03-01-2003, 03:12 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I got it, but it's 355 MB. :o

I could mail it to you. :lol:

;)

P.S. Your welcome my friend.

jetje
03-01-2003, 03:25 PM
these are the questions we have those nice new rooms for B)

no offence, but i move it to that room

oipo
03-01-2003, 08:35 PM
u know whats sooo funny??

i dont have that file while i CAN play c&c: generals!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sayl00
03-01-2003, 09:17 PM
I've downloaded cd1 4 times now and all the files were corrupt, language.cab, audio or speech, so i've decided to wait until some1 find the solution... anyway is there a solution?

JC-Denton
03-02-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by sayl00@1 March 2003 - 22:17
I've downloaded cd1 4 times now and all the files were corrupt, language.cab, audio or speech, so i've decided to wait until some1 find the solution... anyway is there a solution?
hmmmm, i downloaded cd1 again and it works fine for me now.

DarkEternityNow
03-02-2003, 05:26 PM
im telling you, CDmage....scan all iso's you download BEFORE burning them.

http://cdmage.cjb.net

It saves alot of time and CD's...and gives you working copies instead of cup trays

imported_Black.Ops
03-02-2003, 08:35 PM
im about to try the CDmage thing...tell u if it works! :rtfm:

UserX
03-02-2003, 10:09 PM
hey guys. dunno if any1 else has this but when when language.cab is being installed, it always stops and crashes on "English.big". Maybe its just this one file. :) In that case can someone that got it to work plz share it on kazza? :D thanx in advance :D :P

DarkEternityNow
03-02-2003, 11:36 PM
.....*points to his previous post*

do that before you EVER burn an ISO you downloaded, lol...

UserX
03-02-2003, 11:50 PM
tried that DarkEternity, sry no good. It listed that there were about 29 something errors but the repair thing doesn't work. It's like "0 out of 29 errors has been sucessfully repaired" And I downloaded the newest version. :( :(

UserX
03-03-2003, 01:36 AM
plz ppls. It's only 1 measly 2.51meg file. And its not too hard to find. Its located in the languages.cab file and just about any decompresser can open it. :lol: even windows can open it. btw it called "English.big". I know i sound like a noob begging but its only a very small file.... :(

edgar959
03-03-2003, 06:41 PM
I had same problem but try to reinstall your windows i mean formate disk & istall from new list its only problem from your Windows there no such file exist on C&C Generals trust me i did it today & its worked .Good luck :D

CornerPocket
03-03-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by edgar959@3 March 2003 - 12:41
I had same problem but try to reinstall your windows i mean formate disk & istall from new list its only problem from your Windows there no such file exist on C&C Generals trust me i did it today & its worked .Good luck :D
:o Whaaaa reinstall Windows...woo nelly.......I think the error is the same for all, but to have one person say to wipe out drive and reinstall is nuts, not just for a game :blink: . If I see tons of post saying the same thing, then I would consider but not just one from 1, sorry. It stems from the game because I faced the same issue as UserX..the 29 errors thingy ;)

edgar959
03-03-2003, 11:27 PM
K-Lite Board God
u not smart as i u think,so dont push on me i woudnt bulshit u or any1 else because of the 1 f.... game i mean it,this file not corrupt he dont even exist its windows msi error u d...head,because many people installing all those windowblinds or other shit ,thats why this error coming,so go learn something about using Widows & then comeback,......... <_<

UserX
03-03-2003, 11:33 PM
edgar, actually i think that reinstalling windows might not be the case. i&#39;m not sure i have the same error as you but i get a corrupted file error not an msi error. And i dont use winblinds, stylexp, etc. but the things is that this board is for people to help each other not to dis people... ;)

imported_stg1123
03-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Okay guys lets calm down. listen he is definitely not the only one because EXACTLY the same thing happenned to me and i worked very hard on that download but i do know the solution and anyone that knows anything about Westwood knows that this is the only real solution and that is to buy the damn game which i have done and i will get it next week.
Hope this answers any further questions about c&C Generals.

DarkEternityNow
03-04-2003, 05:17 AM
If you people need the English.big file from the Language.cab, just send me an IM on AIM/ICQ/Yahoo&#33; and I will send it directly to you. I just want to end all of this C&C Generals crap, lol....

UserX
03-04-2003, 01:42 PM
hey guys. for those of you who have some other corrupted file besides english.big, there might be help. look in the games hashes section. Look for generals (the 185meg one) download that. then unzip it and u have generals&#33; but wait&#33; u didn&#39;t download CD2 and CD1 in vain&#33; From CD2&#39;s data.cab copy over the movie files to ur game dir/data/movies. For more info see instructions in the hashes section under generals. sry no time to link g2g school...cya :)

al_birkett
03-05-2003, 12:19 PM
hey u could try gettin this version of C&C generals
click here (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=34&t=18392&st=0)

pearothed2
03-16-2003, 07:46 AM
ive downloaded this game twice and both times same thing happens to language cab file. no way around it. if someone does have this file. please let me know. im on aol imer or just email me at [email protected]. thanks

muaythai
03-19-2003, 04:30 PM
the cab file IS corrupt on quite a few bin files...even winzip reports an error on the cab file...don&#39;t reformat your hdd....

TranceM4st4
03-28-2003, 05:23 AM
it is the sizzle_review.bik which is corrupt.

if you extract the language.cab file to your desktop then open it up and try and extract each file, 1 by 1 from the folder you will notice all will be extracted except the sizzle_review.bik
well its the only 1 that comes up with an error msg for me n e way.

but there is a language.cab file which is on kazaa now, which is downloaded for me now, just gotta check if replacing it works

TranceM4st4
03-28-2003, 08:12 PM
ok ive now downloaded 2 versions, got the working files out of both cab files and created a new language.cab which it has now got past.
the file which is corrupt now, is data1.cab lol, but the file which is corrupt in there is music.big which had to be the biggest file.
well im off to search for that

i will tell u on my results soon

omnix32
03-28-2003, 10:23 PM
I already posted a possible fix for this. First check your images with cdmage....................
make sure they don&#39;t have any errors............................
fix em if they do. I got my copy from direct connect and it had the same problem and both cd&#39;s were good.

The problem extends I believe from the install or disk protection. For some reason this seems to be XP related as the same problem occures on the Iron Storm cd. My reason was that I don&#39;t have the service pack installed so my install is out of date.

Solution: copy both cd&#39;s to a hard drive folder and don&#39;t replace anything. then install from there. Next download the update then grab the cd fix from gamecopyworld or megagames or even gamefix. not sure where I found it.

The game will work fine but no multiplayer. still its cool so before you download this AGAIN try what I suggested as it works if you can correct any errors with cdmage and copy the whole thing to hard drive.
bottom line is if you can extract the file then the game will install this way.
Notice even retail users have had the same problem.
Remember cdmage................

http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech....fcGFnZT0x&p_li= (http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=_J2sckFg&p_lva=&p_faqid=10809&p_created=1045579642&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1sYW5ndWFnZS5jYWImcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT0zJnBfcHJvZF9sdmwxPX5hbnl_JnBfcHJvZF9sdmwyPX5hbnl_JnBfY2F0X2x2bDE9fmFueX4mcF9jYXRfbHZsMj1_YW55fiZwX3NjZl9mYXFzKmMkcGxhdGZvcm09MTgyJnBfc29ydF9ieT1kZmx0JnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=)

support link above.....