PDA

View Full Version : Sportsworld News

fkdup74
01-21-2004, 04:53 PM
more changes in NASCAR

Originally posted by CONCORD@ N.C.(AP)
NASCAR is going to have a 10-race showdown for this year's Nextel Cup championship in a bid to emphasize winning and add excitement just don't call it a playoff.

"It's not a playoff," NASCAR chairman Brian France emphasized Tuesday after the announcement that the top 10 drivers and any others within 400 points of the leader following the first 26 races will be included in its new "Chase for the Championship."

"It's not a single elimination, a lose and you're out or a best three-out-of-five," France explained. "It still has consistency, 10 tracks and 2 1/2 months to compete, so we think we've got something that's better than a playoff."

-edit- RR's new homepage sucks ass, cant link direct to news anymore :angry:
you can probably read more at NASCAR.com :P

CornerPocket
01-21-2004, 05:48 PM
Go Jr. Go! B)

http://www.dipacephotography.com/nascar%20page/dale_jr.jpg

and yes the new RR homepage sux. ;)

fkdup74
01-21-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by CornerPocket@21 January 2004 - 09:48
and yes the new RR homepage sux. ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

cool pic, ya frame it yourself?
i got a few, some Harvick, Jr., Gordon and Johnson
but i dont get too fancy with em :P

CornerPocket
01-21-2004, 06:34 PM
Nah, I just googled it, but I do have a few myself. :D

Earnhardt Jr fan all the way, but I back up Harvick too. B)

Take it by the names you listed those are your drivers of choice?

BigBank_Hank
01-21-2004, 06:57 PM
So in other words the first 26 races are just pointless and they are there just to take our money. If only the last 10 races count then why not run only 10 races? I read on the NASCAR website the around 90% of the drives don't like the new rule.

And about Earnhardt Jr I feel bad for him, he still hasn't figured out how pass cars on the race track without ramming them out of the way.

4th gen
01-21-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@21 January 2004 - 17:57
And about Earnhardt Jr I fell bad for him, he still hasn't figured out how pass cars on the race track without ramming them out of the way.
reminds me of a certain F1 driver... :-"

:)

CornerPocket
01-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@21 January 2004 - 11:57
So in other words the first 26 races are just pointless and they are there just to take our money. If only the last 10 races count then why not run only 10 races? I read on the NASCAR website the around 90% of the drives don't like the new rule.

And about Earnhardt Jr I feel bad for him, he still hasn't figured out how pass cars on the race track without ramming them out of the way.
Actually think you have him confused with Jeff Gordon and Kurt Busch are the top dogs when it comes to ramming. They do it openly and intentionally, Jr is way cleaner driver then those too. Ask Rusty Wallace, he'll tell you.

Speaks for itself: Pulling off the bump-and-run: Jeff Gordon reveals how it's done. (http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m1208/18_227/101010643/p1/article.jhtml)

As for the 10 race rule, well whether they like it or not, it's there. Besides what can a driver down 1000+ pts do in the last 10 races. He'd have to win all 10 to even nudge up the position status.

Saying the 1st 26 races are pointless is like saying the first 18 weeks of football is pointless if you don't get to the SuperBowl? ;)

Again............Go Jr GO! :01:

fkdup74
01-21-2004, 08:33 PM
Take it by the names you listed those are your drivers of choice?

yeah, pretty much, but I cant leave out Ryan Newman either
(that fecker's just too damn good to ignore, what, 8 or 9 wins in 03?)
and the older guys are cool to watch too, wouldnt mind seein Rusty
get in victory lane again

Actually think you have him confused with Jeff Gordon and Kurt Busch are the top dogs when it comes to ramming. They do it openly and intentionally, Jr is way cleaner driver then those too. Ask Rusty Wallace, he'll tell you.

:lol: yep, ole Rusty would be more than happy to point that out :lol:

BigBank_Hank
01-21-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by CornerPocket@21 January 2004 - 15:19

Speaks for itself: Pulling off the bump-and-run: Jeff Gordon reveals how it's done. (http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m1208/18_227/101010643/p1/article.jhtml)

As for the 10 race rule, well whether they like it or not, it's there. Besides what can a driver down 1000+ pts do in the last 10 races. He'd have to win all 10 to even nudge up the position status.

Saying the 1st 26 races are pointless is like saying the first 18 weeks of football is pointless if you don't get to the SuperBowl? ;)

Again............Go Jr GO! :01:
Well I guess us Ford and Chevy guys will never agree on anything. I being a Ford man dislike Jr. and you dislike Kurt, so I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

I am glad to see that I'm not the only NASCAR fan here and it will be fun to talk racing once the season starts.

Go Ricky Rudd

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/cars/Daytona.JPG

fkdup74
01-21-2004, 09:46 PM
yeah, who needs the 'US vs the rest of the world' motorsports?
we can have our own Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge world :lol: